Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Closet Monsters

Captain Rachael

What are some names of some "Closet monsters?". The kind youd get yor parents to check the closet for when your were a kid. Anything, people?

Thankyou!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coldethyl

• BuyMeAPony

• The Carnivore

• liokee

I just know them as monsters in the closet....I never had specific names for them. They were anxieties in the Bloom County comic strips....

What are some names of some "Closet monsters?". The kind youd get yor parents to check the closet for when your were a kid. Anything, people?

Thankyou!

The bogeyman (boogeyman) is a popular 'closet monster'.

The bogeyman, also boogeyman, boogyman, or bogyman, is a legendary ghost-like monster that children often believe is real. The bogeyman has no specific appearance. He is sometimes equated with specific real-life persons, such as serial killer Albert Fish. The term bogeyman is also used metaphorically to mean a person or thing of which someone else has an irrational fear.

The commonest of childhood fears associated with the bogeyman is that of someone (usually a monster) hiding in one's room (such as behind the door or under the bed). The bogeyman is said to lurk like this and then attack the sleeper.

Sometimes parents will, as a way of controlling their children, encourage belief in a bogeyman that only preys on children who misbehave. Such bogeymen may be said to target a specific transgression — for instance, a bogeyman that persecutes children who suck their thumbs — or just general misbehaviour. Similar educational tactics apply to traditional characters such as Zwarte Piet (an assistant of Saint Nick who whips bad children).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogeyman

Vixen

Edited by Vixen

At around 4 or 5, the whole cast of muppet "monsters" were in my closet a couple times... scared the crud out of me. Had to close my closet door for a few years after that. Not all the muppets, just the monster ones. They were doing that bouncy thing like they do when they sing and dance in a monster revelry.

Wasn't a boogyman for me... was the muppets!! lol

Other then the Bogeyman I haven't really heard of any specific closet monster names.

When I was a kid I had 2 things in my closet I hated.

#1. A coconut head a relative gave me

user posted image

#2. A cymbal Monkey

user posted image

As I personally see it... .they are still 2 reasons to fear the closet even as an adult.

Edited by CosmosTheMouse

I was always terrified of the closet, but really had no specific monster or whatever in there to be scared of. The big scary for me were the long-necked birds under the bed. They would steal your covers and then come for you....

the only way there would be a monster in anyones closet would be if there was a ghost haunting it, so there really is no names for closet monsters

Closet Monsters?

user posted image

The Little Orphan Annie

by

James Whitcomb Riley

Little Orphan Annie's come to my house to stay.

To wash the cups and saucers up and brush the crumbs away.

To shoo the chickens from the porch and dust the hearth and sweep,

and make the fire and bake the bread to earn her board and keep.

While all us other children, when the supper things is done,

we sit around the kitchen fire and has the mostest fun,

a listening to the witch tales that Annie tells about

and the goblins will get ya if ya don't watch out!

Once there was a little boy who wouldn't say his prayers,

and when he went to bed at night away up stairs,

his mammy heard him holler and his daddy heard him bawl,

and when they turned the covers down,

he wasn't there at all!

They searched him in the attic room

and cubby hole and press

and even up the chimney flu and every wheres, I guess,

but all they ever found of him was just his pants and round-abouts

and the goblins will get ya if ya don't watch out!!

Once there was a little girl who always laughed and grinned

and made fun of everyone, of all her blood and kin,

and once when there was company and old folks was there,

she mocked them and she shocked them and said, she didn't care.

And just as she turned on her heels and to go and run and hide,

there was two great big black things a standing by her side.

They snatched her through the ceiling fore she knew what shes about,

and the goblins will get ya if ya don't watch out!!

When the night is dark and scary,

and the moon is full and creatures are a flying and the wind goes Whoooooooooo,

you better mind your parents and your teachers fond and dear,

and cherish them that loves ya, and dry the orphans tears

and help the poor and needy ones that cluster all about,

or the goblins will get ya if ya don't watch out!!!

Other then the Bogeyman I haven't really heard of any specific closet monster names.

When I was a kid I had 2 things in my closet I hated.

#1. A coconut head a relative gave me

user posted image

#2. A cymbal Monkey

user posted image

As I personally see it... .they are still 2 reasons to fear the closet even as an adult.

I totally agree. :yes: Those are very scary indeed.

As a kid I was more afraid of a monster climbing through my bedroom window, than I was of something crawling from the closet. Even now I have no idea why.

I used to be terrified of my wardrobe as a kid. The house was over 200 years old so no built in closets existed. I used to be terrified that the backing really led to another world where monsters lived. Now as an adult I recognise the influence of CS Lewis. To this day I sleep on the opposite side of the bed from the wardrobe and the doors must be shut before I can sleep. :blush:

On an interesting note, when I was in university I went home with my flatmate for holiday. Her family lived England. I was staying in the guest room that had an old orante wardrobe with a latch on the inside of the wardrobe. Thats right I said inside to hold the door shut. You worked it by reaching your hand round the back of the door and stretching to latch it. You can guess where this is the going. Latch it at night, and come morning both doors are wide open. Never did figure out what the problem with it was. Though my mate says its been doing that ever since she was a kid. They would put a chair up against it to keep it closed and in the morning the chair would be over and the door open.

I like how the terrifying monkey's eyes are all rolled back in his head and frightening.

Also Bloom County=greatest comic strip EVER.

They would put a chair up against it to keep it closed and in the morning the chair would be over and the door open.

That is weird.... :huh:

Also Bloom County=greatest comic strip EVER.

Agreed. I miss it muchly. :cry:

Hahaha! Lovely!

Just to clarify, I just need names. For a show I'm doing.

I was scared of Green cats. I have no idea why, but once i had this dream when i was a kid that this giant green cat came in through my window. I woke up screaming, Haha.

user posted image

:blink: "yikes!!!" *puts hands over eyes* :cry:

Edited by earthygirl04

Hahaha! Lovely!

Just to clarify, I just need names. For a show I'm doing.

Could call them "Scully, Mike, Randall..." :P:ph34r:

Edited by Celumnaz

For the record Ive always found the name Hershel to be pretty horrifying. :P

Closet Monsters?

user posted image

Those are one of the scariest Closet monsters ever!LOL

This is the scariest closet monster I know:

[attachmentid=26508]

post-16552-1151089163.jpg

Heres the scariest closet monster of them all...........you can sleep soundly though, because he will never come out of the closet to get you.[attachmentid=26510][attachmentid=26510]

post-28373-1151111092.jpg

I remember there was a case of a boy missing in his closet on beyond belief :fact or fiction.

the story waz true.

he kept telling his family of something in his closet and noone believed him one day his brother and about six other boys locked him in for about 3 or 4 mins until his mother stopped them and they opened the closet he wuz gone all that left wuz his clothes foled up neatly. there were no secret doors or anything . the closet waz very small

Heres the scariest closet monster of them all...........you can sleep soundly though, because he will never come out of the closet to get you.[attachmentid=26510][attachmentid=26510]

I'm not sleeping ever again! :cry:

Anyone from the UK aged over 20 will remember Emu, Rod Hull and his sadistic weapon of mass destruction in puppet form. Now That was scary..

I used to have visions of it under the bed ready to attack/molest, in the wardrobe/closet, even bursting through the ceiling :(

It was its eyes mostly, but also the creepy way it bent it's beak when it was about to attack.

Rod Hull was INSANE... I'm sure Emu was more than just a puppet.

http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search/images/v...86&ei=UTF-8

*Disturbed*

post-34013-1151141572.jpg