Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Persia to IRAN

Persia

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Persia

• FLOMBIE

• Eldorado

• SolarPlexus

Great! I am fascinated by the Craddle of Civilization!

• 8 months later...

Alexander showed you who's boss. lol

Neah...Not so much, We have left him to play, and now what? nothing left of him and neither his people, all are gone but the Persians still surviving over here... :) .

I am no historian, but isn't this very much flawed anyway? Mesopotamia and Assyria where not Persian. Wasn't the Achaemenic Empire, founded around 550 BCE, the first Persian empire with a Persian culture?

Also, "Persia" Has been conquered many times, not only by Alexander. By the Arabs, for instance, or the Mongolians, which are also still around these days.

This video does not show a time-line from ancient Persia to Iran, but the borders of many Empires, Persian or not, ruling the area that is now known as Iran.

Edited by FLOMBIE

The Macedonians are gone? When did this happen? lol

Ever traveled there? is the issue of blood, and people there know nothing about their history, language and culture no longer looks the same, for years have colonized many times and the worst is that they have changed their religion.

So Persian culture now is the same it was about 2500 years ago?

Edited by FLOMBIE

Neah...Not so much, We have left him to play, and now what? nothing left of him.........

Nothing left of him?.....

Alexandria, Egypt

Iskandariya, Iraq

Alexandria Asiana, Iran

Alexandria in Ariana, Afghanistan

Alexandria Bucephalous, Pakistan, on the Jhelum

Alexandria of the Caucasus, Afghanistan

Alexandria on the Oxus, Afghanistan

Alexandria of the Arachosians, Afghanistan now called Kandahar

Alexandria on the Indus, Pakistan

Alexandria on the Hyphasis, Pakistan

Alexandria Eschate, "the Farthest", Tajikistan

Alinda (Caria), Alexandria on the Latmos, previously and afterward called Alinda in Caria, present-day Turkey

Cebrene, formerly Alexandria

Alexandria Troas, Turkey

Alexandria, Northern Territory

Alexandria, New South Wales

Alexandra, Victoria

Alexandria, British Columbia

Alexandria, Ontario

Point Alexandria, Ontario

Alexandria, Alabama

Alexandria, Indiana

Alexandria, Kentucky

Alexandria, Louisiana

Alexandria, Missouri

Alexandria, Minnesota

Alexandria, Nebraska

Alexandria, New Hampshire

Alexandria, New York

Alexandria Bay, New York

Alexandria, Ohio

Alexandria, Pennsylvania

Alexandria, South Dakota

Alexandria, Tennessee

Alexandria, Virginia

Alexandria County, formerly in the District of Columbia and later in Virginia

Alexandria Township, Kansas

Alexandria Township, Minnesota

Alexandria Township, New Jersey

Alexandria Township, North Dakota

West Alexandria, Ohio

Alexandria, Greece, Imathia prefecture

Alexandria, Jamaica

Alexandria, Romania

Alexandria, West Dunbartonshire, Scotland

Alexandria, Eastern Cape, South Africa

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080215213109AAB1Yff

:lol:

Edited by Eldorado

So Persian culture now is the same it was about 2500 years ago?

My culture has not changed, my ancestors have not changed their religion, I am still zZartoshti, speak the same language for over 3000 years (the same ancient language of our great Kings).

I think you're confusing me with iranian muslims and yes, they have been mixed with other races.

lol ... dear el dorado,we should drink a couple beers and talk about this B) .

:tu: Freeeee Persiaaaaaaaa!

My culture has not changed, my ancestors have not changed their religion, I am still zZartoshti, speak the same language for over 3000 years (the same ancient language of our great Kings).

I think you're confusing me with iranian muslims and yes, they have been mixed with other races.

Could you elaborate that a bit more? I find this very interesting. I do have Iranian or Persian friends, but all of them speak Farsi. One speaks Dari, too, is that the language you are referring to?

So you follow the culture of the Achaemenid Empire? Or is that also something else. Do you groom your beard like it was part of the cuture back then?

Edited by FLOMBIE

The original language (Parsi,not farsi !) is more complicated than the current language.is more Pahlavi language.Parsi has caught many words of Arabic, Turkish, Indian ,Cozac or ...the language which we (Zartoshti) speak is more complicated for the dialects that have not changed for the 3000 years.I follow the same traditions, celebrations and happy/sad days that have created our ancestors, only we do that.we have our calendar has nothing to do with other calendars.a persian calendar.

More info :

http://www.avesta.org/

http://www.sacred-texts.com/zor/index.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gathas

http://www.avesta-archive.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Persian_language

Thank you for that. :tu: I will definitely get into your links this evening.

Now if I may ask two more questions: Has this culture been given to your by your family, i.e. do you live in a Zoroastrian community, and/or were you born in Iran?

I was born in Iran-Shemiran,my family (including my parents) have worked for Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi and Reza Shah Pahlavi . we had to flee when the Islamic revolution has occurred.I do not live in a Zoroastrian community because of my job .

I thank you again for giving me some insight in your background. I am sorry you and your family had to flee your country. Hopefully you will be able to visit or even go back in the nearer future.

But was the Shah connecting his Realm to those of ancient Persia? I thought he was a Muslim, too, and that Islam was the state religion under the Shah, although other religions were not forbidden.

Are you still following the Shah's family? Would you want them to be back in power? That is what some of my friends want, even though there was a lot of oppression and torture under the Shah's reign.

-I'm still following the Pahlavi royal Family.

-I am a monarchist but I think the British or Spanish model is perfect for my country.

-I believe in a free election in Iran and in this way, people will choose their form of government and that democracy would mean total. I think that secularism is the only salvation.