Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How much would you pay to go into space?

Roj47

This is pretty closely linked to a thread started by another user, so apologies there for any overlap. I will try and avoid this.

Come 2010 it appears that certain organisations are hoping to have Space travel as a commercial oppotunity with prices currently being quoted at £110k (about $170k USD).

I would love to travel to Space (whether you actually enter what is deemed space is argueable to me though), but I have 3 questions for you -

1. What would the maximum amount you would pay to take such a trip? Whether by todays prices £50k for 5 days or £20k per day etc...

2. What would you expect to see or experience on such a trip?

3. Do you expect you will take this trip at some point in your life?

From myself -

1. By todays money (as efficiency should cause the relative expense to drop) the most I would pay for such a trip is £15k ($23k USD) although I would probably wait until it became cheaper. I do not take into account there would probably be a waiting list.

2. I would be dissapointed not to see the moon, sun rise over earth and experience weightlessness. Whether these are feasible,..... I dont know.

3. simple enough.... Yes :)

PS. This is not for market research purposes, but feel free to send money to me for such a trip lol.

TC

R47

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McKenna

• Roj47

• Pinowawa1

• xstortionist

Top Posters In This Topic

I would pay £20,000, open to negociation below 30,000..

but thats only if my salary were a few hundred thousand a year

Edited by Pinowawa1

Why not just tape your butt shut and get abducted by aliens,last time I heard thats

for free. :D

Edited by hazzard

Why not just tape your butt shut and get abducted by aliens,last time I heard thats

for free. :D

Quality! :rofl: I had planned on carrying a Welcome board on the top of a skyscraper in the hope of being noticed and abducted.

Sounding like Southpark when Cartmen gets an anal probe :)

There are a few things I would like to do before I die..... Being abducted by aliens is not one of them.

I will remember to wave when I am hurtling and stupid miles an hour into the ground on the return in 2038 (coz nothing will have been wiped out as the doomsday people predict).

TC

R47

This is pretty closely linked to a thread started by another user, so apologies there for any overlap. I will try and avoid this.

Come 2010 it appears that certain organisations are hoping to have Space travel as a commercial oppotunity with prices currently being quoted at £110k (about $170k USD).

I would love to travel to Space (whether you actually enter what is deemed space is argueable to me though), but I have 3 questions for you -

1. What would the maximum amount you would pay to take such a trip? Whether by todays prices £50k for 5 days or £20k per day etc...

From myself -

1. By todays money (as efficiency should cause the relative expense to drop) the most I would pay for such a trip is £15k ($23k USD) although I would probably wait until it became cheaper. I do not take into account there would probably be a waiting list.

2. I would be dissapointed not to see the moon, sun rise over earth and experience weightlessness. Whether these are feasible,..... I dont know.

PS. This is not for market research purposes, but feel free to send money to me for such a trip lol.

TC

R47

lol i would submit my life itself to see jupiter with my own eyes. it is the most beautiful planet in this solar system :)

From myself -

TC

R47

I would pay my life away. If I could beable to go into outerspace,land on the moon, and maybe even mars someday. if possible. to land on mars in my lifetime. I would also like to go into space to see for myself if indeed life on other planets/unniverses do in fact exist.

Edited by McKenna

I would pay my life away. If I could beable to go into outerspace,land on the moon, and maybe even mars someday. if possible. to land on mars in my lifetime. I would also like to go into space to see for myself if indeed life on other planets/unniverses do in fact exist.

you never know....space travel may be commonplace in 20 years. ;)

you never know....space travel may be commonplace in 20 years. ;)

not only becoming a musician is my dream. but becoming an astronaut is my dream as well.