Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

child abuser Reverend... just disgusting!

IhartU

Hello! I'm back!

The Reverend Mr. Lindsey, Presbyterian pastor of Medina, N.Y., has refused an the offer of release from prison on bail after a coroner's jury determined that his 3 year old son's death resulted from chastisement by the father, without calling it murder.

On June 18 the child disobeyed its stepmother's command to say its prayers. Mr. Lindsey thereupon took up a cedar shingle and beat the child for more than two hours. At the end of that time he called Mrs. Lindsey, who told him the lad was dying. And die he soon did.

Lindsey now dares not enjoy his freedom, as less prayerful people long to beat this monsterous christian into his own grave.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IhartU

• justcallmefox

• chaoszerg

• luminousphoenix

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no words for how horrid that is...

Is there a source for it?

There are no words for how horrid that is...

Is there a source for it?

I usually find the stories by looking up old newspapers, or from a series of books I have. This was in a NY newspaper.

:cry: What a sick jack a**!!! Geez I believe firmly in God but don't enforce my 3 yr. to say her prayer. How could these parents have beat this baby because of they're religious fanatic ways. This is not the love that Jesus teached us. Poor child. I wished I was there. I would have grabbed the nearest gun or fry pan and layed one right on both of them. Sorry for my tone :angry: but this makes my blood boil. That may not sound christianly about the things I just said but when it comes between the life of a child or it's abusive parent then of course I'd save the child. :cry: This child didn't deserve this. And I hope the parents does get beaten into their graves!!! Edited by starlitkate

The parents are long in their graves - the title of the thread says this took place in 1866.

As horrible it is to think that some man beat his 3 year old child to death with a board, it makes little sense to get all riled up about something that happened 140 years ago.

That's shocking and disgusting.. I just can't believe that...wait a minute! 1866? is this a joke.

^

Sad but true

Thats just the way things were.