Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

sleepless night

mad inventor

As i lay in bed ,an eerie silence filled the room followed by the pungent smell of stale cigarettes.

Suddenly my whole body became cold and gripped with a fear that left me motionless.

After what seemed like a lifetime,i slowly gazed round the room hoping beyond hope that i was truly alone,yet even though i could not see anything in my dimly lit bedroom the smell stayed till morning.

First light,after very little sleep i staggered bleary eyed down to the kitchen.

although my normal saturday morning coffee just didn't cut it,the morning paper was waiting at the shop and that had to be enough motivation for today.

"hello colin" beamed mr Phelps as he handed over the freshly folded news paper,

"have you seen the news yet?"

i gazed slowly up from my hand.....

"Thats what this is for " i mumbled sarcastically as i opened the pages, then i saw it

smack in the middle of the front page.

MAN GUNNED DOWN IN POLICE CHASE! A murder hunt came to an abrupt end last night when a man thought to be in his early twenties was shot dead by police marksmen outside number 21 cooper street late last night.

"Thats your street is'nt it"Mr phelps added,"yes it is " i said in a thoughtful voice,but why didn't i hear the gun....."they caught smoky joe" he said "in your street too"!

A pain ripped through me and i ran out of the shop,turning the corner of my street i caught a glimps of a police man stood outside my front door.

Instinctively i turned and bolted back round the corner.

As i gasped for breath the pain grew steadilly , grasping my chest i ran on untill finally i collapsed down by the river bank.

Then it hit me...why am i running...sitting up on the waters edge i noticed some blood on the grass,then i saw my hands.

edging forward i peered into the water at my reflection then rolled back against the grass again.

reaching into my pocket i pulled out a blood soaked pack of cigaretts and lit one.

"they always said smoking will kill you"

Edited by mad inventor

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mad inventor

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic