Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 11 votes

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

• Please log in to reply
1248 replies to this topic

#121    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,276 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

View PostVicshousLove, on 28 February 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

What's a Hypnic jerk?
When you twitch while sleeping.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#122    VicshousLove

VicshousLove

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:59 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 28 February 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

When you twitch while sleeping.

haha yeah i finally looked it up. i get that alot too.

#123    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

• “Truth is an experience not a belief"

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

Astral Collective Consciousness project.

This is mainly aimed as an exercise for the Astral dreamers/projectors and those in any stage of development. I was trying to think of something that could help give a focal point, purpose and intent for projection. I feel some of you are struggling to know what to do with this exactly.

I was thinking of my own most profound experiences on the astral level to date, particularly the ones which got me started and opened my eyes and mind to how the astral levels work. I have seen other communities do this and thought why not try this here.  What I propose is each and every person who wants to give this a try, has to agree to let go of all beliefs, expectations, techniques pertaining to astral projection, put everything aside to focus on one thing only.

What is in your consciousness memories of Atlantis?

We have all heard the stories and we all know of the attempts to find physical evidence of the old continent. But this exercise isn’t about any of that. We are not doing this to debate the existence of. This is purely an exercise in learning how to use and connect to a collective consciousness or “the great library”, because this is what partially defines and creates astral experiences for so many.

There is a part of our consciousness that already knows how to do this, and deep within holds memories of what our collective consciousness has ever experienced. You already do this unconsciously when you go to sleep.  So what we are trying to do here is move away from the self-centred approach. IE put aside whatever reasons you have for your personal desire and gains in gaining astral projection skills, and change it to making this a goal, a mission of what you can recall and bring back to tell us about, right here, on this thread, about what you find out or recall about Atlantis.  

Now on the Astral level there are various sites which contain ‘libraries and records’, you may have heard of them as called the Akashic  records. See link - http://en.wikipedia....Akashic_records

There is actually a host of names for them, and this is part of what exists on the astral levels.  This is going to open your mind up to learning how the astral realms work, and how you can learn about things, yourself, the universe while projected, because remember time and consciousness works differently there. It is fluid and dynamic and timelines can be simultaneously experienced.  Once this is experienced it frees your own awareness up to so much more. These libraries are not only knowledge banks which we can access, but they can help us connect to our very own records, our own soul consciousness and higher self.

Please bare in mind that I am trying to communicate this in as neutral a way as possible. You may not like or agree with the concepts/terms I am using to try and propose this with, but for this to work, you really do have to suspend all current beliefs and expectations.   So putting ego aside, if this interests you, please respond in this thread saying that you are interested to try this.

What I plan on doing is setting an initial time period of 3 weeks.  For 3 weeks I ask that those participating, organise themselves a dream journal, and that on a daily basis you record your dreams whether they relate to this exercise or not.  You are not be the judge of anything, you must try and shift your perspective throughout this for the next 6 weeks to that of a neutral observer.  

What I want everyone to then do, is record their dreams, findings, even tidbits that may come to mind when you are awake ( astral projection occurs anytime whether your asleep or not) and post them here. I  may open a special thread for this, or it will just be here. And by sharing the info, my hope is it will create a positive experience and momentum to get some of you actually projecting and interacting with mass consciousness.

Remember it doesn’t matter here what your opinions are on past life’s and what not.  It doesn’t matter if you think Atlantis is made up as this is not an exercise in proving anything. This is a task, a mission, to reach the great libraries, or your own libraries to recall what you can on the subject and time period of Atlantis. You don't think about it or try to use your linear/logical mind to ponder the point of this, you have been given a directional task, Now Just Go! - this is the kind of attitude you need to acquire to get anywhere with astral travelling. We don't sit and debate and ponder this or that before we have even experienced it, you just go and take in whatever experience is given to you. Time for reflection and discussion is later/afterwards.

Should this exercise prove successful, or least useful, we can continue with other places/times in history to go to and I think it could be interesting to see what comes out.

So who’s up for this ?

Edited by AnVil, 02 March 2012 - 04:06 AM.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#124    sonicfun1

sonicfun1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

• A star that shines twice as bright last half as long....

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:10 AM

IM DOWN !!!!!XD

#125    AstralSeeker

AstralSeeker

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:23 AM

Believe me I am deff all for it and very interested but I can't even go to my room let alone outside my body. Or at least not yet while being aware. Have been busy but I will make this an intention. Maybe with a stroke of luck I can be of help!

"I am going to have an out of body experience.
I am going to let myself go to sleep, but I am going
to bring this waking consciousness with me wherever
I go. I am going to leave my body with full awareness."

#126    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,276 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

Im in. I'll keep it in my thoughts and see where it takes me.

Edited by Seeker79, 02 March 2012 - 08:52 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#127    human_eraser

human_eraser

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:43 AM

View PostAnVil, on 01 March 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

Astral Collective Consciousness project.

This is mainly aimed as an exercise for the Astral dreamers/projectors and those in any stage of development. I was trying to think of something that could help give a focal point, purpose and intent for projection. I feel some of you are struggling to know what to do with this exactly.

