Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

Dinosaur like creature

dragon dinosaur myth childhood

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#16    Randomactsofviolence

Randomactsofviolence

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:47 PM

I had a similar even happen to me when I was six. It wasnt a dragon. I was sitting in the kitchen alone my parents were asleep. We had these windows that were 4 foot wide and about 6 foot high almost from the floor to the roof. I looked out the window that was about 8 foot from me and I swear to this day that I seen a unicorn it stood about 4 foot high and its horn was about a foot long. I watched it for a while and then it took off towards a corn field by my house. I felt pritty awake and it was realistic. I live in ohio near cleveland and I dont think it was any outher animal.

Edited by Randomactsofviolence, 11 June 2012 - 07:49 PM.

#17    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,701 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

Unexplainedexplained,
How old were you?
You said it was next to a shed in your yard, so in comparison, how big was it?
Was it standing on the ground? What did it do? Did it look at you? Make a noise?
Did it resemble some cartoon or movie creature at the time? Were you playing with toy dinosaurs at the time?
Maybe if you ask yourself more questions and think objectively about it, it will become less otherworldly.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 11 June 2012 - 09:17 PM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#18    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

Don't overlook the possibility that it's an entirely false memory - that you're 'remembering' an experience you never had. This can happen easily with childhood memories; a woman I know has a clear recollection of, as a small girl, riding in the car with her parents when her mother went to the hospital to have her older sister.

#19    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:05 AM

Kids imaginations can be powerful sometimes. That's why I think it's a bit dodgy having young children as eye-witnesses in a crime, their minds can make stuff up that they totally believe is real.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#20    Unexplainedexplained

Unexplainedexplained

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

• What you don't understand, is what we don't understand, is what we do understand, is what we don't understand.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 11 June 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

Unexplainedexplained,
How old were you?
You said it was next to a shed in your yard, so in comparison, how big was it?
Was it standing on the ground? What did it do? Did it look at you? Make a noise?
Did it resemble some cartoon or movie creature at the time? Were you playing with toy dinosaurs at the time?
Maybe if you ask yourself more questions and think objectively about it, it will become less otherworldly.
I was about 6, It was about 2 car lengths and 2 cars high, and the tail was long about another car size.
I believe it was standing on the ground, I wasn't quite paying to much attention to what it was doing, just that fact that it was there and that it stared at me. And yes it did make a noise it was just a huge breath. I've thought about it a lot. I actually live about an hour away from Cleveland as well. I still feel like it was a real experience but a false pretense. If that makes sense.

#21    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,701 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

View PostUnexplainedexplained, on 12 June 2012 - 08:24 AM, said:

I was about 6, It was about 2 car lengths and 2 cars high, and the tail was long about another car size.
I believe it was standing on the ground, I wasn't quite paying to much attention to what it was doing, just that fact that it was there and that it stared at me. And yes it did make a noise it was just a huge breath. I've thought about it a lot. I actually live about an hour away from Cleveland as well. I still feel like it was a real experience but a false pretense. If that makes sense.

Wow! Pretty huge then.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#22    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,766 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

In one of his 'Discworld' books (I can't remember which), Terry Prachett postulates the theory that as the human race began to lose its innocence, creatures such as dragons, unicorns, elves and fairies forsook the real world and took refuge in a safe place - people's minds! So you never know!

Posted Image

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#23    gnostic-deity

gnostic-deity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

• We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another. -Luciano de Crescenzo

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

i believe you. i saw a unicorn out in a field once when i was maybe 8 or 9. Now, i was pretty sure they werent real creatures (but i so wanted them to be) until i saw it. i still remember it. plain as day.  there is still magic in this world. we just forget about it as we grow up. thankfully, ive never forgotten :D

oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive

#24    Grimm24

Grimm24

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

• The World is Indeed Comic but the Joke is on Mankind - H.P. Lovecraft

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

i can remember this one time when I was a kid I was 10 and I was in my room with all the lights off but I remember I could see the light from the moon outside lighting up the branches on my blinds. For some reason I could have sworn the shape of a head moved past my window, really fast and then it came back and just stayed there like it was staring through my blinds.
Then the shape of the head started to rotate like the head was turning around like it was trying to see into my room then all of a suddenly it just vanishes.

EXODUS-INSANUS-NOCTURNAS

#25    Randomactsofviolence

Randomactsofviolence

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

View Postgnostic-deity, on 12 June 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

i believe you. i saw a unicorn out in a field once when i was maybe 8 or 9. Now, i was pretty sure they werent real creatures (but i so wanted them to be) until i saw it. i still remember it. plain as day.  there is still magic in this world. we just forget about it as we grow up. thankfully, ive never forgotten :D
Your the first person that ive come into contact with that has had a similar experience.  Mabe there are still things that arent discovered. The platapus was discovered in the late 90s early 2000s. Imagine what the people thout when that was discovered.

#26    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:53 PM

View PostRandomactsofviolence, on 12 June 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

Your the first person that ive come into contact with that has had a similar experience.  Mabe there are still things that arent discovered. The platapus was discovered in the late 90s early 2000s. Imagine what the people thout when that was discovered.

WHAT!! More like late 1790s , That's something you could have easily checked before posting it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platypus

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#27    Erudite Celt

Erudite Celt

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

View PostUnexplainedexplained, on 10 June 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

Hello everyone, I just started this account to specifically get some enlightenment on something that has been a bother in my head for awhile.
When I was young I was playing outside like most children do, and by one of my sheds I seen a huge blue dinosaur looking creature. Being so young I was scared of the creature and ran to my mother. When I told her there was a dinosaur, of course she thought it was just childs play. When I returned to go investigate the creature, it was gone.

After the experience I felt like I was in a dream like state of mind, but I know for fact that I was awake during the encounter. I live in a suburban area and there would absolutely no way that I would be able to be the only one to see such a creature. Sadly, I was. I have no proof except for the memory burnt into my brain. Curious of what it could be I came to a friend who happened to be a wiccan, she gave me a book complete about dragons. After reading the first 20 pages of the book, it told me that dragons have the ability to travel through dimensions and often only reveal themselves to children. I'm still skeptical to this day, but it could be possible. I would like to hear some feed back about this, negative or positive. Thanks.
I know how you feel. I had a very similar experience as a kid. We live by the sea and my dad took me a walk along the shore. One day as he was looking at ships through his binos, I saw a huge eel like creature with a head like a horse silently raise its head and huge neck out of the sea! I franticly tugged at my dads coat "dad,dad it's a monster" my dad ignored me and continued to check out the shipping. The creature began to glide through the water, it's head an neck still proud of the water until a  gull dive bombed the creature from an close by cliff! It quickly lurched forward and disappeared under the sea. My dad heard the noise and asked me what it was. I told him a monster and he laughed.

#28    Archosaur

Archosaur

Psychic Spy

• 1,006 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:05 AM

For what its worth; I once had an incredibly powerful vision of a Dragon. I knew that this was not a creature in front of me or anything like that, but the sense of a connection was overwhelming. Of course it could have all been in my head, but I think it was likely something more. Such expieriences have been reported by others over time as well.
So, it could have been your imagination, or prehaps there was something you saw in your mind for an instant.

#29    Randomactsofviolence

Randomactsofviolence

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

View PostDKO, on 12 June 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

WHAT!! More like late 1790s , That's something you could have easily checked before posting it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platypus
mabe I was a little off on the date bud regardless imagine what they thought

#30    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,123 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

View Postgnostic-deity, on 12 June 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users