Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What one can of Coke does to your body

Still Waters

If you really think drinking Coca-Cola is good for your health, you probably need to think again.

A new graphic compiled by The Renegade Pharmacist, a blog run by a former UK pharmacist, shows how a single can of Coke affects your body within an hour of its intake.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-3178341/What-Coca-Cola-REALLY-does-body-just-hour.html

Edited by Still Waters
Changed source link
  • Like 1

That settles it then. I'm switching to Mountain Dew.

• Like 4

That settles it then. I'm switching to Mountain Dew.

does not make much difference as far as the sugar goes...

Amazing that this toxin dark stuff is sold at every corner store and restaurant. Amazing, but not surprising.

The blog claims that one would normally throw up because of the overwhelming sweetness of the drink but only because of the phosphoric acid we can take it down as it cuts the flavour.

Whoaaaa :passifier: your body is supposed to reject it, but can't because it was engineered to negate that reflex. Yeah, I think I might be done with Coke for a long while. Some things can't be unread.

• Like 1

does not make much difference as far as the sugar goes...

There is a slight chance I was joking.
  • Like 1

I am bloody sick of people telling me what is good/bad for me, I have been a constant weight for over 50 years by eating and drinking anything that I fancy, and haven't seen a Doctor for over 10 years and that was because I broke my foot,so all these dieticians and health food crazies can , ****** the second word is Off . P.S ....I love Coca Cola , and Coffee, and Beer and a drop of Highland Mist.and If I'm gonna die its on My terms , not because some screwball tells me its bad for me. (Rant over)

• Like 2

I am bloody sick of people telling me what is good/bad for me, I have been a constant weight for over 50 years by eating and drinking anything that I fancy, and haven't seen a Doctor for over 10 years and that was because I broke my foot,so all these dieticians and health food crazies can , ****** the second word is Off . P.S ....I love Coca Cola , and Coffee, and Beer and a drop of Highland Mist.and If I'm gonna die its on My terms , not because some screwball tells me its bad for me. (Rant over)

Nobody's telling you squat. It's not like the Health Police showed up at your door and slapped a can of Coke out of your hand. You are completely free to consume what you want. Besides, it's all about your cellular age; not just what you see in the mirror.

• Like 5

It doesn't stop what they say from being true though. And just because you seem okay on the outside, doesn't mean your insides are. A study of one is no study at all.

The fact of the matter is that the high fat and sugar culture that we live in will kill millions before their time (probably even a majority of those alive right now), and it causes havoc on the health system.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

The article was removed. Anyways, I know coke isn't healthy for the body but it is refreshing.

Coke is a diuretic with a very high acid content. That's the exact opposite of refreshing. This is just your body telling you what it thinks you want to hear. It's like people claiming a cigarette calms their nerves (it does the opposite).

Want to know what is refreshing? Water. And it's glorious.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

The article was removed.

Thank you. I've found another source link and edited my OP.

I could care less, I smoke so..

I think you mean 'couldn't care less'. 'Could care less' means, well, the exact opposite of what you actually mean. (Yes, I know this term is widely used, but it's still idiotic).

• Like 3

I was in hospital with kidney stones, 1 day away from a transfer to regional hospital for surgery of manual removal . A Doc (secretly) told me to drink 6 cans of coke. I did and passed the fractured and ground up stones and avoided surgery (and that surgery is very bad for one ! ... worse than drinking the coke ), a while later it reoccured (as it does) , hit it with coke, and better ever since .

• Like 2

I was in hospital with kidney stones, 1 day away from a transfer to regional hospital for surgery of manual removal . A Doc (secretly) told me to drink 6 cans of coke. I did and passed the fractured and ground up stones and avoided surgery (and that surgery is very bad for one ! ... worse than drinking the coke ), a while later it reoccured (as it does) , hit it with coke, and better ever since .

r

Really? My mother in-law has chronic kidney stones...I might have to let her know about this little trick. Coke may be hell on your organs but it has so many other uses lol

Coke is a diuretic with a very high acid content. That's the exact opposite of refreshing. This is just your body telling you what it thinks you want to hear. It's like people claiming a cigarette calms their nerves (it does the opposite).

Want to know what is refreshing? Water. And it's glorious.

My physiology is different than most people. When I drink only water, purified or spring or tap water, my lips get dry and my eyes turn bloodshot and I actually get dehydrated quicker than if I drink a mixture such as juice or soda. And of course, alcoholic beverages dehydrate me two to three times faster than the average person, meaning I would die of alcohol poisoning if I consumed the same amount of liquor as my good friend does. Why does my body react differently to what I consume than everyone else? I don't know. I use to be able to drink quite a lot of liquor and I never got dehydrated.

r

Really? My mother in-law has chronic kidney stones...I might have to let her know about this little trick. Coke may be hell on your organs but it has so many other uses lol

hang on ..... I had to drink 6 cans of coke, ice cold, like a slushie, 1 can in 10 mins and wait 20 mins then the next one, after 6 wait 1/2 an hour then drink a can of blended asparagus.

The weird thing is, you know how some people have strange smelling urine after eating asparagus ? I never had that, since this treatment I do. Thats weird ... but who cares, I have heard of nasty probs associated with that operation !

Also, a friend got rid of his gall stones with alternating drinking olive oil apple cider vinegar and lemon juice.

on related news:

Coca-Cola caught funding scientists who deflect blame for obesity away from sugary drinks

Coca Cola is funding a new organisation that is emphasising the importance of exercise over diet to a person's health, amidst concerns by health experts that the company is trying to deflect criticism of the health effects of its products.

As reported by the New York Times, the soft drinks company is providing financial and logistical support to the Global Energy Balance Network (GEBN).

This group promotes the idea that exercise, rather than a healthy diet, is the key to health and weight loss, claims which go against the word of critics who say that Coca-Cola's sugary drinks are contributing to the global obesity and diabetes epidemics.

Read more

Lost no time, did they?

I've always heard if you pour a can of coke in the toilet it'll clean those stains right up. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I know you can pour it on a corroded car battery , it will take the corrosion ( the acid build up ) off

My little brother got addicted to coke when he was 8 , he had to be weaned off of it.

There's a lot of things thats not good for you but we still put them in our body.

Why complain about products when there are obese people, people who will not control themselves of overeating ?

It causes heart problem, high blood pressure , strokes diabetes , varicose veins . The list keeps going