Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 14 votes

A party with all the UM members.

• Please log in to reply
4157 replies to this topic

#3226    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:12 AM

View PostHazzard, on 14 October 2011 - 11:29 PM, said:

That was awesome, MID.  ^_^  Im saving this one for your safe return home party.

Posted Image

Ah, I shall await it with glee!!!!

Thanks Hazz..

Until then, It's time to party on orbit around the Moon!

Tsiolkovsky is still unbelieveable from this perspective!

Posted Image

#3227    Classified Document

Classified Document

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:38 AM

Lol.

~ Sorry ~

#3228    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,974 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:46 AM

Thanks for having me on the Flight Deck MID. You and Bade were wonderful in pointing out the landscape as we left the surface. The variations of height and the contrasts, especially in light, are extremely haunting. What a beautiful sight. You don't notice it on Earth like you do on the moon. I'm sorry to be leaving it behind but I'm sure you and Bade and D have already got a new trip agenda in the works.
Keep the drinks coming Bade. I feel lighter than air. Think I'll hit the holodeck tomorrow for an old fashion medieval festival party if anyone would like to join me or maybe a little clue type mystery solving. Haven't really gone there during the flight. The approach to Earth is something I don't want to miss either. Home is always a breathtaking sight.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#3229    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,196 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:20 AM

Im not going to get upset, Im not going to pull the E-handle ! Im not going to "PANIC"
As I walk the lower decks Looking for for Bee Im getting the feeling that something is a bit off here on Sweetie?

At last count we had the correct lift off weight,and Mid`s not gone Flat-Line drinking Badeskov`s special mixers and Tonics ,YET !
But I cannot find BEe anywhere.  I shall travel up the Deck three and locate Susieice  for a hand in locating Bee !  Whew-wee this ship seems to get larger as it accelerates to Max-V`s
My head stills is pounding from the party early tonite Mids went missing about that time too ?
If I can Im going to hack into SAL`s planet sized brain complex. I have all I need to get this done. A Straw,and can of shaken but also gently handled Red Bull, SAL`s fave- lubricant . ANd a blank 1989 Floopy Disc .

Only I have the Skills to enter her massive Brain complex without damaging my own Cortex and core ,Soul! THis has only been done once before by Comander Scott  to HAl , a 9000 unit from which SAL got here main train of thoughts !
Well Here We Go race fans off into the BReach ! :wacko:

Attached Files

• Attached File  tn.jpeg   10.05K   2 downloads

This is a Work in Progress!

#3230    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:48 PM

View Postsusieice, on 15 October 2011 - 02:46 AM, said:

Thanks for having me on the Flight Deck MID. You and Bade were wonderful in pointing out the landscape as we left the surface. The variations of height and the contrasts, especially in light, are extremely haunting. What a beautiful sight. You don't notice it on Earth like you do on the moon. I'm sorry to be leaving it behind but I'm sure you and Bade and D have already got a new trip agenda in the works.

We're pleased to have you susie!
And glad you've enjoyed the amazing scenery.
Personally, I could spend months just looking at the sights from here, like this one, our landing site, as we passed over moments ago!

Posted Image:

And the views of the stars from the 3rd deck windows on the "dark side"!!

Posted Image

And through the telescope up there!

Posted Image

Keep the drinks coming Bade. I feel lighter than air. Think I'll hit the holodeck tomorrow for an old fashion medieval festival party if anyone would like to join me or maybe a little clue type mystery solving. Haven't really gone there during the flight. The approach to Earth is something I don't want to miss either. Home is always a breathtaking sight.

Hazz said the Holodeck was programmed for you and is yours, and anyone else who's into it, all day!
Bade is fully occupied this morning with the embellishments from the bar!

This is our last day on orbit, and we are planning departure for home in approximately 9 hours (~ 18:00 PDT)
And of course, we're having a farewell party that'll last into the wee hours of Sunday.

And tomorrow afternoon is landing at Edwards!

:tu:

#3231    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:57 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 15 October 2011 - 05:20 AM, said:

Im not going to get upset, Im not going to pull the E-handle ! Im not going to "PANIC"
As I walk the lower decks Looking for for Bee Im getting the feeling that something is a bit off here on Sweetie?

At last count we had the correct lift off weight,and Mid`s not gone Flat-Line drinking Badeskov`s special mixers and Tonics ,YET !

