Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Do Masons worship Satan?

albert pike morals and dogma lucifer satan freemasons

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16    Dr. D

Dr. D

Alien Abducter

• 5,275 posts

• I love being me even though sometimes I'm still a stranger.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:46 AM

The church has instigated some hatred of masons in Mexico and the result was the rumor that a mason had to kill a priest to become a member.

One needs only think of the Shriner's Hospital and the countless acts of charity to realize that wouldn't be in Satan's agenda (if Satan really existed).

#17    Dying Seraph

Dying Seraph

Lucifer Rising

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

• ~"Blessed are we who laugh at ourselves for we never cease to be amused!"~

~"The best way to make our dreams come true is to wake up!~"-Paul Valery

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

View PostPaul Rubino, on 04 June 2012 - 02:46 AM, said:

Do Masons worship Satan?

In a book written my a Mason named Albert Pike it says, “LUCIFER, the Light-bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darkness! Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the Light, and with its splendors intolerable blinds feeble, sensual, or selfish Souls? Doubt it not!“

Do Freemasons worship Satan?

As others have presented Lucifer is a mistranslation and most often a refference to Venus being the last planet to in a sense "defy the sun" Lucifer is a poor translation of Helel ben sahar (which has origins in Caananite mythology which the Hebrews embraced). So do Masons worship Helel ben Sahar or a mistranslated word? Even more aggregious is connecting Satan with Lucifer.

So which is it? Do they worship Satan or Lucifer?

SINcerely,
:devil:

"The angel of self-deceit is camped in the souls of the "Righteous"--The eternal flame of power through joy dwellith within the flesh of the Satanist!"--Anton Szandor LaVey

"Tis' true my form is something odd but blaming me is blaming God. Could I create myself anew, I would not fail in pleasing you. If I could reach from pole to pole or grasp the ocean with a span, I would be measured by the soul. The mind's the standard of the man."--Isaac Watts

#18    Dying Seraph

Dying Seraph

Lucifer Rising

• 1,424 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

View Postpallidin, on 04 June 2012 - 04:29 AM, said:

An interesting question. But having known for some time a good friend who was a Mason ( he's dead now ) my take on it is of a "ritualistic gentelmens club" of sorts, engaged mostly in business matters and helping people through charity.
Never sensed any sort of "Satanism" in him.

IF and a big if indeed, IF Masons do not worship Satan or Lucifer, WHY do they embrace the symbolism behind Lucifer? Was it always the case that Masons didn't beleive in such? Or was the mythology banished over time but the starters of the Masons embrace Lucifer? It seems odd to say, "Oh no we do not worship Satan or Lucifer, but we have all this dogma and symbolism of these creatures we do not embrace." It makes no sense to me to embrace symbolism only for it to not mean anything other then a gentlemans club. I'm inclined to believe you are correct in that this is the common thought of Masons. It just seems odd that a gentlemans club would choose Lucifer as symolibm and not buy into any of it instead of being atheistic or not needing such symbols.  And I am also inclined to beleive that much like the Helfire Club's of England, the Masons were originally have much darker origins than just to gather and have a good ol time.

SINcerely,

"The angel of self-deceit is camped in the souls of the "Righteous"--The eternal flame of power through joy dwellith within the flesh of the Satanist!"--Anton Szandor LaVey

"Tis' true my form is something odd but blaming me is blaming God. Could I create myself anew, I would not fail in pleasing you. If I could reach from pole to pole or grasp the ocean with a span, I would be measured by the soul. The mind's the standard of the man."--Isaac Watts

#19    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

They tend to vote Tory, it's pretty much the same as worshiping Satan.

#20    stargazer123

stargazer123

Psychic Spy

• 1,401 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

My father is a Mason and the answer to your question is no, Masons do not worship Satan. People have all these misconceptions about Masons it's so funny to hear some of this stuff but I can tell you that you would be thoroughly disappointed. yes they have little rituals like college students but really it is just boyscouts for men and they raise a lot of money for community causes. No i have not seen my father making sacrifices and dancing with a hoodie on worshipping Satan. Too funny.