I was thinking of my own most profound experiences on the astral level to date, particularly the ones which got me started and opened my eyes and mind to how the astral levels work. I have seen other communities do this and thought why not try this here.  What I propose is each and every person who wants to give this a try, has to agree to let go of all beliefs, expectations, techniques pertaining to astral projection, put everything aside to focus on one thing only.

What is in your consciousness memories of Atlantis?

We have all heard the stories and we all know of the attempts to find physical evidence of the old continent. But this exercise isn’t about any of that. We are not doing this to debate the existence of. This is purely an exercise in learning how to use and connect to a collective consciousness or “the great library”, because this is what partially defines and creates astral experiences for so many.

There is a part of our consciousness that already knows how to do this, and deep within holds memories of what our collective consciousness has ever experienced. You already do this unconsciously when you go to sleep.  So what we are trying to do here is move away from the self-centred approach. IE put aside whatever reasons you have for your personal desire and gains in gaining astral projection skills, and change it to making this a goal, a mission of what you can recall and bring back to tell us about, right here, on this thread, about what you find out or recall about Atlantis.  

Now on the Astral level there are various sites which contain ‘libraries and records’, you may have heard of them as called the Akashic  records. See link - http://en.wikipedia....Akashic_records

There is actually a host of names for them, and this is part of what exists on the astral levels.  This is going to open your mind up to learning how the astral realms work, and how you can learn about things, yourself, the universe while projected, because remember time and consciousness works differently there. It is fluid and dynamic and timelines can be simultaneously experienced.  Once this is experienced it frees your own awareness up to so much more. These libraries are not only knowledge banks which we can access, but they can help us connect to our very own records, our own soul consciousness and higher self.

Please bare in mind that I am trying to communicate this in as neutral a way as possible. You may not like or agree with the concepts/terms I am using to try and propose this with, but for this to work, you really do have to suspend all current beliefs and expectations.   So putting ego aside, if this interests you, please respond in this thread saying that you are interested to try this.

What I plan on doing is setting an initial time period of 3 weeks.  For 3 weeks I ask that those participating, organise themselves a dream journal, and that on a daily basis you record your dreams whether they relate to this exercise or not.  You are not be the judge of anything, you must try and shift your perspective throughout this for the next 6 weeks to that of a neutral observer.  

What I want everyone to then do, is record their dreams, findings, even tidbits that may come to mind when you are awake ( astral projection occurs anytime whether your asleep or not) and post them here. I  may open a special thread for this, or it will just be here. And by sharing the info, my hope is it will create a positive experience and momentum to get some of you actually projecting and interacting with mass consciousness.

Remember it doesn’t matter here what your opinions are on past life’s and what not.  It doesn’t matter if you think Atlantis is made up as this is not an exercise in proving anything. This is a task, a mission, to reach the great libraries, or your own libraries to recall what you can on the subject and time period of Atlantis. You don't think about it or try to use your linear/logical mind to ponder the point of this, you have been given a directional task, Now Just Go! - this is the kind of attitude you need to acquire to get anywhere with astral travelling. We don't sit and debate and ponder this or that before we have even experienced it, you just go and take in whatever experience is given to you. Time for reflection and discussion is later/afterwards.

Should this exercise prove successful, or least useful, we can continue with other places/times in history to go to and I think it could be interesting to see what comes out.

So who’s up for this ?

Um, okay, I guess I will do this? I don't really understand what you're doing but I'll record any dreams or weird thoughts that enter my head.

#128    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,276 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

I had very detailed dream about takeing over a restaurant. Manageing the employees, the changes I would be makeing to the menu, the excitement and fear of it. It was a dream where I was somebody else. Mabey channeling somone else's experience? Or Mabey my wife has the food channel on to much.

Nothing Atlantis related yet.... I did have another short dream ascending into very misty mountains picking my way through rocks and such.

Edited by Seeker79, 05 March 2012 - 03:45 PM.

Bruce Lee-

#129    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

Hey everyone,

Okay, so we have:

Sonicfun1
AstralSeeker
Seeker79
human_eraser

I was thinking a good time to start would be this Sat 10th of March. This would give you time to prepare, get a dream journal started, and any research you may want to do about Atlantis to ease you into the scene.

Now for the instructions.

I would like to suggest a short daily meditation where by you are simply stating to yourself this before each sleep or meditation. Infact write this down on a piece of paper and put it under your pillow or by your bed side table.

"Take me to my consciousness memories and the collective libraries of Atlantis on a level I can consciously recall and process"  

*It's important to state ....on a level I can consciously recall and process as you are telling your subconscious to connect to the more conscious part of your consciousness in a form which you can handle.*

From then on,  just go to sleep/meditate and allow what will to happen. For those of you who know your guides or have a sense of them. Ask them to work with you on this. And for everyone ask your higher self to work with you too.

