Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The hole which is shrouded in mystery

Still Waters

A water well that hit a cavern. No big deal.

It would be sooo awesome to explore a 'hole' like that!!

I think what would REALLY be interesting would be to drop some sort of light, like a flare, for example, and see how far it would go. Every method attempted was quite dull and, lets face it, stupid.

Imagine I indeed try to drop a fishing line in there. Let's imagine it reaches the bottom. And I keep dropping it, because there is no way of realising that it did. It seems that using a lightsource would be much more enlightning. This, of course, assuming that this "hole" is real.

It would be sooo awesome to explore a 'hole' like that!!

It would. It's too small to send people down there. I think the only way to figure out what it is or where it goes would be to start digging and make it bigger so they could.

• 1 month later...

My guess is this hole may reach depths as large as the trenches of the ocean the largest trench being 35,800ft deep(Mariana Trench). If that is the case then a lot more than fishing lines or ropes would be needed. I would also guess that it slopes at some point thus making it extremely dangerous to explore. There may be inside ledges to rest upon but if the decent is that long it would be better with a automatic winch to help make sure the people do not fall.

Tamsen.

To be perfectly honest, I find your comment hard to believe. Your profile states you have been a member since 4th August 07, yet you have only 6 posts. Were your other 5 posts along the same lines as this one or have you actually contributed in some way to the topics?

Everyone has to have a first post. :)

(if for some reason you have made more than 6 posts and this is purely an admin error, then please disregard what I just typed :) )

Seriously, that's your argument against him. I've been a member for almost 10 years, and yes, I do have just over 100 posts. I am on other forums, where a member may post once every few months, or even years; some people make accounts to comment but just end up lurking for a while before posting, as can be the case with Tamsen!

What do you find so mysterious about that hole? blink.gif If I'm thinking what you two are thinking. unsure.gif

At first glance, I was thinking of a much different hole. Definitely very interesting (I mean the topic, not the other hole).

• 5 weeks later...

I'm surprised we haven't digitally mapped the terrain under the trees in all our forests to great detail like they did with the Hidden City in Cent America.

I'm surprised we haven't digitally mapped the terrain under the trees in all our forests to great detail like they did with the Hidden City in Cent America.

I've never heard of the 'Hidden City', can you link to some articles about it, please & thank you?!

Red Elk (ha!) is so obviously Mel Waters. I wonder how much he's made off this little hoax. Certainly can't be much.

Ok, so it seems to be merely an old mine shaft. No biggie.

I remember seeing this on the news. They interviewed Red Elk.

What gets me is why nobody else can find it and why Red Elk won't take anyone there.

hmmmm.,..... ya think?

Am I the only one who totally thought something else when they read the thread title?

No lol I went there too.

• 4 months later...

I would love to see it. Would like to do a sonar test on it and see what happens.

• 4 weeks later...

where exactly is it? can/will anyone tell me?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Many here are mistaking this with the actual Devils Hole in Death Valley..Here is the catch to the mystery, it is in Death Valley but almost directly on the California and Nevada line in Ash Meadows National wildlife refuge. This location is where Charles Manson claimed to become possessed and received his instructions to do what he did..The mystery of Devils Hole goes back further than Manson..Many claiming it is a doorway to another dimension.. The hole has been tested again and again and never have found the bottom..You think that impossible I know..But it connects to a massive underground waterway that is rumored to connect to the Pacific ocean.. If you are able to find Devils Hole be prepared to see security that would make Area 51 envious..This is all said to protect a endangered fish that is in the water in the hole..But many surrounding springs have this same fish and no security.. Steel cages and satellite and listening devices surround the site...It is a true mystery indeed.

Edited by Starhawk

Ok, so it seems to be merely an old mine shaft. No biggie.

No,

You are wrong.. If you were to visit the actual Devils Hole you would understand how wrong you are.. The electronic security and massive steel cages blocking the entry would make Area 51 jealous..The actual Devils Hole is a true anomaly.

You probably won't get any of the posters answering you since the last post before yours was more than a year ago

If I had cancer I would love to jump into that hole! :)

Then I would see & feel the mystery.. <3 x3

The link was incorrect. Here it is:

http://mysteriousuni...e-devils-holes/

Seems that the original place for the article has moved.

Stories about bottomless pits are common. I am trying to recall one bottomless pit I visited. It turned out to be less than 20 feet deep. I'm sure that is the exception, but bottomless pits are more for marketing than anything being of any appreciably depth.

Edited by stereologist