Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Much Does Your Body Know?

Cc1

Sometimes, I feel like my body knows what it's doing. I don't know my sexual preference yet (I think I need to experiment more... *Inserts sexy wink here* *lols*). I don't know a lot. I don't know how to be a female (I was born a female), but I try! I really like dressing myself up in girly clothes and acting like the stereotypes (the good ones) are me. I just feel like my body doesn't know how to do anything but be itself. So... What does your body know?

ps: Sorry for the scattered thoughts!!!

• Like 1

No one really "knows how to be a female" - or male... There are no instruction manuals that come with a child... That's one of the things that makes life ... interesting...

Your body "knows" nothing at first... You have to train it, like you do your brain... it's called "Muscle memory"... If you do something repeatedly for long enough your body

becomes more comfortable doing it, and it becomes 'second nature", allowing you to do it seemingly without thought.. .Like the mechanics of walking, you don't think about

each and every action that you must take to take each step... you just "do it"... This is why martial artists practice seemingly endlessly... When they get in a match, and get

tired, their bodies naturally fall into the positions they are familiar with and they don't have to think, just react...

And "Being yourself" is the best thing a person can be... SO I would not worry too much about it... You'll figure it out...

• Like 1

There will come a time in your life, when you will realise whether or not you feel comfortable being a female. I can't remember the exact age when I felt comfortable with being a male, but it became fairly obvious to me when I started to take interest in the opposite sex. Although before that time, I don't think I was too bothered either way. I think it's the same with most young children, they learn from their early experiences, just like I did. :)

It would be interesting to know how old you are, and it sounds like you are youngish. If so, not to worry dear. Most things take time to develop.

As for gender identity, though I am a male in a male body (an old one at that), I have no doubt that there are many cases in which one is born with the wrong body. Genes and chromosomes and such. :yes:

we have no real control over our bodies.

what we eat is largely compulsive along with what we drink

we have no control over the function of our glands... when was the last time you slowed down your hippocampus because it was running amok?

how often do you choose to speed up the seratonin and melatonin production from your pineal gland?

and all that effort we must put in to digest meals, pump our hearts and grow our hair and fingernails while we sleep... it's exhausting ;)