Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

cockroach coffee?

antigravity

For years my Uncle Mike would tell the story about how at the end of a particular meeting (AA or something) he emptied out the remaining coffee and was flabbergasted to discover cockroaches at the bottom of the pot. Ironically, he would say, several people at the meeting earlier in the night had commented on how amazingly good the coffee was. Now Uncle Mike was never a serious guy, but he told this story so many times that it makes me wonder.

I didn't bother to check Snopes, but if you folks tell me that you've heard the same types of stories then I'll know my Uncle was just pulling my leg. If not, though, there could be a grain of truth to it.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• antigravity

• coldethyl

• The Carnivore

• Sogemonster

I don't really think this is a urban myth but really just some pranksters at the meeting if he's telling the truth.

it might have happened to him .

it happened to my mom , she was opening a new jar of coffee when she found a dead beetle inside of it .

Edited by fawkes2

never heard of it, *sips coffee* *crunch crunch*

:lol:

For years my Uncle Mike would tell the story about how at the end of a particular meeting (AA or something) he emptied out the remaining coffee and was flabbergasted to discover cockroaches at the bottom of the pot. Ironically, he would say, several people at the meeting earlier in the night had commented on how amazingly good the coffee was. Now Uncle Mike was never a serious guy, but he told this story so many times that it makes me wonder.

I didn't bother to check Snopes, but if you folks tell me that you've heard the same types of stories then I'll know my Uncle was just pulling my leg. If not, though, there could be a grain of truth to it.

Well not to gross anybody out but ALL the mcdonalds in ALL the milkshake machines there are cockroaches they clean out of them every week. They take out the shake mix, dump out the dead cockroaches, and then put the same shake mix right back inside.

Im sure that also goes for burger kings, white casltes, wendys, etc.

If what you say is true, Mr. Mike, then thank you. You've probably saved me from potential emotional trauma. However, if what you say isn't true, who needs milkshakes ANYWAY? Nobody, that's who. :D

Cheers. I was going to have my coffee, but now youve gone and made me sick.

mmm adds that bit of extra taste :D

But on a serious not , he was probaly pulling leg or someone got a nasty prank on the go .

Not going to look up any links because I am an avid coffee drinker and I don't want to know. :cry:

never heard of it, *sips coffee* *crunch crunch*

:w00t::lol::lol::lol: That was hilarious!

Well not to gross anybody out but ALL the mcdonalds in ALL the milkshake machines there are cockroaches they clean out of them every week. They take out the shake mix, dump out the dead cockroaches, and then put the same shake mix right back inside.

:rolleyes: That's one of the oldest legends on the books. It's not true at all.

:rolleyes: That's one of the oldest legends on the books. It's not true at all.

Indeed it is not true.

Even if it was, it'd be alright for me. There's no cockroaches around in my neck of the woods, they'd have to import them to dump them in the machine. :lol:

Even if it was, it'd be alright for me. There's no cockroaches around in my neck of the woods, they'd have to import them to dump them in the machine. :lol:

MMMMMMM...Imported cockroaches....

Sounds delicious i would seriously like some old fromented mexican cockroaches in my milkshake let alone my coffee. o man now u got me all exicted.

I've heard insects are a great source of protien, McDdonalds should advertise their ice cream shake as a protien shake.

[/quote

I have personaly found multiple coackroaches in a strawberry milkshake from McDonalds, unfourtuneatly about halfway through consuming it :w00t: puked on side of the road and never bought another shake from ANY FAST FOOD restuarant.

The only thing worse than finding a bug in your food, is finding HALF a bug in your food...

I've been a cook for 11 years now, and while we always take every precaution to make sure that food is preparred and served in a sanitary manner, sometimes factors happen beyond your control. Its really kind of scary when you are cutting lettuce and all of a sudden something comes wriggling out. Of course you throw that batch away, but you never expect to see something like that happen. One time while filleting a fish, a worm crawled out of its innards and i damn near dropped roe right there! :blink:

Sometimes its just best to close your eyes and not even think about it :no:

I understand that almost all foods contain a percentage of insect parts that get ground in to the product during the process. Apparently it would make food products too expensive to have such a high quality control that didn't allow some foreign objects to be mixed in. I'm sure that a little insect consuption never hurt anyone anyways. As I recall, there's a spider (in Brazil maybe?) that is a delicacy and has a taste that resembles peanut butter- what the hell, I'd give it a try.

I also heard that insect eggs are prevalent in tobacco. Apparently that crackling noise that you hear once in a while when you take a drag on a cigarrett is an insect egg burning up.