Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Documents reveal Area 51 Cold War secrecy

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

Several newly declassified documents have lifted the lid on Area 51 and the struggle to keep it a secret.

It was only a few months ago that the first documents acknowledging the existence of the base were released to the public. Far from being a home to captured alien technology however these documents revealed the base to have been a testing ground for a number of more conventional operations such as the U-2 and OXCART aerial surveillance programs.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...old-war-secrecy

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    paperdyer

paperdyer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

• "The place where optimism flourishes the most is the insane asylum."

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

Regardless of what documents are declassified, some people will still believe alien technology is stored there.  Very well might be.  We'll probably never know, at least in my remaining lifetime.

#3    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

Yes, things were kept secret during the Cold War.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#4    cyclopes500

cyclopes500

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

I wonder where the Russian area 51 is and what they've been doing in there?

#5    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,904 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:56 AM

ITs in the Bahama`s !
And Welcome to the Show cyclopes500 ! Lets Find Area 42 ! :tu:
Or at least 43 ! Now Thats a Drink I can get behind ! Anyone Know what that is in here ?
Us Texans Love it !

This is a Work in Progress!

#6    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,019 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

UFO's are still a great cover for their new and improved ways of killing people.

Edited by GreenmansGod, 18 November 2013 - 02:48 PM.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#7    ilovejules25

ilovejules25

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:21 AM

I think it's so funny that when the government acknowledged Area 51 a few months back, all the skeptics were like, "See, told you!  Case closed!"  Yes, as if the government would actually admit they were doing anything with alien technology.  Now I don't have a firm belief one way or the other, but the whole thing is a joke... and these "secret documents" that are being released are only really confirming what we started hearing 20 years ago about the aircraft being tested there.  Like someone above me wrote... people will always believe, and who knows, maybe fact is stranger than fiction... but either way we will never really know.

#8    mfluder

mfluder

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:58 AM

All the good UFOlogists know they moved to the new Area 51ish base some years ago.  Once people started learning of the existence of Area 51, they moved it to someplace in NW Utah/SW Idaho.  Still haven't seen anything on Google Earth....wait.....maybe....  Nope, still nothing.

#9    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,904 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:40 AM

mfluder dude ! They did move area51 all of us know this now ! The real trick was to release the fact`s that area51 was real,and we are moving it. Now for the Real shocker !
THey actually didnt move it ! ITs been right under our noses all this time !
Would you like to know where this is ? :alien: :no:
They will Kill you you know this right ?

#10    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

Secrets were kept..? By the government??

Faints*

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#11    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,904 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

If Area 51 was real there would be a movie about it ! Douh !!!

#12    Rolci

Rolci

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

What I never really understood is what is it that keeps americans from having say 20 of them driving to the edge of area 51 and all of them releasing a hexacopter each equipped with HD cameras streaming live and recording in their cars All at the same time, and see what happens. The worst they'd get would be some fancy firework-like explosion show. We have countless stupid youtube videos of people driving up to the fences just to turn around and go back home. Seriously, how much brains does it take? Just don't tell me they can't afford it. Do it instead of a holiday, great adventure plus adrenaline, and the prospect of finding out some secrets, let alone the hefty amount you'd get for such footage.

Best piece of truth I have found so far: http://llresearch.or...of_one_pdf.aspx
A truly free society: https://sites.google...t-economy-today
The true history of our planet: http://www.floating-...rth_history.htm
Dialogues with The Absolute: unveiledsecretsandmessagesoflight.blogspot (dot) co (dot) uk/2011/08/eon-11aug2010.html
A wealth of metaphysical readings with a surprisingly high ratio of truth content: soulwise (dot) net/index-00.htm

#13    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 9,884 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

Watched  a programme about the storage there, well, what they didn`t mind us knowing about.
No aliens, but to be quite honest, I would feel a lot safer if there were aliens there, what they are really storing and  concealing is far more frightening.

#14    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,904 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

View PostRolci, on 25 January 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

What I never really understood is what is it that keeps americans from having say 20 of them driving to the edge of area 51 and all of them releasing a hexacopter each equipped with HD cameras streaming live and recording in their cars All at the same time, and see what happens. The worst they'd get would be some fancy firework-like explosion show. We have countless stupid youtube videos of people driving up to the fences just to turn around and go back home. Seriously, how much brains does it take? Just don't tell me they can't afford it. Do it instead of a holiday, great adventure plus adrenaline, and the prospect of finding out some secrets, let alone the hefty amount you'd get for such footage.
They would arrest you even on the perimeter and If your little drones could even fly the 15 miles to the actual base then they would collect them up and add on spying on an American facility !
And Fine you,jail you ,scare the Ba-Jesus outta you and all your  co-hearts !  Believe-you-me ! They do not mess around out there,ITs a very serious place !
We do secret Flight testing and weapons development there ! But It would be Nice to see whats underground there Indeed ! :tu:

#15    frenat

frenat

Poltergeist

• 3,139 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

View PostRolci, on 25 January 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

The possibility of fines and jailtime stops them.  It is trespassing, even if only by remote) and by using an aircraft you're also liable for FAA fines (it is restricted airspace after all).

-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
-Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
-If I wanted to pay for commercials I couldn't skip I'd sign up for Hulu Plus.
-There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.
If you have to insist that you've won an Internet argument, you've probably lost badly. - Danth's Law

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users