Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Megalodon in captivity?

Megalodon

Hi all, i recently just found this site and enjoying reading all the interesting stuff but best of all i liked the megalodon topics started. Now back on topic, i'v been researching megalodons for just few months now but have gotten a big interest in them and came across steve altens site( hes the author who wrote the MEG series) and saw this pat of the website. After seeing the pictures and reading his story, i found it really believable, so take a look for you're self and read the in formation aswell and tell me what you think

The real tanaka institute

post-18049-1115103817_thumb.jpg

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dragonlady_mothman

• Conspiracy

• Meg_Man

• Luka the Rentboy

You found that really believable... sheesh...

Ok well if it truly was real do you not think that other Megalodon researchers would have posted it before, or that we would have heard about it by other means? It is fake as you can get... sorry... sad.giforiginal.gif

You found that really believable... sheesh...

602331[/snapback]

Tell me about it...those pictures are laughable laugh.gif

The story however, that Megalodon's may still exist, may be true IMO.

it's nearly impossible to keep a great white alive in captivity. keeping a whale sized carnivore in capivity is impossible.

Isn't that just some publicity thing to generate interest in his second meg book, The Trench ?

Anyways Welcome to UM Megalodon original.gif

Isn't that just some publicity thing to generate interest in his second meg book, The Trench ?

Anyways Welcome to UM Megalodon original.gif

602345[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that you're right about that. Anyway, it was still somewhat interesting.

Welcome to UM Megladon thumbsup.gif

Welcome onboard Megalodon. Don't be put off with negative replies or people disagreeing with your post, this is what this is all about, open discussions and listeniung to other opinions.

Edited by XSAS

Welcome to UM, I thought it was rather interesting,wish it was real I would go and see it original.gif

Thanks, it's good to be here.

But anyway i am not 100% sure of the idea, just a thought aobut if it is, laugh.gif

Edited by Megalodon

Interesting subject, though discussed before I'm afraid.

In any case, from all this theory, from every discussion I followed (and I have followed some...) the most interesting story (by far) is the story about the crayfish or lobster fishermen who lost almost all their traps and saw this monstrous creature gulping them down. Anyone of you people living close to the sea know that fishermen are known for overblowing events. But personally I don't know a single fisherman that would stay in port short of losing an arm or a leg. Fishermen are not stock brokers, if you know what I mean. And by this report, they refused to go out and fish.

Other than that, I haven't heard or read a single piece of fact that would convince me of actual existence of the species.

The site is nice but a bit ad-minded the way I see it.

Very good being back discussin megs though-keep it up!! original.gif

The very concept of a shark that large is frightening... but the thought of one living in the waters of today is laughable... Definitly, if there were something that large in the ocean, being as vast as it is, it would have been "seen" before.

As for the captivity theory, there is no way it would survive... no.gif

Welcome to the forum Megaloden,

The pics were fake, but I agree man hasn't looked at every inch of the ocean so we really don't know what could be down there.

I believe it could still be out there somewhere. Maybe it dosent grow to the size it once did? There is just so much out there undiscovered that i cannot completely rule out the survival of such a creature.

Even with its enormous size it could still hide. Very easily i might add.

I believe it could still be out there somewhere. Maybe it dosent grow to the size it once did? There is just so much out there undiscovered that i cannot completely rule out the survival of such a creature. 

Even with its enormous size it could still hide. Very easily i might add.

602492[/snapback]

maybe it just down sized and is now the great white shark yes.gif

and that picture is funny rofl.gif

innocent.gif

no cuz supositly the great white and megalodon lived at the same time, and that pic just looks fake, if there is any megalodons left alive no way in hell are they in captivity, otherwise everyone in the world would know and plus if it is still alive it must be deep under the Ocean.

well from the part i read he didnt deny nor conform that there was a meg in captivity. Ill give him that much.

Question: Why does the shark live in deep waters? Not too many creatures can withstand the extream pressure/ cold/hot habitats.

doesnt sound like there could be too much food down there?

but food will cum from above; hence quite a few deep sea creatures feed on carrion.

maybe meg feeds off giant squid and jelly fish down below? tongue.gif

suppose a squid and a meg tango and the med looses. nothing would come up to the top o at least high enough to be caught in a fishing net?

The pictures look suspicious to me. But i wont say that there is no possible way it isnt alive.

I don't think so, and that picture looks hillariously fake. x-x So says some of my classmates and myself.

suppose a squid and a meg tango and the med looses. nothing would come up to the top o at least high enough to be caught in a fishing net?

602910[/snapback]

maybe they would but other creatures down there eat up the body, or just the bodies weigh to much, like meg weighs over 30 tons supositly so ya i think it would sink tongue.gif

Edited by Conspiracy

it's a book. i read two in the series and about to start on the third. quite good, but as false as Area 51 (notice how no one can be any more sure that the government doesnt have an Area 51 than they have a meg).

the site was fun to look at though. read the books, they're cool!

602910[/snapback]

maybe they would but other creatures down there eat up the body, or just the bodies weigh to much, like meg weighs over 30 tons supositly so ya i think it would sink tongue.gif

603192[/snapback]

sharks sink when they die. i think they mention it in either Meg or The Trench, perhaps something i ran across looking up shark images online.

that's how i found those books. one website linked me to the tanaka insitute webbie and i went, "MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ!!"

it's nearly impossible to keep a great white alive in captivity. keeping a whale sized carnivore in capivity is impossible.

602342[/snapback]

i heard not long ago great whites suicide. they sense metal and electrical energy and so forth, so they bash their brains out trying to get it.

in The Trench, Angel bulldozed the gate because she was in heat. keeping a great white the size of a whale is not a smart idea, either way.