D,
We lifted off yesterday!

Remeber this place?

Posted Image

Yep...Kepler Crater, the place you attempted to make into a lake last time?!
:w00t:

We're passing over for a fond look at that place again.  I figured since you seem to be sloshed, like so many others on board, you'd appreciate the memory, and could spend hours telling folks about trying to fill a crater with water on the Moon!

:P  :sk

#3232    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:33 PM

Could you, MID, while you are over there, get me one of those photos of the apollo hardweare the astronauts left on the moon?  :)

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#3233    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,196 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:56 PM

Wow what a night ! And were in space again !  ANd I did Fill that small crater with water Its still there,you know NASA they dont want the public to know were ahead of the curve !
And Hazzard I will bet a B.B.Q feast that the pics of the Apollo 15 sight are actually the right stuff ! We did Go to the Moon and we did build a B.B.Q  stand and fill a crater to Ski in !
So ! Anyone question our facts will just have to do the research on there own !
Dem-dare r-da-facts! :w00t:

Attached Files

#3234    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

View PostHazzard, on 15 October 2011 - 04:33 PM, said:

Could you, MID, while you are over there, get me one of those photos of the apollo hardweare the astronauts left on the moon?  :)

OK, Hazz.  Stand by one, we're lookin out the flight deck windows:

Posted Image

Sally snapped this one last orbit while we flew over Taurus Littrow: Apollo 17's site

Posted Image

#3235    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,196 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:17 PM

We love seeing the rover tracks ! I wonder if they will remember our tracks in the far future? :innocent:

#3236    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:30 PM

17:20 PDT 10-15-11

On the flight deck:

SAL:  MID, NASA Dryden is coming over for you, on the COMM...

DRYDEN:  UM PARTY 2, Nasa Dryden.
MID:  Hey, NASA, UM Party 2, what's up?
NASA:  MID, per protocols established prior to flight, we've received Sally's solution to the TEI burn, and we're reporting we concur with it, looks great, recommend maneuvering to TIG attitude by 17:45, and we'll be seeing you guys tomorrow afternoon!  Weather's  looking pretty good, high scattered to broken, winds right down 22, no weather.  We'll be expecting you at 373 decimal 15 after entry tomorrow, over.
MID:  NASA Dryden, UM party two copies all, and we'll be with you tomorrow afternoon, out.

MID:  And Sal, as usual, dead on, you can load attitude and maneuver when ready.
SAL:  OK, Darling, 1740 for maneuver to pitch 101, roll minus 22, yaw, 23.

MID:  OK...

...And everyone, you will notice shortly that our attitude is changing.  We'll be pitching up and rolling so that we're in the same relative attitude that we arrived in.  The Trans-earth burn is approximately 15 minutes away now.  We'll be burning once again at 1 g, with the load on your feet, so once again, it'll be like being back home...no big crushing load.

SAL:  Our burn will be only 4 minutes and 10 seconds long, and we'll be moving out at approximately 18,900 miles per hour when it's completed.

MID:  Our arrival at Edwards is 24 hours away, around 18:00 tomorrow, and tonight, the final party commences when the engines cut down!

Edited by MID, 15 October 2011 - 11:31 PM.

#3237    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:59 PM

1758:45

MID:  OK folks, we're heading home in less than a minute.  this'll be alot like coming out here was, normal gravity on your feet.  

SAL:  And a fairly short 2 minute 40 second burn.  We're now 10 seconds away and the thrust will build gradually, now at 15%.....25%.......40%....five seconds to 1 g....3,2,1....full thrust, 1 gee.

BADE:  We're on our way home folks, and watch out the windows...there's home coming up over the horizon on our last sunrise!

Posted Image

#3238    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:06 AM

Posted Image

And as the Moon slowly fades away...

Posted Image

We say, "LET'S PARTY"!!!!

:w00t:

#3239    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,974 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:19 AM

What a day it's been. Thanks for the use of the holodeck. I had a great time. Going down to check out what D's been whipping up and then off to see my favorite bartender. Wonder if D found Bee yet. I'll keep my eyes opened.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#3240    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,196 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:59 AM

Bee ! where are you Bee ?  I better call for help on this recovery !
"D" to Mid come in Mon-Capatian !
Can you and SAL do a scan for Bee ? Over !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users