Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dragons: Myth or Real?

angel d devil

Dragons: A Mythical creature or Real?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. A. Myth or real creature

• A. Myth
    • B. Real

Last February 2006 I have watched this documentary film on the Discovery Channel about the existance of dragons. The title of that episode is DRAGONS: FROM MYTH TO REALITY. it features there about the discovery of a baby dragon and its mother perfectly preserved inside a cave in europe frozen with ice together with human bodies that were burned to death. the human bodies with their clothings can be recognized that they lived around 10th-12th century AD. Scientist found out that those creatures are different from dinosaurs because they have the ability to breath fire. it was also being stated the The history of science because of the discovery. they even claimed the three types of daragons. the land dragon, the water dragon and the mountain dragon of europe. I don't know if that documentary proved that dragons are real and not a myth. And upto now i haven't heard that science already included them as part of the dinosaur family.

Edited by Magikman
  • Like 1

I would have to say that dragons are nothing but a myth as i have'nt seen any evidence to say otherwise. :hmm:

there just a result of ancient people finding dinosaur bones.

The only big dragon is Varanus komodoensis

Myth: Fire breathing dragons slayed by knights in shining armor

Real: Meat eating komodos. Bearded lizards. Water dragons

This was probably some sort of large, now extinct creature which attacked those people who had a fire going.

I believe they are real. Not sure however if they ever existed in a physical form.

this should be under cryptozooligy. anyone who thinks they are real is crazy.

Hmm I wonder why a certain somebody hasn't found this thread yet.

I believe they are real. Not sure however if they ever existed in a physical form.

Thank you for commenting and sharing some of your knowledge about dragons. But it was also mentioned in the film that the possibilities that they are real is big. How come that most people around the world tells something about them if they haven't seen any of them during the ancient time? and also why is it their concepts of the feature of the dragons are simmilar? and even in the Bible also mentioned about dragons. Saint Goerge life has something to do with the dragon and he even killed dragon in one village in England that was being disturbed by this creature. and even here in our country we have our own version of dragon and it was named LAHO by our ancestors.

Thank you for commenting and sharing some of your knowledge about dragons. But it was also mentioned in the film that the possibilities that they are real is big. How come that most people around the world tells something about them if they haven't seen any of them during the ancient time? and also why is it their concepts of the feature of the dragons are simmilar? and even in the Bible also mentioned about dragons. Saint Goerge life has something to do with the dragon and he even killed dragon in one village in England that was being disturbed by this creature. and even here in our country we have our own version of dragon and it was named LAHO by our ancestors.

At least we can come to the conclusion that they don't exist anymore.

I have heard one theory that made a lot of sense to me and that is that the dinosaurs didn't have to have died off millions of years ago all at once but instead gradually have died out with some late survivals. This could explain where the legends of DRAGONS MAY HAVE CAME FROM.

Edited by Hyperborianlama

I have heard one theory that made a lot of sense to me and that is that the dinosaurs didn't have to have died off millions of years ago all at once but instead gradually have died out with some late survivals. This could explain where the legends of DRAGONS MAY HAVE CAME FROM.

No they all died well before the evolution of humans.

The myths came from people finding dinosaur bones.

plus there is no evidence to support that theory. what nutjob white trash site did you get that idea from? :blink: its shouldn't even be called a theory but a drunken dream. <_<

plus there is no evidence to support that theory. what nutjob white trash site did you get that idea from? :blink: its shouldn't even be called a theory but a drunken dream. <_<

I'm loving your recent constructive criticism...

thank you :P really what dragons are is all the basic human fears rolled into one beast in our imagination. the first evidence of "dragons" is paintings on walls of buildings from meopotamia, long before the discovery of dinosaur fossils

Edited by speshall mareens

thank you :P really what dragons are is all the basic human fears rolled into one beast in our imagination. the first evidence of "dragons" is paintings on walls of buildings from meopotamia, long before the discovery of dinosaur fossils

We don't know when the first dino fossil was found...just the first documented one.

i know, but thats what i am saying

I voted both.

Same old reasons as stated in every other "are dragons real" thread...dinosaur bones dragged up by ignorant and ancient mankind, exaggerated upon, also dragons being physically impossible to begin with due to their body weight and wing spans etc.

The only dragons alive today are Komodo's and the cast of Desperate Housewives.

The only dragons alive today are Komodo's and the cast of Desperate Housewives.

lol :P thats good. or maby in, in, in... ok i got nothin

Would these ancient cultures have had the knowledge to reconstruct the bones of a dinosaur? Not to mention it's very rare to find an entire dinosaur fossil.

Would these ancient cultures have had the knowledge to reconstruct the bones of a dinosaur? Not to mention it's very rare to find an entire dinosaur fossil.

A skull or a gigantic leg-bone would be enough for the ignorant and imaginative.