Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Else did he lie about?

ninjadude

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/03/cheney-admits-that-he-lied-about-911.html

What Else Did He Lie About?

The New York Times’ Maureen Dowd writes today:

In a documentary soon to appear on Showtime, “The World According to Dick Cheney,” [Cheney said] “I got on the telephone with the president, who was in Florida, and told him not to be at one location where we could both be taken out.” Mr. Cheney kept W. flying aimlessly in the air on 9/11 while he and Lynn left on a helicopter for a secure undisclosed location, leaving Washington in a bleak, scared silence, with no one reassuring the nation in those first terrifying hours.

I gave the instructions that we’d authorize our pilots to take it out
,”
he says, referring to the jet headed to Washington that crashed in a Pennsylvania field. He adds: “After I’d given the order, it was pretty quiet. Everybody had heard it, and it was obviously a significant moment.”

When they testified together before the 9/11 Commission, W. and Mr. Cheney
kept up a pretense
that in a previous call, the president had authorized the vice president to give a shoot-down order if needed. But the commission found “no documentary evidence for this call.”

In other words, Cheney pretended that Bush had authorized a shoot-down order, but Cheney now admits that he never did. In fact, Cheney acted as if he was the president on 9/11. *

• Like 2

When it comes to politicians (many of them anyway) it's tempting to get snarky and say "it's easier to ask, what do they NOT lie about?", but I won't say it....er....oops... :blush::w00t:

• Like 4

Sounds like the agenda is working according to plan. Nothing to see here.

• Like 2

How many did he and his administration tell in just the last week about the sky-is-falling sequester?

They are not lies. At least not in the results. There are 10's of thousands of employees being put on furlough = already. That's not a lie. It's a fact. Maybe you can live without a few months salary. Most people cannot. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/01/furlough-notices_n_2790078.html

As to whether this is an overreaction to the sequester, I can't say.

Edited by ninjadude

I can help you by saying IMO the drama is where the cuts are being made. Im seeing those hard choices and I dont see this man cares a squat about the people. Unless there illegals. No cuts in that department unless you work Border Patrol.

• Like 1

ninjadude drank all the kool-aid long ago and it made him blind. Embarrassing, really, that he is still fixated on Bush when Obama is doing all the things Bush did times two.

PS Looks like a really stupid showthat no one will watch NJ. Thanks for another worthless thread. Oh, and in case you didn't get the message, Dowd has been off her rocker for years now. One very screwed up woman.

Edited by Merc14

the people. Unless there illegals.

you're not even serious. The current administration has deported more illegals than we have in decades. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/02/05/obama-declines-to-alter-deportation-policies-in-meeting-with-immigration-advocates/The flow of illegal immigrants is negative. The border is secured. What are you whining about?

Edited by ninjadude

you're not even serious. The current administration has deported more illegals than we have in decades. http://www.washingto...tion-advocates/The flow of illegal immigrants is negative. The border is secured. What are you whining about?

The border is not secure, it is far more open than before and the illegals are leaving because the economy sucks. That is the only reason they are leaving. I guess Obama is successful in that respect. LMAO.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

The border is not secure, it is far more open than before

Please provide evidence of your assertion. Thanks.

Being Australian this doesn't register hugely for me. The way I see things, here and in any resemblant democracy, whoever is leading will do inumerous good things. They are all generally good people. They are all subject to the praise and the subsequent ridicule for being in the spotlight. The weight on my shoulders is null compared to what these people do. If I ever elevate to a position of power like this, I will fight with every ounce of my strength to do what is right.

I consider myself intelligent and logical. If my country starts going downhill, i will move to act. Whether what he said was true or not, he had to do something. We witnessed one of the most destructive acts ever committed.

To protect your brother or sister, what would you do?

• Like 1

Please provide evidence of your assertion. Thanks.

What is the point? You are oblivious. You don't want to see what is happening. Like Dowd, you are fixated on hating a man from years ago because it is easier to deal with than the fact that the guy you worship is 100 times worse. Hell, he has cards he shuffles through at night which decide which raghead gets a hellfire in teh morning. His AG said doing the same assassination in the US on US citizens is perfectly acceptable, at least until confronted. If Bush had said that you'd have lost your mind so why do you justify it now?

We can start here....and then continue with the Border patrol furloughs + pay cuts which from my understanding came out to a 40% reduction in pay for our Border patrol. Which many would classify as an essential service like firemen and policeman if nothing else for the article cited. My information about the severity of the cuts to Border Patrol came from a member of that group and whether he was angry when he said it and over exaggerated I cannot be certain. But I consider that information to be from the horses mouth so to speak until I hear otherwise.

