Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How can you be a real life Wizard ? (wise one

LostSouls7

So the other day I was thinking of how much I admire wizards in old stories. Now I know it's possible to shoot lighting bolts or fly in the sky like in the movies. However Shaolin monks CAN move objects without touching them across a table and even float in mid air.

But the point is I found a man on Youtube who is a REAL wizard. He does do magick, or did his younger days. He explains all forms of magick. Or at least the 3 basic kinds and what the effects are on the person who does them etc.

Well in the end he said to be a wizard just means one who has wisdom. This can be about magick, spiritual. Or simply knowing what herbs and plants or veggies heals certain things in the body.

I will post one of his videos here. I find his words interesting as well as educational. I learned more from his videos and writings, then I do in school or church in just a month. It shows wisdom in life is hidden.

No he does not wear a pointy hat or shoot lightning blasts. But he does teach wisdom and tells you what books to read. I think wizards are powerful Philosopers. Especially the ones who apply their wisdom to daily habits and works!

Here is the video of the guy I find his talks interesting.

• Like 1

This topic has come up before. This was my view then:

There are a few core truths expressed in the article but there are some things that go way out there as well.

My 9 rules to be a sorceror would be this:

1. Walk with nothing in your hands, if you must use a backpack use both straps, I even read about a study that showed walking with free hands allows both hemispheres of your mind to work in better sync.

2. Learn to breath, 6 seconds in, 6 seconds out. This reduces much stress and eliminates many toxins.

3. Learn mindfulness which includes learning how to find and anchor yourself back to reality, back to the present, back to what is before you and to what is you. Know yourself.

4. Go outside, often as possible. It doesn't matter if Downtown, the park, your porch, or nature. just go outside.

5. Dress as well as you can.

6. Exercise imagination and creativity.

7. Inform yourself with science including psychology.

8. Learn mindfulness which includes learning to let thoughts slide across your mind, you are just an observer, they don't define reality, thoughts can be changed.

9. Exercise.

For me being a sorceror is merging yourself back into reality. You don't need robes, you don't need to buy anything, you only need your mind and a willingness to improve yourself as if you were a machine, to become more efficient.

Some are far too concerned in telling us what things are not instead of simply telling us what things are and allowing others to share their views on the topic.

The criticism and obsession with delineating fiction from reality is an unnecessary lesson. Many can enjoy both fantasy and realistic expressions while also differentiating between the two without negativity.

We can also allow others to enjoy fantasy if that is the sum of their experience. No need to be harsh, to claim we have to agree on certain terms, or have to share the same experiences, all that goes against: know thyself, but veers into know what "we all agree upon" since only that can be reality, which is not true, that is just one paradigm and not the only one either.

Edited by The world needs you
  • Like 2

You shall not PASS :santa:

• Like 1

Thanks, he knows what he is talking about. What wizardry is really is a form of shamanic practice. I am on this path. I don't call it Wizardry though, I call it Druidry. Hail and welcome to the Path, Lostsouls.

• Like 2

I like this part, "A wizard is a person who has a wise head and a wise heart".

I have to agree that searching for knowledge is the way to enlightenment. Some of the other stuff though, I'm not so sure about....kinda reminds me of the 'hippie stuff' from the 1960s!

• Like 1

Bless my stoner hippie heart. New age can be part of it, but you have to kind of sort it out, but that is part of the process. Some of it can be things we just don't understand, like my roommate reads cards. He tells you rather specific things and they happen. I don't understand it. He lays out the cards and says the cards tell a story and he just reads the story. He has done mine twice and nailed it both times. He said I was going to get some money I wasn't expecting. Within a week I inherited some money I didn't know about. The other was more personal and I'm not going into it. Then I watched him do a friend within a week everything he said was going to happen happened. I have seen people like that before, I had a aunt who could do it.

There are a lot of things I tap into I don't know why it works but it works. All I can say is the Universe is an unfolding mystery and some day, if we humans last long enough I think we will figure it out.

I think John really gets it.

