Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's Up for February 2015

Waspie_Dwarf

Tonight's Sky: February 2015

Shownotes

Canis Major, the Great Dog, treks across the sky.

Credit: STScI/NASA

Source: HubbleSite - Tonight's Sky

• Like 2

Thanks Waspie, I was out looking at Comet Lovejoy a couple of weeks ago, not much to see as comets go, but only the third one I've seen in my lifetime.

I am very unlucky guy really, where i am i can't see anything and i really doubt that it's because of city light pollution only. It's terrible, even tru telescope i can only see darkness ( and yeah, i always open lens cover so that can be ruled out ).

Wonderful post. I have noticed in recent months that Oriion has changed position. I am not alone in this thinking.

http://www.thebigwobble.org/2014/12/their-sky-has-changed-inuit-elders.html

The inuits say the night sky has changed. If you don't like this link, find another. This story is all over the place.

Thanks Waspie, I was out looking at Comet Lovejoy a couple of weeks ago, not much to see as comets go, but only the third one I've seen in my lifetime.

I kept looking for it and never saw it. Had I beenn in W Kansas where light pollution is at a minimum, I am sure I could have seen it.

Fingers are frozen. Took the dog out. Sorry for the typios.

Wonderful post. I have noticed in recent months that Oriion has changed position. I am not alone in this thinking.

http://www.thebigwob...uit-elders.html

The inuits say the night sky has changed. If you don't like this link, find another. This story is all over the place.

Orion has been my guardian in the sky for decades now. I always look for it.

What's Up - February 2015

See planetary pairs grace the sky in time for Valentine’s Day and Jupiter’s moons perform a celestial ballet.

Credit: JPL/NASA

Source: NASA/JPL - Videos