Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

President Obama’s popularity surges

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,380 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostMag357, on 31 January 2013 - 04:50 AM, said:

I wasn't satisfied with Romney or Obama in 12. But I did my patriotic duty and voted anyway but it was more like a flip of the coin.
In 08 I had hopes for McCain. With his service record and a POW in Nam where he wouldn't leave his fellow POW's when he had the opportunity
made me think of an unselfish man and possibly be unselfish about doing right for his country. But now that's history.

That is a really rational way of looking at it.  I really liked McCain until the whole Sarah Palin thing -- case in point about reality TV politics.

#47    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,087 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostFurthurBB, on 01 February 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

That is a really rational way of looking at it.  I really liked McCain until the whole Sarah Palin thing -- case in point about reality TV politics.
Exactly. I think he really shot himself in the foot there. A lot of people, I suspect, had nothing against him, but took a look at who might be his VP and thought " :unsure2:".

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#48    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,622 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 01 February 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

Exactly. I think he really shot himself in the foot there. A lot of people, I suspect, had nothing against him, but took a look at who might be his VP and thought " :unsure2:".

While true, what is ironic is that he chose Palin to kick start his lackluster campaign.

Edited by questionmark, 01 February 2013 - 02:20 PM.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#49    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,791 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 01 February 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

While true, what is ironic is that he chose Palin to kick start his lackluster campaign.

Conventional wisdom is that she was chosen for, not by, him.

Folks seem to forget that there was a very positive reaction to her initially.  It wasn't until she started talking that things turned sour.  If she had been a woman of substance and not talking points, there's a good chance they would have won.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#50    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

This is a silly thread.

Why don't you do one where Fox News polls people in Texas.
Let me know what THOSE results show.
Washington Post and ABC news are as biased as they get.
ABC the All Barack Channel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users