Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vegan to mark volunteer with hot iron

Still Waters

Becky Folkard is a successful senior manager at a wealth management company. She dresses smartly and attends high-level business meetings in central London.

But on March 21, in broad daylight on a London street, grammar school-educated Becky will take hold of a specially-designed branding iron, measuring four inches across and two inches wide, and made scalding hot by a blowtorch.

Wearing a mask over her face and the over-sized apron of a slaughterhouse worker, she will then press the brand for several seconds into the bare chest of a man she met only recently over the internet, while he is restrained on the ground.

http://www.dailymail...al-cruelty.html

The public branding will be a protest against animal cruelty in the dairy industry,

So actually doing it themselves is right, even as a protest is going to make it go away? I do not think so.

in broad daylight on a London street,

How can they do this? surely the council can stop them doing it on the streets?!!!

people who care are aware of the cruelty to animals, but showing how barbaric some people are by being barbaric yourself is not what I call a good example.

I am a meat eater but against cruelty to animals, so why do these vegans think they can try and shock us with extreme sadistic things like this? if anything, this makes me less respectful towards vegans as they should respect that not all meat eaters agree with animal cruelty..

if they want do it against animal cruelty, how about do it outside a halal slaughter house? We have rules in this country against animal cruelty, pick on those who are not following them.

• Like 4

If she's that dedicated to the cause, why isn't she doing it to herself? Sounds more like a case of latent misandry with S&M overtones to me, (brought on by a lack of protein in the diet, perhaps?)

If our Creator had meant us to be Vegans, He/She/It would have given us stomachs with 4 compartments and a set of udders!

• Like 5

haha, S&M overtones......and on the streets of London! :unsure2:

• Like 1

Oh I see, it's a stunt. She sounds like one of these really strident people who are angry about everything all the time. Almost certainly a Feminist.

• Like 1

It's not gonna happen, the Bobbies will be cuffing them for attempting an act of assault before they get that far me thinks.

It's not gonna happen, the Bobbies will be cuffing them for attempting an act of assault before they get that far me thinks.

Sure do hope so, they know the date so should already be telling them "do not even think about it".

• Like 1

She thinks it's cruel to brand cattle, but has no problem doing it to a man.

Strange woman.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun
  • Like 1

Being so against animal cruelty that one is willing to commit the same cruelty to a human is a rather odd notion. In a way, if I saw something like that, it would kind of turn me off vegan entirely...

• Like 1

She thinks it's cruel to brand cattle, but has no problem doing it to a man.

Strange woman.

Slightly off-topic, but you see the same kind of weird mind-set among hunt saboteurs. Their concern for the welfare of animals doesn't stand in their way of throwing ball-bearings in front of the horses or luring hounds on to railway lines! (I've seen both over the years!)

• Like 1

Obviously they've never heard the saying "Violence begets violence". How about instead of trying to push their beliefs on others by ways of violence, they try to make people act kindly towards every living thing?

I might not be vegan anymore (or vegetarian for that matter), but I know where my dairy and eggs and meat come from. All are free range and not subjected to unnecessary pain or torture, These people need to realize that they can NOT turn the entire world vegan, they need to work on making people more aware of what they're eating.

• Like 2

I don't see her on the volunteering end. If you're truly dedicated, then you should be branded as well. But conveniently, she's doing it to someone else. And why the mask? Masks imply to me that you don't want others knowing it's you doing this bizarre act. If you're going to make a stand, do it right. Get branded yourself and don't hide behind a mask when you do it to others.