Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

dates of Jesus

et's daddy

if the dating of the Shroud of Turin is even close to accurate

and i believe it to possibly be authentic

couldnt the dates for the life of Jesus be wrong ?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• et's daddy

• Ashley-Star*Child

• Stellar

• Ken1Burton

Top Posters In This Topic

if the dating of the Shroud of Turin is even close to accurate

and i believe it to possibly be authentic

couldnt the dates for the life of Jesus be wrong ?

474059[/snapback]

No. I watched the program, as in actually watched them carbon dating. They went through it a million times, couldn't come up with an answer, originally thought it ws a fake and that it was paint, yet they found real AB- blood all through it. They never came up with a date, just that it was older than they thought it was and was probably real and in the timespan of Jesus' said life.

Well it has been said that it was AB-. There was something else about AB- blood too, it's found in certain types of people (general population with it aside).

yet they found real AB- blood all through it.

You should quit lying. AB blood was not found "all through it", it was found on an isolated portion of the cloth. The image was found to have been made of red ochre.

You should quit lying. AB blood was not found "all through it", it was found on an isolated portion of the cloth. The image was found to have been made of red ochre.

474291[/snapback]

How much did you read/watch??? They originally THOUGHT it was paint, I already said that, and they found BLOOD on it instead. It remains unresolved.

For the record, Ashley never lies.....exaggerates, yes....Goes off on wierd tangents, yes....bends the facts, yes...but as she precieves it, she never lies! yes.gif

For the record, Ashley never lies.....exaggerates, yes....Goes off on wierd tangents, yes....bends the facts, yes...but as she precieves it, she never lies! yes.gif

474321[/snapback]

Oh believe whatever you want. I don't have to prove myself to you or anyone else on this board.

Anyway, you can all attack away, I'm going to bed, I have things to do tomorrow.

Anyone who knows the scriptures knows that the Shroud of Turin was not that of Jesus. John chapter 19 verse 40, "Then took they the body of Jesus, and wound it in linen clothes with the spices, as the manner of the Jews is to bury."

They wound the body, almost like what you would do with a body and it also says clothes, which means more than one. The way the image on the shroud looks, it's almost impossible to wrap someone up that way. They just laid him down on one end and covered the front of him with the rest of the cloth? No. The bible says he was wound and there was more than one cloth.

Thanks saucy, i was just gonna state that the SHroud was indeed not Jesus at all. Infact i'm pretty sure they identified the man it was, although i can't remember the name.

wonders how ashley forgot that, with her infinite wisdom

They believe DaVinchi did it... that and if you look at it, the guy has long hair.

We already know that men were *NOT* allowed to have long hair.... why would Jesus be an exception?

Jesus is not the exception. He didn't have long hair. Nobody really knows what Jesus looked like and it was a Jewish custom for Rabbis to have short hair. The reason why Jesus is always portrayed to have long hair is because it was attractive in the middle ages for men to have long hair. That's when most of the pictures and images of Jesus were made.

474291[/snapback]

How much did you read/watch??? They originally THOUGHT it was paint, I already said that, and they found BLOOD on it instead. It remains unresolved.

474310[/snapback]

I read much. THey originally THOUGHT it was blood, from a small sample taken, but when they studied a portion taken from the image itsself, they found it was red ochre.

I also ask you, how did this blood remain that red after all the years? Have you ever left blood to dry? It doesnt stay red like that...

it always amazes me as to how some people talk as if they had witnessed events themselves

i can certainly believe that paintings reflect the hairstyle of the times

but as for stating that Jesus couldnt possibly have had long hair is absurb

none of us were there

JC could have been a rebel with a pompador and a horse driven harley

weeeeeeeeeeeeee werent there weeeeeeeeeee dont know

as for Da Vinci i believe the shroud has been examined under an electron microscope and no brush strokes were found

as for Da Vinci i believe the shroud has been examined under an electron microscope and no brush strokes were found

Thats because they also dont think Da Vinci painted it with a brush.

