Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Israel airstrikes in Syria (confirmed)

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#76    .AKUMA.

.AKUMA.

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

• The True Warrior Enters The Arena with all his powers
    At the Ready.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

View Postand then, on 04 February 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

Because of the historic hatred between these two groups.  Both feel entitled to the land, though the Palestinian Arabs didn't give two shakes for it before the Jews came back to live there.  Ainyway, they both want it and feel they are willing to die to get it.  That's the short answer.  The long one is that the whole situation seems supernatural in nature and it's being used to bring about a new age of this world.  Tough times before it arrives though.  Mankind is about to be taught the futility of such hate.

You obviously have very little understanding of history, if you think this "hate" is historic.

One World, One Order

The Greatest Accomplishment of the Devil, Was Convincing the world he doesn't Exist.

#77    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,834 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

View Postand then, on 04 February 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

Because of the historic hatred between these two groups.  Both feel entitled to the land, though the Palestinian Arabs didn't give two shakes for it before the Jews came back to live there.  Anyway, they both want it and feel they are willing to die to get it.  That's the short answer.  The long one is that the whole situation seems supernatural in nature and it's being used to bring about a new age of this world.  Tough times before it arrives though.  Mankind is about to be taught the futility of such hate.

I know that it happens because of the historical hatred. I mean why as in why does it have to be the case? Why can't they *both* "have" the land?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#78    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,834 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

View Post.AKUMA., on 04 February 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

You obviously have very little understanding of history, if you think this "hate" is historic.

I don't think he's wrong. I think the historic hate has led to present actions which cause more current hate.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#79    .AKUMA.

.AKUMA.

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

• The True Warrior Enters The Arena with all his powers
    At the Ready.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

View PostStellar, on 04 February 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

I don't think he's wrong. I think the historic hate has led to present actions which cause more current hate.
I was reffering to history before the existence of israel itself, the hatred spawned after.

One World, One Order

The Greatest Accomplishment of the Devil, Was Convincing the world he doesn't Exist.

#80    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,639 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

View PostStellar, on 04 February 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

I know that it happens because of the historical hatred. I mean why as in why does it have to be the case? Why can't they *both* "have" the land?
I think that they both will be forced by the international community to agree to such a sharing arrangement - especially of Jerusalem.  But as to why they won't share?  Human nature I assume.  It certainly would be a more rational way to proceed.  And I don't understand your point completely but if you mean possibly a single state then that would never be acceptable to Israel and for justified reason.  Within 2 generations or so Israel would be just another Muslim state in the region with Jews hopelessly left in the minority.  Since they are hated in the extreme this is completely unacceptable for them.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#81    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,639 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

View Post.AKUMA., on 04 February 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

I was reffering to history before the existence of israel itself, the hatred spawned after.
The hatred of the state of Israel, of course.  It could hardly be otherwise - kind of hard to hate something that hasn't been around for 2 millennia.  But if you are seriously contending that there is no long standing hatred of Muslim for Jew then I would direct your attention to the Holy Qur'an.  It's hardly a Valentine's greeting.  You obviously are speaking of the more recent history where they have gotten on for a few decades while living together in Palestine.  If you pull at the thread of that idea a bit you will find it unravels easily.  They got along because the Jews were in a more or less permanent second class condition - much the same as Palestinians in Gaza and WB today.

#82    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,511 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

View Postand then, on 04 February 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

Glad I can be of amusement for you Acidhead.  No offense taken btw.  Anytime anyone from that auspicious body of do gooders needs to see me they'll have no problem looking me up.  And I might add that I also am heartened to know that anyone would consider me an extremist when all I do is state basic biblical beliefs.  You see the faithful are told that such persecutions would come on them and would be far more than just insults from "friends" like this.  Eventually if I speak my mind about my faith I may ACTUALLY hear that knock at the door and be taken someplace "for questioning".  And while I'm sure it might be a little stressful or costly it will reassure me that I am in fact living the correct way.  Does it seem the slightest bit unfair, acidhead, that you are willing to think me somehow dangerous because of my beliefs even though it's plain for anyone who has read my thoughts for this past year that I couldn't possibly be a real threat to anyone?  Friend, I tell you that a time is coming when to do what you have just done (hopefully in jest)  will be enough to actually flag a person and single them out - just because of their faith and willingness to merely speak of it, for attention from that government you so mistrust.  It won't be funny then.  And the greatest irony of all to me is that while you'd do something like this to a Christian, you'd never dream of saying any such outlandish thing against a Muslim, for fear of being considered "hateful".   All humor aside Acid, I hope you'll consider this in the future.

