Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel airstrikes in Syria (confirmed)

AsteroidX

Id imagine the peace talks with Hezbelloah are off the table for the moment. But Im damn naive to the politics over there.

This, combined with the possible strike in Fordow and it looks like things may be heating up big time in the region. If they were trying to sneak out chemical weapons for the hezzies then it just got very dangerous there. The world may not give two shakes of a bunny's tail whether Hezbullah hits Israel with chemicals but the day someone GASSES Jewish citizens again everyone is going to have their attention sharply refocused by Tel Aviv. Yep, dangerous.

• Like 1

Id imagine the peace talks with Hezbelloah are off the table for the moment. But Im damn naive to the politics over there.

Last I heard Hezbelloah had no interest in peace talks. The two sides have just been ignoring each other somewhat until it's time for their next dance.

Anyway Israel needs to be very, very careful here. Bad enough that they're violating another nation's airspace but Syria is a real mess right now. Though sounds like the strike was a good thing all told. Damn odd that weapons would be leaving an area gripped in a civil war.

• Like 1

Ill admit. From the days of the Gulf War 2 theres been a group of biological weapons "on the move". But itleast they havent been used over that time. Us constantly trying to destroy them isnt helping that likelihood of restraint.

Ill admit. From the days of the Gulf War 2 theres been a group of biological weapons "on the move". But itleast they havent been used over that time. Us constantly trying to destroy them isnt helping that likelihood of restraint.

The only restraint that is likely is bought by the assurance they would be quickly decimated for using them. These folks don't do kindness.

On a brighter note, though it seems that Israel was striking advanced anti aircraft missiles and anti tank missiles in that convoy, NOT chemical weapons. So that is better. Had the shipment been chemical weapons it would mean Assad was about to fall I think.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/reports-israeli-aircraft-fired-missile-along-lebanon-syria-border/2013/01/30/60fab2be-6adf-11e2-ada3-d86a4806d5ee_story.html

Again, Israel only exists because of violence. Attacking yet another nation who hasn't attacked them.

• Like 6

Again, Israel only exists because of violence. Attacking yet another nation who hasn't attacked them.

Remember back in the old days, when the country that attacked the other country was the bad guy? That was weird huh?

• Like 5

In other words, you have gobbled up islamist propaganda hook, line, and sinker. Bon appetit.

• Like 1

Israel simply wants to keep out Syrian WMDs out of the hands of Hizbollah in Lebanon.

The more the Western-supported Jihad against the Assad regime gains ground, the bigger this danger becomes, so there will be more actions like this.

Those who want to place blame need not to look further than the Obama government and other Western governments who are supporting the Muslim Brotherhood/Al Quaeda rebellion against Assad.

Edited by Zaphod222
  • Like 1

few more stories/different sources etc..

Two killed, five injured in Israeli airstrike on Syrian research center:

http://www.presstv.i...lls-2-in-syria/

Syria: IAF Struck Military Research Center Near Damascus

http://www.israelnat...49#.UQoq0fJOErh

Israel enters the civil war in Syria

http://www.haaretz.c...remium-1.500437

Syrians need to end their civil conflict, join sides, and defend themselves against Israel.

Unsure what And Then is bragging about. Thinking Israel is this big country no one can mess with or else seems brutish. As if being the biggest muscle bound bully is something to take pride in. Truth is Israel is more William Shatner, a short dude walking around with his chest puffed out.

• Like 1

Syrians need to end their civil conflict, join sides, and defend themselves against Israel.

Unsure what And Then is bragging about. Thinking Israel is this big country no one can mess with or else seems brutish. As if being the biggest muscle bound bully is something to take pride in. Truth is Israel is more William Shatner, a short dude walking around with his chest puffed out.

Israel would rip them apart, sorry

You are seriously into projection aren't you? Israel doesn't need me or anyone else to "brag" about their abilities. But if you understood me you'd know that I believe Israel is safe because God says He will keep them so. That is the beginning and end of it for me. I don't idolize Israelis nor do I think they are better than other human beings. But I do believe God chose them to be a separate nation - one to be used as an example for the rest of the world and because of that when you come against His chosen, you come against Him - in my book that's just dumb. Try to keep your dislike of Israel from tainting me so much if you can. But as far as what they can do - are you serious? They are far from being superman but I kid you not, if they ever go all out with no restraint MINUS NUKES they would absolutely trash all their neighbors in a matter of a couple of weeks, tops. They don't do it because they value life - regardless the world opinion of them. And what they want is to live in peace on their own land. And it IS their land. The deed is in the book of Genesis.

