Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Only Real Ghost Picture!

Sublime

Very interesting... Did you take this pic, I'd like to know more about it?

It was taken with a cannon digital camera, the sky was overcast at 3pm, and i scanned a print of the original back onto my computer. it was taken at a cemetary :P

Why scan a print of a digital image :huh: Although it does of course mean that no EXIF data is available in the picture...

Orbs are in no way paranormal. Why would they be? I STILL don't get how people come to this conclusion....

I've seen orbs in many old family pictures.. I think they are light reflections.

On second thought, some orbs are odd. And most ARE taken in "haunted" places. But I still don't have enough evidence to believe they ARE ghosts...

Edited by Zero of Deism

No flash, that would rule it out immediatley.

zero, what do you think this reflected off of? and what's your definition of paranormal, because no one seems to explain this consistantly...

also, i dont have the origional digital file, so thats why i scanned a print of it.

Edited by 22sublime22

hmm, actually that is pretentious. But it is an attractive title. I guess a more realistic one would be "unexplained photo"

Edited by 22sublime22
  • Like 1

Great picture. It interest me how near the top of the object it looks like it had wings though it is transparent. At least it looks like some sort of movement.

Yeah it does look to have some energy movement about it.

Well if no flash was used all i can say is you have a very good pic...I'm impressed. I will enjoy seeing the skeptics try and debunk this one :tu:

On second thought, some orbs are odd. And most ARE taken in "haunted" places. But I still don't have enough evidence to believe they ARE ghosts...

There are different breeds of orbs. It's widely agreed by skeptics and believers that some are light, some are dust and some are camera malfunctions. But we believers believe that a tiny percentage of them can be spirit energy.

What exactly is "spirit energy"?

Is it something you can prove or just something you believe in?

I saw a pink elephant once but I don't believe in it.

:ph34r:

That's when you know you huffed just enough gas. :tu:

No flash, that would rule it out immediatley.

zero, what do you think this reflected off of? and what's your definition of paranormal, because no one seems to explain this consistantly...

also, i dont have the origional digital file, so thats why i scanned a print of it.

I consider anything that defies any natural explainations to be "paranormal" untill explained. Such as ghosts. I don't see what's so special about a tiny orb. I don't see any reason to believe it's a ghost that's for damn sure.

If I see a pink elephant and I know I'm not halucinating, I'd believe in pink elephants. :tu:

EDIT: Sorry, damn double posts. -_-

Edited by Zero of Deism

What I said was a metaphor......

There is no proof a pink elephant just as there is no proof of ghosts except in peoples minds.

Well if no flash was used all i can say is you have a very good pic...I'm impressed. I will enjoy seeing the skeptics try and debunk this one

One could always say the picture was a photoshop job. Since anything can be done with digital effects these days i am inclined not to trust video and picture evidence anymore.

I certainly can't say for certain what the picture is if anything at all. I however do know that this 'effect' can be done using eith Airbrush on white w/ soft edge or the eraser tool w/ soft edge as well. Or if your a n00b adding the soften or blur effect afterwards.

Even if the picture was real and no offense to the OP but a lot of people who don't think it's real will simply say what i have said. That being that this picture can be recreated in under a few minutes using the right program whether it's PSP or Photoshop....

The fact that you no longer have the pic on the camera and the fact that this is 'not' the original file, and just merely a scan of a print out does take away credibility from the picture as well. IMO anyway....

To me it looks like an amateur photoshop job. Like seriously on my home PC I can do this in 30 seconds. The fact the effect is so easily recreatable makes me question the validity of this picture.

What I said was a metaphor......

There is no proof a pink elephant just as there is no proof of ghosts except in peoples minds.

Are you blind? Nevermind.. I've gone over this with you before I think... All I can say is this: Prove that a massive ammount of people can all have similar halucinations, and experience the same thing at the same time while in the same room. And how are some of these experiences caught on film?

Edited by Zero of Deism

Looks like you used the eraser feature in paintshop or photoshop or some other photo editing program.