Bless my stoner hippie heart. New age can be part of it, but you have to kind of sort it out, but that is part of the process. Some of it can be things we just don't understand, like my roommate reads cards. He tells you rather specific things and they happen. I don't understand it. He lays out the cards and says the cards tell a story and he just reads the story. He has done mine twice and nailed it both times. He said I was going to get some money I wasn't expecting. Within a week I inherited some money I didn't know about. The other was more personal and I'm not going into it. Then I watched him do a friend within a week everything he said was going to happen happened. I have seen people like that before, I had a aunt who could do it.

There are a lot of things I tap into I don't know why it works but it works. All I can say is the Universe is an unfolding mystery and some day, if we humans last long enough I think we will figure it out.

[media=]

[/media]

Some people are born with or learn to develop a type of gift or talent, it's really not magical once they understand the processes even if just partially. Life holds many miracles and I have a very deep respect for monks and shaman who are so dedicated to follow a certain path, just as I am with the modern wizard by the name of Tesla among others.

There are many paths to knowledge. The spokes of a wheel are different but they all lead to the center where there is balance and unity if you go toward the center. It's all about discovering the underlying truths without the myth and proving it to yourself by intuition and experiments.

One important thing that gets overlooked is part of the "hippy factor" which is actually expanding one's consciousness to understand the wholeness and interconnectivity of the material world to other realms or dimensions of conscious.

My idea of a real wizard is a person who balances what he knows in mimicing the natural forces and expands his conscious mind to become one with the nature behind created forces. So he is a natural scientist as well as a philosopher of the truths behind his discoveries. You have to be both open minded but sceptical of the real reasons for the causes behind all effects to find the ultimate truth.

Hope that helps your hippy heart :)

• Like 3

This topic has come up before. This was my view then:

Some are far too concerned in telling us what things are not instead of simply telling us what things are and allowing others to share their views on the topic.

The criticism and obsession with delineating fiction from reality is an unnecessary lesson. Many can enjoy both fantasy and realistic expressions while also differentiating between the two without negativity.

We can also allow others to enjoy fantasy if that is the sum of their experience. No need to be harsh, to claim we have to agree on certain terms, or have to share the same experiences, all that goes against: know thyself, but veers into know what "we all agree upon" since only that can be reality, which is not true, that is just one paradigm and not the only one either.

Those are some very good and wonderful rules.

It think for me I try to stay in a state of positive vibes and or use my emotions to manifest what I want. Later in his video series he talks about forms of magick. Such as Sorcery, Magick Proper, and Holy Magick.

There are more forms, but I think these are the ones he knows about most

Thanks, he knows what he is talking about. What wizardry is really is a form of shamanic practice. I am on this path. I don't call it Wizardry though, I call it Druidry. Hail and welcome to the Path, Lostsouls.

You're very welcome. He does seem to be very smart. I read some of his other works he writes and he is very wise.

I take things I learned from him and others then use my own techniques and methods and they work for me!

I am not a Druid or one path. I guess I am just an indepdent young Wizard!

I don't worship any Gods or Goddess. However I am learning to understand nature...

how certain herbs and veggies heal us and make us strong. How positive thinking and action

changes out lives. And of course manipulating the force and this reality is one of my main things I

am working on.

Above all I like to gain wisdom use it for good, and teach others what I know so

the good knowledge can spread. For knowledge is power!

and The Power is ours for the taking! blessings !

• Like 1

[media=]

[/media]

I think the dark ones who secretly try to rule and influence the planet know this.

But they don't want us to know we have unlimited potential.

They of course use the dark side... which I think it never good to use to

be in.

I think back in the days of Atlantis humans got it.. which is why they were so wise and powerful back in those times.

The dark ones? I have gone on Shaman journeys and encountered what you would call dark ones. They are not dark, most just don't like what we do to the planet that they share on another level. I have dealt with beings who don't have our best interest at heart. It is something you have to learn and understand. Sometimes what you are encountering is yourself. Read Jung. Magic itself is not dark or light it is all in how you use. If you put out negative energy that is what you get back.

Atlantis is a new age mythology. If they were all that powerful they would still be here. We are living in a golden age right now.

If you took a computer back to the time of "Atlantis" they would be astounded. Might even burn you as a witch.

