Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hector Camacho declared brain dead

Simbi Laveau

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8662680/hector-macho-camacho-declared-brain-dead-shooting-puerto-rico

Hector Camacho ,lightweight boxing champion was shot Tuesday night . The car he was in,was riddled with bullets .

His condition was declared critical Tuesday night .

Thursday he was declared brain dead .

What to do ,has turned into an argument amongst his family .

Camacho ,who grew up in NYC spanish Harlem ,was a local hero . He won nycs golden gloves three times .

He was dubbed Macho Camacho by his fans . He always stopped and talked to fans. Even the local cops liked him .

His son ,Hector Camacho Jr ,is following in his dads boxer footsteps .

• Like 1

Have the authorities given any reason given for the shooting?... Was it a targeted 'hit' on him, or just a random act of senseless violence?..

Why does it always seem to be the good people who get hurt by these acts?...

• Like 2

Have the authorities given any reason given for the shooting?... Was it a targeted 'hit' on him, or just a random act of senseless violence?..

Why does it always seem to be the good people who get hurt by these acts?...

His friend had a couple bags of cocaine on him. I think that kinda speaks for itself.

I just recently learned that Puerto Rico can be a dangerous place. Before, I had just heard what a beautiful place it was to visit.

I just recently learned that Puerto Rico can be a dangerous place. Before, I had just heard what a beautiful place it was to visit.

Puerto Rico is beautiful ,as is the Dominican republic. It's safe as long as you aren't dealing drugs .

I hope they found the person responsible and lock him up for life.

• Like 1

I think I heard today they're taking him off life support. May God rest his soul.

• Like 2

He was flashy and cocky... but won fights. He was the new kid on the block during the ending careers of the middle weight greats roberto duran, tommy hearns, marvin hagler and sugar ray leonard. And now he's dead over some sour drug deal. Seems pointless to achieve something so awesome earlier in life to let it all blow away so easily prevented. Oh well... later Macho.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 2

The gym where he worked out here is in mourning. Sad ....all around .