"I am an arms dealer fitting you with weapons in the form of words and don't really care, which side wins as long as the room keeps singing that's just the business I'm in.This ain't a scene, it's a god damn arms race" Fall Out Boys
"Holes in our spirit causin' tears and fears One-sided stories for years and years and years I'm inferior? Whose inferior? Yeah, we need to check the interior Of the system, who cares about only one culture And that is why We gotta take the power back" Rage against the Machine

#21    stargazer123

stargazer123

Psychic Spy

• 1,401 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostDying Seraph, on 27 August 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

IF and a big if indeed, IF Masons do not worship Satan or Lucifer, WHY do they embrace the symbolism behind Lucifer? Was it always the case that Masons didn't beleive in such? Or was the mythology banished over time but the starters of the Masons embrace Lucifer? It seems odd to say, "Oh no we do not worship Satan or Lucifer, but we have all this dogma and symbolism of these creatures we do not embrace." It makes no sense to me to embrace symbolism only for it to not mean anything other then a gentlemans club. I'm inclined to believe you are correct in that this is the common thought of Masons. It just seems odd that a gentlemans club would choose Lucifer as symolibm and not buy into any of it instead of being atheistic or not needing such symbols.  And I am also inclined to beleive that much like the Helfire Club's of England, the Masons were originally have much darker origins than just to gather and have a good ol time.

SINcerely,

Seraph, I'm inclined to say that human beings need symbolism and ritual whether it involves religion or not. How I see it is most people are materialistic and creatures of habit. We form daily rituals that attach to many things and so it isn't far off to think that little clubs do their own rituals,

"I am an arms dealer fitting you with weapons in the form of words and don't really care, which side wins as long as the room keeps singing that's just the business I'm in.This ain't a scene, it's a god damn arms race" Fall Out Boys
"Holes in our spirit causin' tears and fears One-sided stories for years and years and years I'm inferior? Whose inferior? Yeah, we need to check the interior Of the system, who cares about only one culture And that is why We gotta take the power back" Rage against the Machine

#22    Dying Seraph

Dying Seraph

Lucifer Rising

• 1,424 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

View Poststargazer123, on 27 August 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Seraph, I'm inclined to say that human beings need symbolism and ritual whether it involves religion or not. How I see it is most people are materialistic and creatures of habit. We form daily rituals that attach to many things and so it isn't far off to think that little clubs do their own rituals,

Then why would they embrace the spirtual symbolism of such entities if they thought such and went about daily routine type rituals? Again for example the Hellfire Club embracing Satan in their club and if the tale is true using their founding members [reserved head as a baphomet,  While you are certainly correct and don't dispute many organizations back then up to now participate in rituals etc. without being religious or even politicallymotivated for that matter. However what is odd is that many organizations choose such infernal candidates to embrace early on is all I am saying and it leads to wondering what faounding members really beleived and to what degree.

SINcerely,

Edited by Dying Seraph, 27 August 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#23    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 04 June 2012 - 03:25 AM, said:

I think my grandfather would be insulted to know people believe he was a Satanist.

Mine too. He's a very devout Christian man.

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#24    rashore

rashore

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,143 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

Do the Masons as a collective worship Satan? I don't think so. To my understanding they aren't really a house of faith, so they don't really worship anyone.
Are there people that worship Satan or are Satanists or however you want to call it, and also happen to be a Mason too? Probably. Again to my understanding there are people of all sorts of different faiths that are also Masons.

#25    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:19 PM

View PostDying Seraph, on 27 August 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

SINcerely,

The entry requirements of Freemasonary require a belief that the universe was created by a God.

You start by using Geometry on the books of different faiths and gradually as you progress through the degrees you reach the realisation that all faiths are the worship of the same God (all good and evil gods). Who is God?

'I am' lol

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 27 August 2012 - 06:20 PM.

#26    stargazer123

stargazer123

Psychic Spy

• 1,401 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

View PostDying Seraph, on 27 August 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

Then why would they embrace the spirtual symbolism of such entities if they thought such and went about daily routine type rituals? Again for example the Hellfire Club embracing Satan in their club and if the tale is true using their founding members [reserved head as a baphomet,  While you are certainly correct and don't dispute many organizations back then up to now participate in rituals etc. without being religious or even politicallymotivated for that matter. However what is odd is that many organizations choose such infernal candidates to embrace early on is all I am saying and it leads to wondering what faounding members really beleived and to what degree.

SINcerely,

seraph they have little ceremonies to induct people blah blah blah but not rituals in the sense you are thinking.i just spoke with my father who wanted to say that there are Masons who are Jewish, Christian, Msulim etc however there are no Atheists nor Satanists. Mason's believe in a higher power they refer to as the grand geomatrician or the grand arcitechict. They believe one must be of a certain character and hold themselves in a good moral sranding with himself and the community.  perhaps there are outside groups that do different things but there are also extreme groups within religion and so on. i can tell you the Masons my father belongs to do not partake in worshipping, in fact they do not discuss religion or politics. It is basically boyscouts for men as I said earlier...I don't really see much difference with a moose lodge or something of that nature.

