Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#5071    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,119 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 17 January 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

The definition of alien in regards to the ETH means 'extraterrestrial' and covers any race of beings that originated on a different planet (although technically I don't suppose it has to be a planet). That is where the term ET comes from, Extra Terrestrial. Since God is all powerful and is supposed to have no origin then his alien status exceeds even that of ET. It could conceivably be argued that God is alien and yet native to everywhere since he was the creator of everything. This puts God and alien civilizations into two very different categories and any comparison is superficial at best. To argue that God is an alien in the same sense that aliens are 'alien' is to force fit an idea where it doesn't belong in my opinion.
To say that God, as in the universal monthestic God, was an ET, would make him more like a tribal god of one of the polytheistic tribes. I can see that if there ever were Ancient Aliens, they could well be seen as a god by ancient peoples, but that's not the same thing as the universal God.
... but, if God did manifest in human form in the form of Jesus, then maybe it might be ...
... oh jeez, am I beginning to take this argument seriously now? :blink:

* to anthropomorphise

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#5072    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,244 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostCrikey, on 17 January 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

Dream on muchacho, for centuries atheists were going around saying "Nazareth never existed in Jesus's time", but have been left red-faced and pouting when recent archaeological digs proved there WAS a Nazareth in Jesus's time!
Look at this picture, it might even be Jesus's house, or do you think it belonged to Mary Poppins?.. :)

if you must post pics and info, pls also post the source. In this story it says the archeo's 'may' have found what was the home of young Jesus neighbors, NOT Jesus's house! it also states, the archeo's 'imagined' Jesus playing in the village.

The words - may, and imagined, in the same story....hardly points to a fact

Edited by seeder, 17 January 2013 - 08:16 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#5073    TheOtherSide1945

TheOtherSide1945

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

jesus existed but he was just a hippie who knew magic. not the son of god. what does this have to do with ancient aliens?

#5074    Crikey

Crikey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 17 January 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

....To argue that God is an alien in the same sense that aliens are 'alien' is to force fit an idea where it doesn't belong in my opinion.

Good point, "aliens" in the general sense has come to mean life-forms from solid material planets such as Klingons, Romulans, Ferengii, Vulcans etc.
But what if some life-forms come from other dimensions and other planes of existence outside our physical universe?
If we can't call them aliens, what can we call them?

#5075    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,119 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

View PostCrikey, on 17 January 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

Good point, "aliens" in the general sense has come to mean life-forms from solid material planets such as Klingons, Romulans, Ferengii, Vulcans etc.
But what if some life-forms come from other dimensions and other planes of existence outside our physical universe?
EDs. Or EPs.
Incidentally, back when UFOs were first popular back in the 50s, someone once referred to them as 'Otherplane aeroforms', or it may have been 'Otherform aeroplanes'. Either way, I rather like that, and I think it's rather a pity it didn't catch on.

Edited by Lord Vetinari, 17 January 2013 - 08:23 PM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#5076    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,738 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 17 January 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

To say that God, as in the universal monthestic God, was an ET, would make him more like a tribal god of one of the polytheistic tribes. I can see that if there ever were Ancient Aliens, they could well be seen as a god by ancient peoples, but that's not the same thing as the universal God.
... but, if God did manifest in human form in the form of Jesus, then maybe it might be ...
... oh jeez, am I beginning to take this argument seriously now? :blink:

* to anthropomorphise

That points to whether or not aliens would be confused with Gods, based on their method and direction of travel (descending from the heavens or what not) and whatever technological wizardry they may have utilized (water into wine?). It all comes back to believing that ancient man must be dumb and couldn't tell the difference between the two. I certainly don't hold to that theory, not one bit. There really is no evidence to suggest that ancient Gods were just some vacationing aliens mingling with the locals and any comparison is, as I said, just superficial at best.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#5077    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,738 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 17 January 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

EDs. Or EPs.
Incidentally, back when UFOs were first popular back in the 50s, someone once referred to them as 'Otherplane aeroforms', or it may have been 'Otherform aeroplanes'. Either way, I rather like that, and I think it's rather a pity it didn't catch on.

I like 'Otherform Aeroplanes', made me smile just saying it. :lol:

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#5078    TheOtherSide1945

TheOtherSide1945

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 17 January 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

That points to whether or not aliens would be confused with Gods, based on their method and direction of travel (descending from the heavens or what not) and whatever technological wizardry they may have utilized (water into wine?). It all comes back to believing that ancient man must be dumb and couldn't tell the difference between the two. I certainly don't hold to that theory, not one bit. There really is no evidence to suggest that ancient Gods were just some vacationing aliens mingling with the locals and any comparison is, as I said, just superficial at best.

except the first hand accounts of ancient man saying that they were gods from the sky. what else could they be? real gods fromt he sky?

#5079    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,244 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostCrikey, on 17 January 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

if the hypothetical aliens are not from earth they will always be known as extra terrestrials, perhaps obviously. But you can call them them what you like, they wont be talking English to understand you anyway. And you hint at other dimensions.. but whats beyond space?