Just remember that you approaching this from the neutral observe point of view. You are not judging anything. You must try and stay in that mindset when you are experiencing as well recording anything to post in your journal or here. Do not question or doubt what you experience. Do not allow your mind to question whether you are projecting (if you happen to feel things/cues) try ignore the urge to do that and simply stay connected to the goal of receiving the 'records' from the libraries/collective consciousness. How you experience or see this is completely unique to you. So don't introduce questions or doubts over, how the libraries should look etc. Some people may experience them as books, some may experience them as a guided tour, with own guide on board. Some may experience them as vortex of energy they step into, some may experience simply being there in Alantis like an event, memory, dream, scene, sceniro. Some may experience having a dream of being someone else completely who was there, but seeing the experience from their perspective.

Ok, so The time for reflection will come afterwards and by being able to reflect on the material posted from everyone dreams here as a group, this will help to build momentum and nudge everyone to stay with it and see it out.

If anyone else is interested in joining in please make it known before the end of the week. This will start on Sat the 10th of March and will run until the 31st of March.

Believe me I am deff all for it and very interested but I can't even go to my room let alone outside my body. Or at least not yet while being aware. Have been busy but I will make this an intention. Maybe with a stroke of luck I can be of help!

Please do not worry about your Astral projecting skills and lack of experience. This is to give a set clear purpose and goal for projecting for which the end result will rely more on your recall abilities than anything. Practise the meditation daily and commit to your dream journal and posting here. That's all that is required other than just going to sleep and letting things happen.

I am going to open an Atlantis Astral Dream thread now for this exercise.  We can also record any ponderings that come to us about Atlantis too.

Edited by AnVil, 06 March 2012 - 08:15 PM.

*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#130    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:59 AM

The dream record/discussion thread is up now - http://www.unexplain...howtopic=223357

Posted Image

#131    sarah_444

sarah_444

Poltergeist

• 2,838 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

View PostAnVil, on 05 March 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

Hey everyone,

Okay, so we have:

Sonicfun1
AstralSeeker
Seeker79
human_eraser

I was thinking a good time to start would be this Sat 10th of March. This would give you time to prepare, get a dream journal started, and any research you may want to do about Atlantis to ease you into the scene.

Now for the instructions.u

I would like to suggest a short daily meditation where by you are simply stating to yourself this before each sleep or meditation. Infact write this down on a piece of paper and put it under your pillow or by your bed side table.

"Take me to my consciousness memories and the collective libraries of Atlantis on a level I can consciously recall and process"  

*It's important to state ....on a level I can consciously recall and process as you are telling your subconscious to connect to the more conscious part of your consciousness in a form which you can handle.*

From then on,  just go to sleep/meditate and allow what will to happen. For those of you who know your guides or have a sense of them. Ask them to work with you on this. And for everyone ask your higher self to work with you too.

Just remember that you approaching this from the neutral observe point of view. You are not judging anything. You must try and stay in that mindset when you are experiencing as well recording anything to post in your journal or here. Do not question or doubt what you experience. Do not allow your mind to question whether you are projecting (if you happen to feel things/cues) try ignore the urge to do that and simply stay connected to the goal of receiving the 'records' from the libraries/collective consciousness. How you experience or see this is completely unique to you. So don't introduce questions or doubts over, how the libraries should look etc. Some people may experience them as books, some may experience them as a guided tour, with own guide on board. Some may experience them as vortex of energy they step into, some may experience simply being there in Alantis like an event, memory, dream, scene, sceniro. Some may experience having a dream of being someone else completely who was there, but seeing the experience from their perspective.

Ok, so The time for reflection will come afterwards and by being able to reflect on the material posted from everyone dreams here as a group, this will help to build momentum and nudge everyone to stay with it and see it out.

If anyone else is interested in joining in please make it known before the end of the week. This will start on Sat the 10th of March and will run until the 31st of March.

Please do not worry about your Astral projecting skills and lack of experience. This is to give a set clear purpose and goal for projecting for which the end result will rely more on your recall abilities than anything. Practise the meditation daily and commit to your dream journal and posting here. That's all that is required other than just going to sleep and letting things happen.

I am going to open an Alantis Astral Dream thread now for this exercise.  We can also record any ponderings that come to us about Atlantis too.

Sure, i'll join in this.

#132    VicshousLove

VicshousLove

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:34 AM

Hey Anvil, I'm in. I'll start thinking akashic records and Atlantis as well as my little "I will astral project" mantra lol. I have been keeping a dream journal already so as of the 10th ill start connecting them with the idea you proposed. Let you know if anything interesting comes up.

#133    VicshousLove

VicshousLove

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:39 AM

And I **** you not, just this morning before I even read this thread my boyfriend brought up Atlantis, he was referencing the resort, but still. Nothing is coincidence ;-)

#134    sarah_444

sarah_444

Poltergeist

• 2,838 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 10 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

I experianced some of the spinning last night for the first time, but I'm pretty sure I just fell asleep.  I had some pretty vivid dreams though!

#135    VicshousLove

VicshousLove

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

View Postsarah_444, on 10 March 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

I experianced some of the spinning last night for the first time, but I'm pretty sure I just fell asleep.  I had some pretty vivid dreams though!

the spinning, so ive been told, is the energy in your body and if you can feel it, it'ws a good sign. I also had really vivid dreams when i felt the rocking/swaying motiong before falling asleep. ive only reached the vibrations once :(

Recent blog entries on this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users