Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

sea monkeys

signman

any of you oldsters remember the ads in the comic books of yore for sea monkeys? strange that the ones I had didn't resemble the ones in the ad...believe it or not, these suckers still sell http://sea-monkeys.com

post-12656-1156552385.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Carnivore

• dani10

• Celumnaz

• Inferno_Phoenix

I always thought they actually looked like that, and when my friend said he had some I went straight over to see what kind of house they may have built.

...then I figured out that they were little specs swimming around... >.<

Are they really. They came out when?? In the 80's?? I was under 10 yrs. old so I had no idea about them. I heard they were little specs and on tv they looked like specs and I've seen the ads where they look like monkey. I thought about buying some on Ebay. :D

Are they really. They came out when?? In the 80's?? I was under 10 yrs. old so I had no idea about them. I heard they were little specs and on tv they looked like specs and I've seen the ads where they look like monkey. I thought about buying some on Ebay. :D

The 80's? Are you serious or just playing?

Try in 1962 and they're still selling nowdays.

Edited by IcarusSolo

sea monkeys are already a thread ,.. most likely a mod might merge you,..

it might even be closed . anyhow those lil guys were weird huh, i could nenver afford the maintaintence packages so mine died. :cry:

There Just shrimp... :tu:

" Sea-Monkeys® are a unique species of brine shrimp, known by the scientific name of Artemia NYOS. We not only unlocked the most elusive secrets of their life cycle, we created new formulas to keep them alive under conditions found in the average home—an accomplishment never before achieved! Finally, after years of crossbreeding, we developed a hybrid. These amazing new hybrids grow larger and live longer than any "natural" variety of brine shrimp. Resulting from the most exquisitely sophisticated “aquaculture technology”, by true pioneers in this science, only the utmost resources of a leading marine biological research center working for a span of many years has made this project a complete success. " Bahahahahah they make it sound so cool dont they ? they created a Hybrid Species !

i always thought they were seahorses or little bacteria but it was always the pictures that put me off buying them

I always wanted to get some but were afraid that if they really did look like the picture, I would get too attached to them and be really sad when they died. So I've never gotten any. Sigh.

I thought they were called "sea moneys"...had to have them so I could wake up to a jar full of cash... :ph34r: Such are the lofty thoughts of a 5 year-old... :P

If your sea monkeys were bad would you spank them?

And if your Mom caught you would she tell you to stop spanking your sea monkey?

:D

:w00t: well bananarama ding dong. that was quite amusing

sea no evil monkey hear no evilmonkey sp#$%no evil monkey speak thats right speak no evil sea monkey.

that was just too funny we know what your thinkin. :blush::whistle:

:st bye all

Abecrombie

I've had sea monkeys before. they were pretty cool and got about an inch long..... Then my neighbor came over and drank them all.

I thought they were called "sea moneys"...had to have them so I could wake up to a jar full of cash... :ph34r: Such are the lofty thoughts of a 5 year-old... :P

:w00t:

The 80's? Are you serious or just playing?

Try in 1962 and they're still selling nowdays.

Ummmm!!!! :hmm: Didn't I say 'they came out when?? In the 80's?? I was born in 1981 so I didn't know. That is why I asked. Try not to be such a smart a$$!!

And I know they still sell-that is why I said I was gonna buy some on Ebay cuz you can get the kit for between $3-$15 depending on size.

Edited by starlitkate

OMG I used to have sea monkeys! Loved them! But then they would die after 1 month or so:(

I've had sea monkeys before. they were pretty cool and got about an inch long..... Then my neighbor came over and drank them all.

Ugh. What a way to go. :blink:

I always wondered if they could play baseball, like the little booklet said <_<:wacko:^_^

I actually had a colony going for about 3 years. Many people drain the tank when they no longer see live specimens, but if you leave the tank for a week or two, more will come around from dormant eggs in the sediment.

However, since my colony continued for so long, they got pretty hideously inbred and deformed. I put the tank in the snow. :lol:

user posted image

Only three more hours, sea people. Only three more hours and you can take me away from this crappy god**** planet full of hippies.

-Cartman, South Park

:w00t::lol:

:lol::lol:

Awww angrycrustacean! What a horrible death! You should have flushed them down the toilet , that's nicer :tu: