Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 1 votes

Carrie (2013)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

• I'm the fourth wise monkey.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

Based on the best-selling novel by Stephen King, a reimagining of the classic horror tale about Carrie White, a shy girl outcast by her peers and sheltered by her deeply religious mother, who unleashes telekinetic terror on her small town after being pushed too far at her senior prom.

Starring: Chloë Grace Moretz, Julianne Moore, Gabriella Wilde, Judy Greer, Ansel Elgort

Release Date: March 15, 2013

Check out the teaser trailer

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#2    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

I actually didn't like the original so I have hope for this

#3    with bells on

with bells on

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:51 AM

i loved the original.. sissy spacek was perfect casting.. this might be alright?..

if they can do a good job of the english language "girl with the dragon tattoo" anything is possible.. (not that the new carrie is the same peops)

Edited by with bells on, 02 November 2012 - 05:52 AM.

#4    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

Chloë Grace Moretz is a great actor, but if you've seen her in interviews, she is the complete opposite personality to Carrie White. So, I hope she can believably pull it off.

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

I almost posted this,but it looks like it sucks ,so I didn't bother .

I posted about the new SHEILD tv series too . It's in here somewhere .

Miss me?

#6    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

Chloë Grace Moretz doesnt fit the role for Carrie White. Sissy Spacek made a perfect Carrie White btw.

It looks atrocious, it looks like typical girl with psychokinetic powers goes on rampage story instead containing all the substance and all the themes of adolescence Stephen King wrote into the story.

I pass! :td:

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#7    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 03 November 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

Chloë Grace Moretz doesnt fit the role for Carrie White. Sissy Spacek made a perfect Carrie White btw.

It looks atrocious, it looks like typical girl with psychokinetic powers goes on rampage story instead containing all the substance and all the themes of adolescence Stephen King wrote into the story.

I pass! :td:

You are really picky about movies. In my three threads I've posted about movies on here, you've had a complaint about each one. And, how can you make that assumption from a teaser trailer that has one image? :huh:

#8    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

View PostBracket, on 03 November 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

You are really picky about movies. In my three threads I've posted about movies on here, you've had a complaint about each one. And, how can you make that assumption from a teaser trailer that has one image? :huh:

Past experiences of the recent surge of remakes. That has set the bar terribly low. Remakes rank as the worst movies put out in the industry these days.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#9    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 04 November 2012 - 01:24 AM, said:

Past experiences of the recent surge of remakes. That has set the bar terribly low. Remakes rank as the worst movies put out in the industry these days.

Really? Worse than movies released by Troma or Uwe Boll? :huh:

#10    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:51 AM

View PostBracket, on 04 November 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

Really? Worse than movies released by Troma or Uwe Boll? :huh:

Those can be bad indeed. But still, I am thinking this film is going to be way over the top with zero substance.

I dont think it is going to faithfully put Stephen King's story on the screen.

Are we going to truly pity Carrie White? Or is she going to be represented as just another ostracized teenage seeking revenge whose only supportive friends are a couple of emo kids or something.

#11    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 04 November 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

Those can be bad indeed. But still, I am thinking this film is going to be way over the top with zero substance.

I dont think it is going to faithfully put Stephen King's story on the screen.

Are we going to truly pity Carrie White? Or is she going to be represented as just another ostracized teenage seeking revenge whose only supportive friends are a couple of emo kids or something.

Well, the filmmakers have said that this will be more accurate to it's source material that the past two incarnations. Stephen King has also said that he likes what he sees so far.

#12    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

View PostBracket, on 04 November 2012 - 02:07 AM, said:

Well, the filmmakers have said that this will be more accurate to it's source material that the past two incarnations. Stephen King has also said that he likes what he sees so far.

Hmm.. okay, but that doesnt mean that it is going to be a good movie though. I am still doubtful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users