I believe Israel is safe because God says He will keep them so. That is the beginning and end of it for me. I do believe God chose them to be a separate nation - one to be used as an example for the rest of the world and because of that when you come against His chosen, you come against Him And what they want is to live in peace on their own land. And it IS their land. The deed is in the book of Genesis.

The history doesn't support this belief. The tribes that God brokered a land deal for aren't any more traceable to the people from Europe you're associating with Israel today than the indigenous people who already lived there that you support uprooting and casting out. Palestinians are the children of Jerusalem, not these white-European nationalist transplants Moreover, when looking back at historical accounts of this region, it's been one big letdown after another if we're to expect God to keep "Israel" (to you, meaning "The Jews") safe. The Roman Empire nearly exterminated the Jews numerous times. God did not keep them safe in the Biblical lands worth a damn. Most of the time, he kept them dead, approaching extinction levels. If God did such a lousy job, why should US government subsidization be expected to do any better?

So, the history and genealogy both suggest your beliefs are wrong, but what does the religion say? There too lies a problem inherent in your stated position. If it's religious belief that matters, then as a self-proclaimed Christian, how could you believe that God would grant special favors to the people who deny His only son, the Messiah?

• Like 1

You are seriously into projection aren't you? Israel doesn't need me or anyone else to "brag" about their abilities. But if you understood me you'd know that I believe Israel is safe because God says He will keep them so. That is the beginning and end of it for me. I don't idolize Israelis nor do I think they are better than other human beings. But I do believe God chose them to be a separate nation - one to be used as an example for the rest of the world and because of that when you come against His chosen, you come against Him - in my book that's just dumb. Try to keep your dislike of Israel from tainting me so much if you can. But as far as what they can do - are you serious? They are far from being superman but I kid you not, if they ever go all out with no restraint MINUS NUKES they would absolutely trash all their neighbors in a matter of a couple of weeks, tops. They don't do it because they value life - regardless the world opinion of them. And what they want is to live in peace on their own land. And it IS their land. The deed is in the book of Genesis.

You misunderstood my William Shatner reference and he really does walk like that. Thing is I am unsure if he can fight. I know Israel can. It is the attitude they have in common.

It is not as impressive as you think that Israel can destroy their neighbors. They have already began. What they lack is the ability to compromise. Any toddler can use his size to dominate other toddlers but it takes an adult to compromise.

Also your prophecy already has a fail rate. Look at Russia, oh they had a little trouble but they still stand after they treated Jews horribly.

What about Visgothic Spain? They had so many laws crafted against Jews. Oh, did God send the Muslims to take them down over it? Did God curse the Visigoths who reconquered their land back as Spaniards and still remain in power today?

Did God destroy England and France? They too persecuted Jews.

God is not going to destroy Israel's neighbors and if anything God will answer their prayers to stop Israel from causing more terror.

Also your whole view of why you support Israel is a view that has disproportionately had staying power due to America supporting them. That view, your view, is waning. And this is why people who hold your view are not going to be at the table of negotiations because wen it comes to settling peace there will be no room for Christian fundamentalist at the table since they have no real stake in the territories other than some Christian mythology.

• Like 1

Iranian media have said that Israel will face quiescence. Though I am not sure how Iran will plan out such response.

You misunderstood my William Shatner reference and he really does walk like that. Thing is I am unsure if he can fight. I know Israel can. It is the attitude they have in common.

It is not as impressive as you think that Israel can destroy their neighbors. They have already began. What they lack is the ability to compromise. Any toddler can use his size to dominate other toddlers but it takes an adult to compromise.

Also your prophecy already has a fail rate. Look at Russia, oh they had a little trouble but they still stand after they treated Jews horribly.

What about Visgothic Spain? They had so many laws crafted against Jews. Oh, did God send the Muslims to take them down over it? Did God curse the Visigoths who reconquered their land back as Spaniards and still remain in power today?

Did God destroy England and France? They too persecuted Jews.

God is not going to destroy Israel's neighbors and if anything God will answer their prayers to stop Israel from causing more terror.

Also your whole view of why you support Israel is a view that has disproportionately had staying power due to America supporting them. That view, your view, is waning. And this is why people who hold your view are not going to be at the table of negotiations because wen it comes to settling peace there will be no room for Christian fundamentalist at the table since they have no real stake in the territories other than some Christian mythology.