The dark ones? I have gone on Shaman journeys and encountered what you would call dark ones. They are not dark, most just don't like what we do to the planet that they share on another level. I have dealt with beings who don't have our best interest at heart. It is something you have to learn and understand. Sometimes what you are encountering is yourself. Read Jung. Magic itself is not dark or light it is all in how you use. If you put out negative energy that is what you get back.

Atlantis is a new age mythology. If they were all that powerful they would still be here. We are living in a golden age right now.

If you took a computer back to the time of "Atlantis" they would be astounded. Might even burn you as a witch.

Greetings! What I mean by dark ones

are people or groups who contact evil demons , entities etc

and conspire against their fellow man.

Are those the same ones beings you have seen?

As far as I know the evil beings just hate humans

and probably even the ones who serve them.

What is Jung??? I want to read it.

You are right..you cast out evil it comes back.

That's why I try to only thing..., sing,, write postive... as much as I can.

And manifest good things in my life.

Try to spread knowledge help others etc.

I just learn more as I go. I'm still learning everyday, but

one thing the guy in the video said..

if you seek to have power in this life.. when no one else has powers.

that you become very unhappy?

what do you think of that statement?

That's interesting... you say it could be we see ourselves.

That's one thing I read about. We all have a shadow self.. some hide it,

some embrace. And me I just use it for my art and poetry.

Of course when people let anger and hate take over the shadow does evil things..

that's where we get all the killers, black magickans, child molesters from.

They are very negative.. people with anger, hate...

their shadow self consumed them i believe.

Edited by LostSouls7

*Snip*

I feel much more powerful when I drink beer.

I do come up with great ideas and concepts.. that much is certain! lol

But the affects on my health.. are not so wise..

so as a Wizard.. i struggle to find balance in the force of being buzzed. :)

Edited by Still Waters
Quoted post removed

Oh you mean fools and idiots, I got one who lives across the street. He does some kind of Cuban Voodoo, I don't remember what he calls it. His kid came to me for help. I told the kid he gets to pick his nursing home. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes when that kid grows up.

Are those the same ones beings you have seen?

As far as I know the evil beings just hate humans

and probably even the ones who serve them.

No, when you do Shaman journeys you encounter beings on the other side (dimension), who are for one reason or another don't like us or want to use you. When I do that I have a protector spirit who goes with me. I have learned to be careful of where I go and what I deal with. One time there was some beings binding someone. They ask for my help, I don't know what they were doing, so I just said no and stopped the meditation. They scared me so bad I didn't do it again until I had help from someone more experienced.

What is Jung??? I want to read it.

Carl Jung he was a psychologist

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Jung

You are right..you cast out evil it comes back.

That's why I try to only thing..., sing,, write postive... as much as I can.

And manifest good things in my life.

Try to spread knowledge help others etc.

I do energy work it not evil or good. Energy is everywhere at once so if you are sending out something to cause harm what you are sending out you get back. If you are sending something positive like healing you get it back. It can get sticky you might think you are doing good only to find you have altered someones path in away that doesn't help but hurts them. Ask first, then ask for what is best for that person or you to happen. When my mother was dieing I didn't ask my friends to heal her because it would prolong her suffering. They ask for her passing to be easy. If someone pushes me enough, I won't care what comes back on me and will put out a hurt and just take the hit. I am I being evil, it is subjective.

I just learn more as I go. I'm still learning everyday, but

one thing the guy in the video said..

if you seek to have power in this life.. when no one else has powers.

that you become very unhappy?

what do you think of that statement?

Maybe, I do magic as a hobby. Power is an ego trap, it can get you in trouble.

"Let the earth bound man be handsome and powerful and rich, and so apt to this world that he may rule the entire human race still there is no envying him, the fool of such lures." Plotinus

That's interesting... you say it could be we see ourselves.

That's one thing I read about. We all have a shadow self.. some hide it,

some embrace. And me I just use it for my art and poetry.

Of course when people let anger and hate take over the shadow does evil things..

that's where we get all the killers, black magickans, child molesters from.

They are very negative.. people with anger, hate...

their shadow self consumed them i believe.

Life isn't that black and white. Your shadow self is what makes you strong to stand in the face of adversity. Human beings are complex creatures. Any number of things can cause people to do harmful, hateful things. Sometime it just comes down to a wonky brain. My Druid teacher told me when you open the door you best be able to get what comes through back in. Never leave the door open you don't know what might come through.