And when asked if they were ever told to look the other way the response was no. Not in his department. A part of DHS.

(Thats called being objective ND)

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2012/10/01/porous-mexican-border-allows-alarming-trend-in-human-trafficking-into-us/

• Like 1

Anybody that did not already know that Dick & Dubya were very skilled at the art of deception just has not been paying attention for the last 10 years or so. They are professional liars, as are their counterparts in the Legislative Branch.

Anybody that did not already know that D&D are liars would probably also believe that Osama was killed at Abbottabad and buried at sea in accordance with islamist traditions. :w00t:

• Like 1

Anybody that did not already know that Dick & Dubya were very skilled at the art of deception just has not been paying attention for the last 10 years or so. They are professional liars, as are their counterparts in the Legislative Branch.

Anybody that did not already know that D&D are liars would probably also believe that Osama was killed at Abbottabad and buried at sea in accordance with islamist traditions. :w00t:

Hmm, what do you think really happened to Osama?

They are not lies. At least not in the results. There are 10's of thousands of employees being put on furlough = already. That's not a lie. It's a fact. Maybe you can live without a few months salary. Most people cannot. http://www.huffingto..._n_2790078.html

Here's 6 right here:

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2013/03/obama-administration-sequester-claims-shot-down-by-158626.html

As to the actual cuts, there is a great deal of departmental discretion on how those cuts are made and when we see memos like this being leaked:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/5/email-tells-feds-make-sequester-painful-promised/

It's clear that the goal of this Administration is to make the sequester as hard on the American people as possible - punish the serfs if you will.

As Governor Christie said last week, governors deal with these kinds of cuts all of the time. He stated that he could pull 6 of them together - 3 Dem/3 Rep - and over lunch they could figure out these cuts and no one would even know they had happened.

But then if that occurred, the Administration wouldn't get its pain and be able to blame Republicans.

• Like 2

When I first saw the title, I though "ok, what else is Obama doing?" then I looked at the author and changed that to "what is he picking on Bush for now?" But this is nothing more than a diversion from what Obama is doing. Obama is driving this nation over the cliff, and ninjadude is hung up on Bush driving it into the ditch. Actually, Bush was just unable to avoid the ditch. Frank grabbed the steering wheel and pulled it hard left.

"I gave the instructions that we'd authorize our pilots to take it out,"

And? Does it matter who gave the order? It was pretty much a given, given the situation. Both men were on the same page and that's what the President would expect from a vice President. This is a non sequitur issue. All it reveals is that the Emperor is fiddling as Rome burns.

• Like 1

They are not lies. At least not in the results. There are 10's of thousands of employees being put on furlough = already. That's not a lie. It's a fact. Maybe you can live without a few months salary. Most people cannot. http://www.huffingto..._n_2790078.html

This is what a 2% cut does to us? If that is the case, then that is proof that we are over bloated and in need of more cuts. If the President cannot find 2% in waste then he shouldn't be President. Here's a wild idea. Take the cuts from future growth. The government grows at 8% a year. Even after this cut, it is still going to grow 6%. The President has the discretion of where to make these cuts. This is basically what Clinton did in his last year to give us a budget surplus. He took the 8% future growth to balance the books. He stuck Bush with a 8% deficit right off the bat and Bush wasn't even elected yet. Please note that this surplus did nothing to effect the debt.

There is a lot of waste in government. Shutting down Whitehouse tours only gets you $18,000. And you don't have to have to let illegals go. It only costs gas to drive a bus full of illegals to the border (especially from Pinal Co.).

No…You just don't dare say because it would reveal your dishonesty.

What is the point? You are oblivious. You don't want to see what is happening. Like Dowd, you are fixated on hating a man from years ago because it is easier to deal with than the fact that the guy you worship is 100 times worse. Hell, he has cards he shuffles through at night which decide which raghead gets a hellfire in teh morning. His AG said doing the same assassination in the US on US citizens is perfectly acceptable, at least until confronted. If Bush had said that you'd have lost your mind so why do you justify it now?

You know, I do not like many of the things Obama is doing, but to accuse someone of "worshiping" him is quite, shall I say, RIDICULOUS.

Let me ask you this- What is wrong with questioning the past, questioning the Bush administration for what they did. Is it not of the utmost importance to understand HOW we came to be in a position where a man like Obama could be elected? For you know, Bush is the primary reason why Obama got elected in the first place. Don't you know this? Or are you just oblivious? Living in a fantasy world where the past means nothing and should be forgotten? Lets all just hate on the current administration and give a free pass to the last one?

