Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged x2] Mass Alien Abduction Experiment

Persia

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mcrom901

• quillius

• AI Construct

• _Only

Many were contacted by “aliens” during an experiment conducted by the OOBE Research Center at UCLA. It was the first experiment to ever prove that close encounters with UFOs and extraterrestrials are a product of the human mind.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/alien/UFO/prweb8910454.htm

Ah well that's it then; the whole alien abduction phenomena over the last 50 years is all invention of the human mind. Thanks for clearing it up once and for all. Now what's for tea?

Z

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45051979/ns/technology_and_science-science/#.TqifMt6Ae7h

Researchers say they have conducted "the first experiment to ever prove that close encounters with UFOs and extraterrestrials are a product of the human mind."

Take it how you want. not the most convincing study imo, although i have for years figured alien abductions were of lucid dreams. But i don't see how this study actually proves it.

Gotta be careful with the "prove" word. :lol:

The article is recounting a study which "may" give credence to the theory.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45051979/ns/technology_and_science-science/#.TqifMt6Ae7h

Take it how you want. not the most convincing study imo, although i have for years figured alien abductions were of lucid dreams. But i don't see how this study actually proves it.

It proves nothing not all alien abductions take place when people are sleepy also the study talks about out of body experiences when aliens abductions are physical experiences. Maybe if they would know something about alien abductions before doing their study it would help,

Edited by ohio state buckeyes

Many were contacted by aliens during an experiment conducted by the OOBE Research Center at UCLA. It was the first experiment to ever prove that close encounters with UFOs and extraterrestrials are a product of the human mind.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/alien/UFO/prweb8910454.htm

I think this should actually read:

It was the first experiment to ever prove that 'some' close encounters with UFOs and extraterrestrials are 'sometimes' a product of the human mind. [/b]

imagine anyone in UFology being as definitive about 'UFO's' as this experiment claims to be....they would be hung drawn and quartered....on a good day :)

Edited by quillius

It was the first experiment to ever prove that 'some' close encounters with UFOs and extraterrestrials are 'sometimes' a product of the human mind.

i've heard of dr. michael persinger's experiments previously

i've heard of dr. michael persinger's experiments previously

ok heres your drum roll... dum dum dum....now please proceed :)

I think this should actually read:

It was the first experiment to ever prove that 'some' close encounters with UFOs and extraterrestrials are 'sometimes' a product of the human mind. [/b]

imagine anyone in UFology being as definitive about 'UFO's' as this experiment claims to be....they would be hung drawn and quartered....on a good day :)

They seem to paint their results with a pretty broad brush: "If you've encountered UFOs or aliens after sitting or lying down, it can now be unequivocally stated that you've had a spontaneous out-of-body experience. We have proven this."

I'm not sure what that means, although I am reasonably certain that I was standing up when I had my UFO encounters and that I was still in possession of my physical body.

ok heres your drum roll... dum dum dum....now please proceed :)

t_drumming.gif

t_drumming.gif

I was oing to go find an image but knew you would trump me anyway...so I left it to the pro :)

I was oing to go find an image but knew you would trump me anyway...so I left it to the pro :)

that humble response is already indicative of an over-trumping potential :geek:

They seem to paint their results with a pretty broad brush: "If you've encountered UFOs or aliens after sitting or lying down, it can now be unequivocally stated that you've had a spontaneous out-of-body experience. We have proven this."

I'm not sure what that means, although I am reasonably certain that I was standing up when I had my UFO encounters and that I was still in possession of my physical body.

exactly...so if you arent sitting or lying down then what?

also what did each report back? what about certain multiple witness cases or events....Pascagoula springs to mind (seeing as I am looking into the case now)....

what if one of the two were sitting down and the other standing, yet experience the same event?

that humble response is already indicative of an over-trumping potential :geek:

:)

I think they might disprove several abductions, but not the best, most convincing ones. What about the Betty & Barney Hill abduction? Betty could draw a starmap of stars not yet discovered. How can that be an illusion of the mind? What about alien implants? If you've seen the UFO-Hunters episode about it, you know what I mean. They managed to film the removal of a suspected implant and the implant not only emitted radiation and radiowaves, but it moved to avoid the surgeon's instruments. Alien abductions are most certainly real and I highly doubt they're going to disprove more than the worst cases.

exactly...so if you arent sitting or lying down then what?

tectonic strain theory? :P

tectonic strain theory? :P

if it was only a visual encounter then yes maybe.....otherwise its as likely as.... [suitable image to be inserted by mcrom] :P

if it was only a visual encounter then yes maybe.....otherwise its as likely as.... 2008-04-30-alien_abduction.jpg:P

:D

That is a extremely wide stroke, doesnt explain photo's, mass sightings,police or military sightings, radar data or anything and we all know a few folks are simply crazy so that explains those few so this almost means nothing.

doesnt explain photo's, mass sightings,police or military sightings, radar data or anything

about abduction?

I agree that their statements are pretty broad in just explaining away all alien abductions and sightings. Their website is a little pushy in trying to sell you on their methods. Lots of exclamation points!!!! And I guess it doesn't hurt to have pretty, half dressed girls in their ads and instructional videos.

Also, if purposely induced OOBE's are real and you're able to fly, shapeshift, travel to other dimensions and even communicate with deceased people, then how do they know that they didn't prove that OOBE's are a way to more easily communicate with aliens?

I've saved the site and will be doing my own experiments using their methods.

Edited by Pandora7321

I agree that their statements are pretty broad in just explaining away all alien abductions and sightings. Their website is a little pushy in trying to sell you on their methods. Lots of exclamation points!!!! And I guess it doesn't hurt to have pretty, half dressed girls in their ads and instructional videos.

Also, if purposely induced OOBE's are real and you're able to fly, shapeshift, travel to other dimensions and even communicate with deceased people, then how do they know that they didn't prove that OOBE's are a way to more easily communicate with aliens? I've saved the site and will be doing my own experiments using their methods.

Hey Pandora, I too thought about that element and find it an interesting chain of thought, especially as I feel 'interdimensional beings/travel' seems quite a strong candidate at the moment IMO.

do let us know how your experiments go.