Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Roswell guard ordered to 'shoot to kill'

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#61    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

The reasons I can think of would be in the way they use to interstellar space travel (which is an unknown variable).

2. If you hit one satellite out there it could cause a failure that causes a crash (I believe we had a couple up in the year of Roswell) .....Just as a couple examples of HOW its possible.

#62    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,236 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 21 April 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

The reasons I can think of would be in the way they use to interstellar space travel (which is an unknown variable).

2. If you hit one satellite out there it could cause a failure that causes a crash (I believe we had a couple up in the year of Roswell) .....Just as a couple examples of HOW its possible.

I would think that a space-faring race capable of circumventing the dangers of space would be able to navigate around our satellites. Honestly, I personally do not see the crash due to mechanical failure or the like as very plausible. But that just my opinion.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#63    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,483 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 21 April 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

I would think that a space-faring race capable of circumventing the dangers of space would be able to navigate around our satellites. Honestly, I personally do not see the crash due to mechanical failure or the like as very plausible. But that just my opinion.

Cheers,
Badeskov

It would be much like a professional race car driver having an accident driving to the corner market after winning an entire racing season unscathed. It could happen but it's unlikely.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#64    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

I dont disagree but we know to little on how there travels would take place. So really theres no data to even start a hypothesis on how. I seen it like this travel from point A to B very fast. Now you would know satellite A would be at your B when you arrived. And at minimum you have a collision. We already know you cannot travel across the stars at less then light travel unless you have 100's to 1000's of years to waste each one way trip.

#65    Technocrat

Technocrat

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

• "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog." Anon.

"Art is what you can get away with." Andy Warhol.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 21 April 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

The first artificial satellite was 'Sputnik 1' and it was launched by the Russians on 4th October 1957, a good ten years after Roswell.

Posted Image

​"​A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely fool proof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams.

#66    Technocrat

Technocrat

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

• "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog." Anon.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 21 April 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

We already know you cannot travel across the stars at less then light travel unless you have 100's to 1000's of years to waste each one way trip.

We already know from Einstein's laws that it isn't possible to travel at or even near the speed of light. According to Einstein the mass of an object increases as it accelerates and at the speed of light its mass would fill the entire universe. So light speed travel in the normal sense will only ever be science fiction. It has, however, been proposed that if it were possible to compress the gravitational field in front of a craft and to expand the gravitational field behind it it would then be possible to travel through the 'fabric of space' at even faster than light speed and the time on board the craft would remain in sync with the earth. I think that will be the future of interstellar travel and is most likely the means that is used by the ETs, if they really exist!

Posted Image

​"​A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely fool proof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams.

#67    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,236 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 21 April 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

I dont disagree but we know to little on how there travels would take place. So really theres no data to even start a hypothesis on how.

Indeed we one data point to work from and that data point is us. But given the dangers and challenges facing any race crossing interstellar space, I am just hard pressed to see a mechanical failure or poor piloting causing a crash.

I seen it like this travel from point A to B very fast. Now you would know satellite A would be at your B when you arrived. And at minimum you have a collision. We already know you cannot travel across the stars at less then light travel unless you have 100's to 1000's of years to waste each one way trip.

Well, we do collision avoidance all the time in space when launching something and I am sure ET would do the same. But as pointed out in the previous post, there were no artificial satellites back in 1947.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#68    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,404 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 21 April 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

Indeed we one data point to work from and that data point is us. But given the dangers and challenges facing any race crossing interstellar space, I am just hard pressed to see a mechanical failure or poor piloting causing a crash.

Well, we do collision avoidance all the time in space when launching something and I am sure ET would do the same. But as pointed out in the previous post, there were no artificial satellites back in 1947.

Cheers,
Badeskov
Was that your Toy last month in the News Bades ? Laser guns to Drone !

This is a Work in Progress!

#69    Technocrat

Technocrat

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 21 April 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

Cheers,
Badeskov
It is my understanding from what I have read that the two flying saucers were accidentally or otherwise brought down at Roswell by the use of two high intensity radar beams which, (radar), seems to interfere with their navigation systems. Also on the night of the crash there was a very violent thunder storm which could also have been a contributing factor.

Posted Image

#70    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,483 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostMrSerendipity, on 21 April 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

It is my understanding from what I have read that the two flying saucers were accidentally or otherwise brought down at Roswell by the use of two high intensity radar beams which, (radar), seems to interfere with their navigation systems. Also on the night of the crash there was a very violent thunder storm which could also have been a contributing factor.

I think the point that badeskov is trying to make is that something as innocuous as radar and yes, even lightening, bringing down an interstellar craft would likely mean the craft itself probably would not have survived the trip here to begin with. Even our own passenger airlines get hit on average once a year by lightening and don't drop out of the sky.

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#71    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,236 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

I too have heard that, however, it is an outright silly idea to be blunt. As S2F correctly stated, space is choke full of radio emissions and cosmic radiation, some orders of magnitude more powerful than anything we could hope to create here on Earth.

So to ech S2F, if they could be brought down by radar (let alone a 1947 era radar), they wouldn't be here in the first place as they couldn't traverse interstellar space.

Cheers,
Badeskov

#72    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,236 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 21 April 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

I think the point that badeskov is trying to make is that something as innocuous as radar and yes, even lightening, bringing down an interstellar craft would likely mean the craft itself probably would not have survived the trip here to begin with. Even our own passenger airlines get hit on average once a year by lightening and don't drop out of the sky.

Been on 3 flights hit by lightening. Still here :-)

Cheers,
Badeskov

#73    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,483 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 21 April 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

Been on 3 flights hit by lightening. Still here :-)

Cheers,
Badeskov

You do something to p*** off Zeus or what? :lol:

Glad to hear that it'll take more than a few zaps to take you out, I think you might be missed around here. :tu:

#74    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

I have no idea where you read this sci-fy nonsense..... maybe you need to check your sources.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#75    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:17 PM

View Postand then, on 19 April 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

[size=4]It must have been a really valuable weather balloon :)

The operation it was likely initiating certainly was. MOGUL trains had tags on then telling people to stay away and that they  claimed flammable and or explosive substances. That got people to call the Military and they got their stuff back, instead of it decorating someones mantle.

Edited by psyche101, 21 April 2013 - 11:19 PM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users