I accept that your opinion is as valid as my own from a secular POV. Time will tell though. And for the record, I never desired a "place at the table". I am an observer of these things. Those who have not already cast their lot as Israel haters will have an opportunity to find the truth once these things begin to happen - as you rightly point out, they will be against almost all odds when they happen. Since they will leave people thunderstruck (and a little upset in some cases :), it will be easier to point to scripture and show that indeed God IS real and so some will be saved who otherwise would not have been. But those will be few because the pride of a man keeps him from admitting when he is wrong - except in the rarest of cases. Part of the whole concept of Israel being a called out and chosen nation is just so God CAN demonstrate to an unbelieving world His power. I believe that Isaiah 17 is imminent. And Psalm 83 as well. But I am no scholar and I could be completely wrong on timing and sequence.
  • Like 1

Iranian media have said that Israel will face quiescence. Though I am not sure how Iran will plan out such response.

That word means a state of quiet. I'm not trying to insult you, I just don't understand your use of that word here. Did you mean consequences? And if so then that might be the proof that Israel DID cause an explosion at the Fordow facility. If they did, that is amazing to me.

That word means a state of quiet. I'm not trying to insult you, I just don't understand your use of that word here. Did you mean consequences? And if so then that might be the proof that Israel DID cause an explosion at the Fordow facility. If they did, that is amazing to me.

Yeah consequences, some reason it changed when i typed.

This just looks like Israel are trying other means to go to war with Iran. With Iran and Syria's mutual defence treaty, Iran are legally obligated to come to the aid of Syria. Israel would finally have the war they so desperately seek.

Can anyone think of another county that is allowed to attack another nation without UN approval and with no repercussions? Israel os a rogue state, by definition.

• Like 5

I accept that your opinion is as valid as my own from a secular POV. Time will tell though. And for the record, I never desired a "place at the table". I am an observer of these things. Those who have not already cast their lot as Israel haters will have an opportunity to find the truth once these things begin to happen - as you rightly point out, they will be against almost all odds when they happen. Since they will leave people thunderstruck (and a little upset in some cases :), it will be easier to point to scripture and show that indeed God IS real and so some will be saved who otherwise would not have been. But those will be few because the pride of a man keeps him from admitting when he is wrong - except in the rarest of cases. Part of the whole concept of Israel being a called out and chosen nation is just so God CAN demonstrate to an unbelieving world His power. I believe that Isaiah 17 is imminent. And Psalm 83 as well. But I am no scholar and I could be completely wrong on timing and sequence.

Thank you for accepting my view as valid even if you do not fully recognize it, if you did you would know I am against bullies and this is what Israel seems like to me. I know your response that they are surrounded by enemies on the edge of destruction, I disagree, but that response does not recognize a bully is a bully regardless of reasons. The way they harm others does not make me and others feel good. It is not justified. My God does not justify that.

Keep in mind even if you stated my view is a secular one, I am a Christian and worldwide I would guess that more Christians adopt the secular view, as you labeled it, and not the fundamentalist view.

You can label those who do not feel good about Israeli agression as "Israel haters" but that is not exactly accurate and a gross generalization. Some are "agression haters" period.

I used to believe in the prophecies in the same manner as you, I know your view, sadly you do not recognize mine but thanks again for at least stating it was valid even as I know the fundamentalist view is diminishing and I have no issues with further margianalizing it because our world will be more stable when it no longer has cache, soon.

For me God's awesome power is in helping others. When it is unleashed humanity is healed. This includes Palestinians and Israelis.

Your view is different and is about destruction of others.

It would seem to me that throughout the history of Christianity more Christians have seen God as a force of stablization not destruction and the the fundamnetalist view regarding prophecies is a fairly recent innovation and it won't last long. I mean Israel will have to make peace with her neighbors, nothing is going to happen horribly, and people will move on knowing prophecies as politicized and interpreted by fundamentalist were bunk.

Edited by I believe you
  • Like 2

Retaliation next? This from the BBC

"Syria has formally complained to the United Nations over a reported Israeli attack within its borders. Syria's army said Israeli jets had targeted a military research centre north-west of Damascus on Wednesday, killing two people and wounding five.

It denied reports that lorries carrying weapons bound for Lebanon were hit. Russia has called the attack unacceptable, while a Syrian official and Iranian deputy minister have suggested there could be retaliation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21281923

Bet they wont tho!

• Like 1

And it IS their land. The deed is in the book of Genesis.

Since when did a Mythical fairy tale become a legal Document..

• Like 4