I think it is cool you use poetry, song and art, that is a good start. In Druid circles you would be called a Bard.

This guy is my favorite Bard. My protector spirit is a Selkie.

Edited by Darkwind

To be clear, one who contacts "evil demons" is not necessarily evil and conspiring against anyone else. Some people believe in balance between good and evil, light and dark etc. What I am talking about is that the use of dark energy in itself is not necessarily an evil thing. What makes the dark energy an evil thing is when it is used in an evil way. I can tell you right now that there are some who do use dark energies to do good things, and others who don't. The bottom line is, it is all about the "wizard" behind the energy, not the energy itself.

• Like 1

Everyone will define good and evil, dark and light differently, but that is just dualism and dualism is an illusion in my view. We are both and can use both types of energies while doing magic or not. Neutral energy is exists too. Balance is key but that does not mean they are measured the same on the scales or have a consistent weight. Consider me gray.

• Like 1

Magic is intent, in order to work magic consistently one must live a mindful and intentional life. Learn all of the ancient lore that is available. Study the herbs and plants. Understand the workings of nature and her creatures. Endeavor to learn from many paths, from them take the laws and practices that speak to your soul.

And when you have done all of this, then you can start practicing to be a wizard. Why do you think they are all shown as greybeards?

• Like 2

Learning from many paths is advisable and incorporating what most speaks to you.

Nature is awesome. Magic can also use urban energies and take urban forms. While being drawn to both there is no doubt I belong in the city.

I prefer simple backyard magic or in my room. Of course walking or cycling through park trails or down the block can be an opportunity to experience flow. Trees and bodies of water are also special in a different way than crossroads or buildings are to me.

Instead of taking anyone's word of what magic is and cannot be just find what works for you.

• Like 1

Everyone will define good and evil, dark and light differently, but that is just dualism and dualism is an illusion. We are both and always use both types of energies while doing magic or not. Balance is key but that does not mean they are measured the same on the scales or have a consistent weight. Consider me gray.

I disagree, in my opinion we are neither light nor dark energy, we are raw energy. We do use both light and dark energies in many things we do, but I also disagree with saying that we always use both types.

Raw energy is not something of the light or the dark, it is just something that is itself. We as humans seems to be this raw energy, we can be influenced by other types... but we are our own form of energy by nature. When you shake your legs out of comfort, this is your using of raw energy to comfort yourself. This is not an inherently light or dark energy being used. This form of energy is highly volatile, and even small amounts of light or dark energies can heavily influence raw energy. Take that leg shaking thing for example... Now the person sitting next to you is annoying you so you decide to shake your legs harder to annoy them back... Next thing you know you would be shaking your legs as to physically contact them... and that mother****er better not say anything 'cause i'll tell him off!

In the end it truly is about one's perception, what energies he uses, and what his intentions are.

Some people even believe there is no greater evil than a human determined to harm others... ;)

Edited by xFelix
  • Like 1

Agreed and edited before you posted to remove the "always" reference and include neutral energy.

Also agreeing with in the end it is about our perceptions and intentions as well.

As an aside paths like Wicca which claim to be all light and doing no wrong seem very meh to me.

As an aside, paths like Wicca which claim to be all light and doing no wrong seem very meh to me.

Not all wiccans make such a claim..mostly just the fluffy-bunnies that spout that sort of trash.

Wiccans, as I recall, seem to hold the idea that energy is to be used and channeled. It is the intent that makes it 'good' or 'bad'.

• Like 1

Not all wiccans make such a claim..mostly just the fluffy-bunnies that spout that sort of trash.

Wiccans, as I recall, seem to hold the idea that energy is to be used and channeled. It is the intent that makes it 'good' or 'bad'.

So not all Wiccans follow the Wiccan Rede?

So not all Wiccans follow the Wiccan Rede?

Nope.

Much the same as not all x following their own beliefs...

Fill in x with any other faith, group, race, or culture and remarkably the statement stays true... This is because there are always bad apples, people who interpret beliefs, people who seek to cause drama, people who want to be different.. all sorts of reasoning behind this...

• Like 1