Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

girl soldiers

spud the mackem

There is a debate going on in the U.S. as to whether girl soldiers should be allowed to be used as front line combat troops....Republican R.Santorum is opposed to this...Republican Loretta Sanchez (Calif),says that women should be treated equally.Ryan Kelty,Sociologist,Washington College says that there are other jobs,such as,transport,M.P's,Intel,that they can do quite efficiently,rather than "front line"....At present 15% of Military personel are women in the U.S.and up to date 144 have been killed in Iraq/Afghanistan (60 of these were Combat troops).....Other sources say that if a women can meet the physical standards such as carrying 100lbs for 8 hours,they can be considered able....

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spud the mackem

• Corp

• RightInTheStatisticals

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Other countries have women on the front lines. If they want the assignments and can do the job I see no reason why they shouldn't be allowed to serve just like the men.

I couldn't agree with Corp more. If a person can meet the requirements and perform a job as well as anyone else, why does it matter if said person ovaries.

Other countries have women on the front lines. If they want the assignments and can do the job I see no reason why they shouldn't be allowed to serve just like the men.

Hi I agree,One of ours has just been brought back from Afghan land,she was Bomb disposal,brave lady,not a job I would go for..She had disarmed two in an alley but the third one "got" her....very sad....