Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did most dinosaurs have feathers ?

Saru

Get used to it. Yutyrannus huali was discovered in China a few months ago.

120404-LidaDino-BANNER.jpg

Oh, ha, I apologize! I didn't notice!

No worries, I'm just ribbing.

We've only gottenso far with coloration, I wonder if there were dinosaurs as vibrantly plumed as some of our modern day birds.

Just to nip this off, dinosaurs didn't live in the sea, those were marine reptiles. While they were almost exclusively warm blooded and gave live birth, they did not have feathers.

they were also cooler and scarier than their land dwelling cousins. Just saying.

Edited by ShadowSot

We've only gottenso far with coloration, I wonder if there were dinosaurs as vibrantly plumed as some of our modern day birds.

Just to nip this off, dinosaurs didn't live in the sea, those were marine reptiles. While they were almost exclusively warm blooded and gave live birth, they did not have feathers.

they were also cooler and scarier than their land dwelling cousins. Just saying.

Indeed.

I look forward to the next major full-body colouration determination they do. Archaeopteryx has always been one of my favorite dinosaurs, ever since I was young, and I always pictured it being vibrant; almost like a quetzal or something... this year they had to break it to me that it basically looked like a crow. I still love it.

Archaeopteryx_black_NT.jpg

Hey, I like how crows look. Even had a semi- tame one at the shop that'd pick up food left for it.

Besides, they travel with Odin. Anything with that company's alright in my book.

Hey, I like how crows look. Even had a semi- tame one at the shop that'd pick up food left for it.

Besides, they travel with Odin. Anything with that company's alright in my book.

Hear hear!

This calls for a Jurassic Park remake

After reading through this thread, I think a remake of The Birds might be more fitting...

Wow, good info ShadowSot . First i've heard about the warm blooded marine reptiles . Makes me think.. 'warmer seas'. (thanks for the dino feather info too)

Hey, my Huginn and Muninn are not common crows. They're Ravens. :D

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

At the cellular level, feathers and scales are indistinguishable from each other. Like the rhino horn being made of the same proteins as hair, you can get a very different result depending on Momma nature cooking in her kitchen.