Yet I bet once Obama's term is over and some other stooge is elected you will still be whining about Obama and the harm he did to our country. Then I will be one of the first to tell you to sit down, shut up, and pay attention to the current administration. Because that is EXACTLY what you are doing here. NEVER EVER should someone be criticized for questioning and digging into the past. Understanding the past is essential if you wish to understand the present, for the past gave birth to the present. So too does the present give birth to the future. I laud you ninjadude, keep questioning, keep prodding, keep wondering. Do not fall into the easy mindless trap of just hating the current leader, too easy it is to hate the current leader too easy it is to avoid the hard questions of why that leader is there to begin with.

• Like 3

I question every single administrations decisions going back to FDR to the present.So many senseless decisions have been made it is hard to believe this country still stands.

• Like 2

Here's 6 right here:

http://www.politico....-by-158626.html

As to the actual cuts, there is a great deal of departmental discretion on how those cuts are made and when we see memos like this being leaked:

http://www.washingto...inful-promised/

It's clear that the goal of this Administration is to make the sequester as hard on the American people as possible - punish the serfs if you will.

I totally agree, the administration is politicizing the sequester and is trying to put all the blame on the republicans. Their attempt at doing this is in many ways laughable.

As Governor Christie said last week, governors deal with these kinds of cuts all of the time. He stated that he could pull 6 of them together - 3 Dem/3 Rep - and over lunch they could figure out these cuts and no one would even know they had happened.

Haha, you do realize that Obama did pull in speaker Boehner and congressional leaders from both sides and they were unable to make a deal right? Governor Christie can talk all he wants but state government and federal government are two different animals, and right now our congress is pretty much incapable of doing anything for the good of the people. They are even unable to check Obama's executive power in many regards. Congress is failing the american people, and all the blame gets put on Obama. Obama definitely deserves a lot of blame, but congress deserves just as much. If it was as easy as governor Christie said, it would have been done already.

But then if that occurred, the Administration wouldn't get its pain and be able to blame Republicans.

Exactly. That is what this is all about really. The republicans deserve a lot of blame for a lot of things, but the sequester was Obama's idea, and him trying to shift blame onto republicans for it is shameful. But that is politics. I sadly would not have expected anything better.

• Like 1

I question every single administrations decisions going back to FDR to the present.So many senseless decisions have been made it is hard to believe this country still stands.

I agree.

What makes me mad is knowing just how great and flourishing America could be if all of our politicians, top to bottom, were honest and moral.

• Like 2

You know, I do not like many of the things Obama is doing, but to accuse someone of "worshiping" him is quite, shall I say, RIDICULOUS.

There's nothing wrong with most of what else you said but you are new here and jumping the gun. Worship is a perfectly acceptable description. Merc knows why he said what he said. You will find ninja to be biased to the absolute extreme.

There's nothing wrong with most of what else you said but you are new here and jumping the gun. Worship is a perfectly acceptable description. Merc knows why he said what he said. You will find ninja to be biased to the absolute extreme.

Okay I accept that I may have been jumping the gun. I have just seen this word "worship" in regards to Obama thrown out there so often by the right-wing media that I have to wonder if the word itself is being used as propaganda to make anyone who supports Obama seem to be some kind of crazy Obama cult follower nut-job.

But I do accept that some people do seem to think that the ground Obama walks on is somehow holy and some people accept everything he says, questioning nothing, and blaming everything that is wrong with the country on Bush. Perhaps ninja is one of those people. I am new here and I do not yet know the way some people lean. But thanks for the explanation I appreciate it! And I really like this site I do not mean to stir up any trouble :gun:

Okay I accept that I may have been jumping the gun. I have just seen this word "worship" in regards to Obama thrown out there so often by the right-wing media that I have to wonder if the word itself is being used as propaganda to make anyone who supports Obama seem to be some kind of crazy Obama cult follower nut-job.

But I do accept that some people do seem to think that the ground Obama walks on is somehow holy and some people accept everything he says, questioning nothing, and blaming everything that is wrong with the country on Bush. Perhaps ninja is one of those people. I am new here and I do not yet know the way some people lean. But thanks for the explanation I appreciate it! And I really like this site I do not mean to stir up any trouble :gun:

That's alright. No trouble from me. I'll probably get heat from ninja for it but that's ok. Happens all the time. I can handle it. I meddle with plenty of Obama supporters but most are reasonable and thoughtful in their opinions even if we disagree. There are a few though that are blind, unnecessarily defensive and borderline religious in their acceptance of Obama's every word and if they do admit to not liking something he has done it is always backed with Bush started it though or it's not that bad.