There is no space outside of space. Space can only be described in terms of the distance between physical objects.

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#5080    Crikey

Crikey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

As this is an 'Ancient Alien' thread I think these bible verses qualify to be stirred into the pot for fun speculation without derailing the thread-

ALIEN?- Jesus said "I am not of this world" (John 8:23)

STARSHIP? -"Praise to the Lord, to him who rides the ancient skies above, whose power is in the skies." (Psalm 68:33-34)

RADIATION SHIELDING?- God said "When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by" (Exodus 33:22)

GENESIS PROJECT? -"God made the worlds.." (Heb 11:3 KJV)

ORBITAL TRAJECTORY? - "God sits on the circle of the earth" (Isa 40:22)

WARP FACTOR 9? - "God rides upon a swift cloud" (Isa 19:1)

CLOAKING DEVICE? - "God goes by me but I see him not" (Job 9:10)

TIME DILATION? - "With God a thousand years are as one day" (2 Pet 3:8 )

MOTHERSHIP?- "I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north, the center of the fire looked like glowing metal" (Ezekiel 1:4)

STARGATE?- Jesus said - "Enter through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it."(Matt 7:13)

ACTIVATE TRANSPORTER?-  Jesus said- "I know where I came from and where I am going, but you have no idea where I come from or where I am going" (John 8:14)

Edited by Crikey, 17 January 2013 - 08:35 PM.

#5081    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,738 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

View PostTheOtherSide1945, on 17 January 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

except the first hand accounts of ancient man saying that they were gods from the sky. what else could they be? real gods fromt he sky?

Or they could just be an anthropomorphic view of a confusing concept. An allegory, if you will. In that case, the difference between Gods and aliens would be their physical existence. Were the ancients actually describing real world events or were they simply offering up these stories as an allegory to explain the unexplainable (at the time).?

#5082    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,244 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Dont forget Poseidon. God of the sea. Gods from the sky? And the sea?

Edited by seeder, 17 January 2013 - 08:35 PM.

#5083    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,119 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 17 January 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

Another interesting question here is, the people who promote this theory often point to quotes from the Bible, don't they, about fiery Chariots and what not. But they wouldn't have seen those as gods, would they? Not the tribes of Israel. Their god, the God, was very particular about people having no other Gods but he, wasn't he. So could this have been a manifestation of God trying to tell them something through some inscrutable means? Their way of interpreting natural phenomenana? They talked about darkness at noon and so on (e.g. eclipses, perhaps), and the sun standing still (er, probably poetic imagery), but they wouldn't have taken them to be some local god dropping by to see how they were getting on, would they.

Quite interesting discussion this has been, now we're not talking endlessly about walls. I wonder where Zoser is? :unsure2:

H. P. Lovecraft.

#5084    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,244 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostCrikey, on 17 January 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

As this is an 'Ancient Alien' thread I think these bible verses qualify to be stirred into the pot for fun speculation without derailing the thread-

ALIEN?- Jesus said "I am not of this world" (John 8:23)

STARSHIP? -"Praise to the Lord, to him who rides the ancient skies above, whose power is in the skies." (Psalm 68:33-34)

RADIATION SHIELDING?- God said "When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by" (Exodus 33:22)

GENESIS PROJECT? -"God made the worlds.." (Heb 11:3 KJV)

ORBITAL TRAJECTORY? - "God sits on the circle of the earth" (Isa 40:22)

WARP FACTOR 9? - "God rides upon a swift cloud" (Isa 19:1)

CLOAKING DEVICE? - "God goes by me but I see him not" (Job 9:10)

TIME DILATION? - "With God a thousand years are as one day" (2 Pet 3:8 )

MOTHERSHIP?- "I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north, the center of the fire looked like glowing metal" (Ezekiel 1:4)

STARGATE?- Jesus said - "Enter through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it."(Matt 7:13)

ACTIVATE TRANSPORTER?-  Jesus said- "I know where I came from and where I am going, but you have no idea where I come from or where I am going" (John 8:14)

Yeh and Harry Potter flies on a broomstick and can go invisible. Stories are great arent they? Pls dont repeat yourself, you started with a very similar set of quotes, as said - its a thread about ancient aliens.. but if God is the creator of everything, he remains god, whatever that is, and aliens will have been another creation of his. Please dont start quoting reams of biblical passages.. discuss Aliens here, if you want to talk god, go to the other part of the forum where you will find many very keen to discuss it with you

Edited by seeder, 17 January 2013 - 08:44 PM.

#5085    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,244 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 17 January 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

Quite interesting discussion this has been, now we're not talking endlessly about walls. I wonder where Zoser is? :unsure2:

Zoser will be here alright...he cant help himself, Brien Forester has over 600 vids, and so far zosers  only posted about 30 of them....

Edited by seeder, 17 January 2013 - 08:49 PM.