These chistian-judaism biblical beliefs you interpret your own special way are encouraged in your posts. Your posts welcome war and destruction.  It's like you crave the coming of the end and a new beginning.  It's hollow.  It's empty.  It's psychotic.   That is NO different than the Islamic extremist beliefs you encourage others to fear.

Just curious....

Have you ever heard 'we become what we hate'?

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#83    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

I hope Israel wipes them off the map..

#84    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,511 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

View Postcoolguy, on 05 February 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

WOW... you're one sick individual bud.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#85    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

If israel keeps prodding and poking everyone they are going to assure themselves of total annihilation sooner or later!Their god did not come down out of the sky and save them during WW2 the US did and we have been weakening and our ties loosening.There enemies are many and they are getting backed by bigger and bigger allies themselves.I have nothing against israel but the whole we can do what we want idea is not realistic anymore.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#86    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,639 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

View Postacidhead, on 05 February 2013 - 04:38 AM, said:

These chistian-judaism biblical beliefs you interpret your own special way are encouraged in your posts. Your posts welcome war and destruction.  It's like you crave the coming of the end and a new beginning.  It's hollow.  It's empty.  It's psychotic.   That is NO different than the Islamic extremist beliefs you encourage others to fear.

Just curious....

Have you ever heard 'we become what we hate'?
I do crave the end of this horror of an existence that most humans are subjected to daily.  Just because your life may be somewhat comfy cosy at the moment doesn't change that the vast majority of humanity lives in squalor, fear and ignorance.  Equating me with those who wish for the destruction of my enemies is false but don't let that stop you from the character assassination if it's important to you - doesn't bother me Acid.  But when you make excuses for the actual behavior of violent groups and equate them with rhetoric from an opposite side then you look ridiculous.  My "interpretation" of belief is mainstream - far from being in the area of zealotry.  You refuse to comment on the important parts of what I say and instead fall back to a lame accusation that I am some threat because of my ideas.  My ideas.  In a world where we so value free speech and knowledge, surely it is not threatening to espouse one's ideas in a public forum?  Face it Acid, you are as much a zealot as the next guy, you just lay back and try to couch the attack as an intellectual exercise.

#87    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

Their god did not come down out of the sky and save them during WW2 the US did and we have been weakening and our ties loosening.There enemies are many and they are getting backed by bigger and bigger allies themselves.I have nothing against israel but the whole we can do what we want idea is not realistic anymore.

John Kerry was hired to correct this lack of bowing to our Israeli friends enough by our Muslim POTUS.

#88    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,639 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 05 February 2013 - 05:30 AM, said:

If israel keeps prodding and poking everyone they are going to assure themselves of total annihilation sooner or later!Their god did not come down out of the sky and save them during WW2 the US did and we have been weakening and our ties loosening.There enemies are many and they are getting backed by bigger and bigger allies themselves.I have nothing against israel but the whole we can do what we want idea is not realistic anymore.
I personally believe that Israel will remain forever.  I accept that that flies in the face of logic but religion is that way I guess.    The Bible says that at some point future the WHOLE world will come against them and God Himself will protect them.  I've chosen what I believe.

#89    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,639 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

View Postacidhead, on 05 February 2013 - 05:00 AM, said:

WOW... you're one sick individual bud.
Just curious - why is he sick, yet Iran's leaders get a pass when saying the same thing, artfully I will admit, but they say the same thing repeatedly.

#90    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,172 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

View Postcoolguy, on 05 February 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

you need help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users