All exactly right

Edited by SilverCougar

The Shroud is phony as far as belonging to Christ. The nail holes were in the Palms of His hands. And they are not there on the Shroud.

Jesus told Thomas to put your fingers IN MY HANDS. He has us GRAVEN in the Palms of His hands. Behold My HANDS and My feet.

Also Bind the Sacrifice with CORDS. Jesus was tied to the Cross, as well as nailed through the palms of His Hands.

(LUKE 24:39) Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself:

handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye

see me have. (KJV)

(JOHN 20:27) Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and

behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my

side: and be not faithless, but believing. (KJV)

Ken

it has been proven that crucifixion by spikes in the hands is not feasible

the hands can not support the weight of the body

it seems likely the romans would have known this and nailed jesus in the wrists

middle aged paintings with inacuracies and a bible written hundreds of years after the event shouldnt be used as fact

The nail holes were in the Palms of His hands.

et is right. If the nail holes were in his hands, he would have had his hands seperated.

However, I suppose its also possible that he was tied to the cross aswell, in order to keep him up.

stellar i would agree with you but ken seems to like the bible verbatum and there is no mention of ropes so there couldnt have been any eh ?

middle aged paintings with inacuracies and a bible written hundreds of years after the event shouldnt be used as fact

475232[/snapback]

Yes thats true, but the finest detail in paintings can be distorted, the painter could have seen the crusifixion in a remote position and thought it was in the palms? Maybe Jesus was nailed in the wrists, I don't know. I just can't state anything about this no.gif .

By the way, happy birthday et's daddy grin2.gif .

Jesus had to fulfill every jot and tittle of the Old Testament prophecies. And many of them He did not know, there were hundreds of them. and all of them were for the day of the cross.

(PSALMS 118:27) God is the Lord, which hath shewed us light: bind

the sacrifice with cords, even unto the horns of the altar. (KJV)

(ISAIAH 49:14) But Zion said, The Lord hath forsaken me, and my

Lord hath forgotten me. (KJV)

Zion is listed to be like those who trust in the Lord. That is Jesus saying "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?"

(ISAIAH 49:15) Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she

should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may

forget, yet will I not forget thee. (KJV)

(ISAIAH 49:16) Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my

hands; thy walls are continually before me. (KJV)

The Wall is he Wall of men with Judas, they are the angels given charge over Jesus, the wall is measured in Revelation 21:17. 144 Cubits, which is the measure of a man, or they added the Cubit and reached Angel status.

Multipled by 1,000 in Deuteronomy 1:11= 144,000 with Jesus on the Mount seen in Revelation chapter 14. They are Virgins, They are Seen as men travailing with child in Jeremiah. They fulfill the Virgin birth, as all prophecies are fulfilled the day of the cross. The Body of Christ seen born the day of the cross in Psalms 2:6/7. Given the heathen in 2:8. Also in the Body of Christ.

This is the Beginning, We are created in God's Image, or the Body of Christ.

The day of the cross as 3 pictures, 1=idols, 2=Graven image, 3=Molten image. The Idols are cast to the bats and the moles, or the second picture as the second day with Jesus in hell or Underground like Bats and Moles live.

(ISAIAH 48:5) I have even from the beginning declared it to thee;

before it came to pass I shewed it thee: lest thou shouldest say,

Mine idol hath done them, and my graven image, and my molten image,

hath commanded them. (KJV)

(ISAIAH 2:20) In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and

his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship,

to the moles and to the bats; (KJV)

The day as 7 time periods seen as Silver (tried in the fire 7 times), seen as 3 pictures is as Gold, the Street is seen in the Three pictures so the streets are paved with Gold. Jesus is the Street, First picture to those alive, second picture to those dead, third picture to get us to God.

(ISAIAH 51:23) But I will put it into the hand of them that afflict

thee; which have said to thy soul, Bow down, that we may go over:

and thou hast laid thy body as the ground, and as the street, to

them that went over. (KJV)

Ken