#27    Dying Seraph

Dying Seraph

Lucifer Rising

• 1,424 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

View Poststargazer123, on 27 August 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

seraph they have little ceremonies to induct people blah blah blah but not rituals in the sense you are thinking.i just spoke with my father who wanted to say that there are Masons who are Jewish, Christian, Msulim etc however there are no Atheists nor Satanists. Mason's believe in a higher power they refer to as the grand geomatrician or the grand arcitechict. They believe one must be of a certain character and hold themselves in a good moral sranding with himself and the community.  perhaps there are outside groups that do different things but there are also extreme groups within religion and so on. i can tell you the Masons my father belongs to do not partake in worshipping, in fact they do not discuss religion or politics. It is basically boyscouts for men as I said earlier...I don't really see much difference with a moose lodge or something of that nature.

Greetings Stargazer. Forgive me but I feel you are missunderstanding me. It's likely a fault of mine somewhere so will do my best to clarify.
I am aware that Masonry holds ceremonies, and am well aware that Maonry consists of various religions denominations. My point is what was Masonry founded on? The practices and rituals held by members when they started Free Masonry not what it is today. Tht includes your dad and other members Dads as they are currently or formerly members now, they remain very, VERY new to an old organization. I agree with everything you said. However I think you seem to beleive I suspect Masonry is rampant with Satanism. That is not the case. I am curious though how organizations that state they don't worship Satan embrace Baphomet insignia and others that are of a left hand path opposite to God. Maybe yuor Daddy didn't participate and maybe the organization isn't what it was (as it certainly isn't). Our founding fathers appear to have held many revolutionary "Satanic" (individualistic=selfish) concepts. ANd as ANton LaVey quipped. Had people been more aware of our great thinkers like Ben Franklin our UNited states would've possibly been called the United States of Satan. And again I ask, if Masonry has NO TIES to Satanism, why Baphomet and Satanic insignia instead of crosses everywhere? Because possibly the origins of Masonry are darker then the rosey God loving members of today instead of the revilutionary deists ofthe past?

SINcerely,

EDIT: GOD awful spelling.

Edited by Dying Seraph, 27 August 2012 - 08:43 PM.

#28    stargazer123

stargazer123

Psychic Spy

• 1,401 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:58 AM

View PostDying Seraph, on 27 August 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

Greetings Stargazer. Forgive me but I feel you are missunderstanding me. It's likely a fault of mine somewhere so will do my best to clarify.
I am aware that Masonry holds ceremonies, and am well aware that Maonry consists of various religions denominations. My point is what was Masonry founded on? The practices and rituals held by members when they started Free Masonry not what it is today. Tht includes your dad and other members Dads as they are currently or formerly members now, they remain very, VERY new to an old organization. I agree with everything you said. However I think you seem to beleive I suspect Masonry is rampant with Satanism. That is not the case. I am curious though how organizations that state they don't worship Satan embrace Baphomet insignia and others that are of a left hand path opposite to God. Maybe yuor Daddy didn't participate and maybe the organization isn't what it was (as it certainly isn't). Our founding fathers appear to have held many revolutionary "Satanic" (individualistic=selfish) concepts. ANd as ANton LaVey quipped. Had people been more aware of our great thinkers like Ben Franklin our UNited states would've possibly been called the United States of Satan. And again I ask, if Masonry has NO TIES to Satanism, why Baphomet and Satanic insignia instead of crosses everywhere? Because possibly the origins of Masonry are darker then the rosey God loving members of today instead of the revilutionary deists ofthe past?

SINcerely,

EDIT: GOD awful spelling.

Well i believe I did misunderstand you Seraph. My father is unaware of any symbol they used being tied to Satanism. he said they use many symbols, Masonary is based on symbols and goes back to King Solomon. I'm not knowledgeable in this but personally I am aware that many groups over many times in history have taken symbols and used it for some other other meaning like the Swatika for example. everyone relates that to hitler yet the symbol had an earlier meaning.

#29    Rob Awesome

Rob Awesome

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

• If we don't have an apocolypse soon I'll have to find work

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:46 AM

All my experience with Masons has lead me to the impression that they are semi-exclusionary, usually well-off, old farts generally worshiping business and boredom.

The "mean to"s make an unhappy one

#30    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Knight of Sarcasm

• 8,751 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:57 AM

View PostRob Awesome, on 28 August 2012 - 01:46 AM, said:

All my experience with Masons has lead me to the impression that they are semi-exclusionary, usually well-off, old farts generally worshiping business and boredom.
boredom you say?
Where do I sign up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users