Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

psychicpowersarenice

I've experienced a variety of psychic phenomena ever since I was little. I know I am lucky, and love the experiences I've had.

As I've grown up, it seems that quite a few people who experience spiritual/otherworldly things use drugs. I believe drugs hinder a person's spiritual growth overall, so I don't use them.

I have some friends who also experience paranormal/spiritual phenomena who don't use drugs, but even so, I sometimes feel alone and wish more people didn't use them.

What advice do you have for me?

• Like 1

You answered your own question when you said you loved the experiences.

"To find yourself, think for yourself" - Socrates

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 4

64289_541467832544035_308403993_n.jpg

your world is of your own making ....

• Like 7

Sorry but I didn't quite follow that. Are you saying you feel lonely because you're having unusual experiences or because you don't take drugs?

Not everyone takes drugs. I don't use drugs. I don't even drink alcohol. Some things happen for a reason. You are gifted naturally.

Edited by Rogue Suga
  • Like 1

I just say to my kids,and grand kids use the mind god gave you don`t rely on drugs.

Edited by docyabut2

Let me clarify...I have close friends who don't use any drugs and have spiritual/paranormal experiences, and I'm really thankful for having them as friends. However, being in college, I meet a lot of interesting, nice people who have had those experiences on drugs, and they outnumber the ones who don't use them. They're not bad people, even though we have differing belief systems about drugs.

Sometimes I start to get pessimistic and feel like the majority of people who have those experiences use drugs, even though I don't really think that's true. I get lonely whenever I start thinking that there's only a minority of people who have these experiences who don't use drugs, even though deep down I know it's probably not true.

Edited by psychicpowersarenice

I advise that you stop, look and listen afore crossing the road. It could save your life.

• Like 1

I advise that you stop, look and listen afore crossing the road. It could save your life.

What? I'm not considering doing drugs lol. I will never do that.

• Like 1

What? I'm not considering doing drugs lol. I will never do that.

I know... but am getting old so I can't stop lecturing on safety! Forgive me , please. :)

• Like 2

Loneliness can affect your health and also your outlook.

Be ready to make new friends and look for them.

Open yourself up to the Universe for this.

Accept people for who they are.

Edited by The world needs you
  • Like 1

I know... but am getting old so I can't stop lecturing on safety! Forgive me , please. :)

396972_199982670099755_1771247169_n.jpg

kemosabe ... you get the t-bone ...

:tu:

• Like 1

Im very lonley, i lost my wife and 3 children..

What it taught me was about the heart of God, when im extreamly lonley i go to a speacial place beside the sea, usually at midnight and share my heart with God, this place has been a place in deepest of sorrow, when im really serious i want a talk, God and the spirit world know i go there!, otherwise its pray as you go, offering quick prayers along the way, often of repentance or guidance.

• Like 2

What it taught me was about the heart of God, when im extreamly lonley i go to a speacial place beside the sea, usually at midnight and share my heart with God, this place has been a place in deepest of sorrow, when im really serious i want a talk, God and the spirit world know i go there!, otherwise its pray as you go, offering quick prayers along the way, often of repentance or guidance.

here ya go :

482609_584983311525820_1448702260_n.jpg

:tu:

• Like 2

So sorry to hear that. I've only lost one child, it was devastating.

I guess you'd call me a loner as well. I'm an older single woman, very little family (parents and only sibling are dead) and I'm rather introverted in "real life". The only suggestion I can offer is to become comfortable being your own company. Oh, I have friends and all, but most of them have husbands and lots of family around, I just have my two surviving children. Cultivate your own interests and live your life, become your own best friend.

• Like 2

You will be fine, true leaders are born out of a bit of solitude. You may not know it but the example you set will help others. Carry on.

• Like 1

Im ok thesedays, i went to the edge but whilst there found out God does excist, of this im certain.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry to those who have lost loved ones. My heart goes out to you all. <3

Thanks for the support guys. I have a lot of friends, more than I've ever had before in my life actually, but I feel lonely sometimes in a spiritual sense. But I think if I attract more friends with my interests, I'll be fine!

• Like 1

You will be fine, true leaders are born out of a bit of solitude. You may not know it but the example you set will help others. Carry on.

Thank you so much! I certainly hope so. :)

• Like 1

"Social relationship quality is a more potent predictor of loneliness than quantity of social contacts."

—JT Cacioppo

Edited by The world needs you
  • Like 1

"Social relationship quality is a more potent predictor of loneliness than quantity of social contacts."

—JT Cacioppo

643874_10151187042815708_1035549089_n.jpg

sure enough ...

• Like 1

—JT Cacioppo

True. Luckily I have close bonds with many of them too. :) But I'm going to try to make more close bonds with some people with similar lifestyles

• 2 years later...

Sounds to me that u've got a problem with people that do drugs!

If u've got a gift u've got a gift?...simple as that!....what does it matter if they take drugs?.....unless your against drugs?

I feel better about everything nowadays! Was just hard at the time

Id have to disagree psychic powers are not always nice. In fact they always come at a price. As soon as they see and believe what you can do they gravitate asking for answers or seek power. Yet they haven't suffered in the same ways to earn the privilege or possess the unwavering stoic morality needed to wield such things. For example if you have foresight whats ok to use it for should you alter the plan. Do you save someone who wasnt supposed to be saved if you could. Although noble in intent you may inadvertantly cause others to die who originally were not supposed to. As far as spiritual aloneness everyones journey is solo you always have your own soul. I can tell youve spent some time making the connection or you wouldnt have felt this.

Edited by psionhybrid

I've experienced a variety of psychic phenomena ever since I was little. I know I am lucky, and love the experiences I've had.

As I've grown up, it seems that quite a few people who experience spiritual/otherworldly things use drugs. I believe drugs hinder a person's spiritual growth overall, so I don't use them.

I have some friends who also experience paranormal/spiritual phenomena who don't use drugs, but even so, I sometimes feel alone and wish more people didn't use them.

What advice do you have for me?

I know what you mean.. Sometimes it seems that those who take drugs are taking a powerful shortcut into the spiritual.. And let's face it, in many cases they are..

There are though, downfalls in these shortcuts..

Namely that the greatest growth comes from the journey, not the destination..

Forcing yourself into a deep spiritual level of consciousness when ones soul growth has not yet reached that level of attainment can be very damaging, and can set you back.. (bad trips)

So yeah, don't feel alone.. A more pure path is before you.

• Like 1