Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 7 votes

The Official Rememberance Thread

• Please log in to reply
309 replies to this topic

#211    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,098 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:03 AM

December 4th - My dad's birthday

December 8th - The anniversary of my brother and his fiancée car accident

December 24th - My father-in-law's birthday

x xx x

Posted Image

#212    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,401 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:12 PM

Still, they happen to be in December, the holiday month. My maternal grandma, father and half-sister has B-days next week (15th, 17th and 21st respectively) and are currently alive. Christmas is a great time for families, yet are depressing for those who had lost a loved one. :( You realize about life is precious to have and feel fortunate to have your loved ones (here or passed on).

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#213    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,098 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:29 PM

View PostDeMikeDe, on 12 December 2011 - 12:12 PM, said:

Still, they happen to be in December, the holiday month. My maternal grandma, father and half-sister has B-days next week (15th, 17th and 21st respectively) and are currently alive. Christmas is a great time for families, yet are depressing for those who had lost a loved one. :( You realize about life is precious to have and feel fortunate to have your loved ones (here or passed on).
My mother's birthday was December 2nd and she is still alive. Christmas isn't what it used to be, but it's the same for anyone who's lost someone. We spend Christmas as a family, but never forget those who have gone. They are always with us in heart and spirit.

Posted Image

#214    Robbie333

Robbie333

"Seek and you shall find"

• 2,790 posts

• Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

View PostKismit, on 15 January 2006 - 09:40 AM, said:

With the New Year and Christmas just behind us many of us have spent a moment or two thinking about the people who could not be with us on these special occasions and others like them.

The Nameless One has suggested a rememberance thread, a place where we can post about the people we miss and who have passed on. And we decided it was a sweet idea.

So... Still Crazy, you were the inspiration for this thread. It's only fair that you get the first mention. Miss you Sean Posted Image

And I remember Tom, I miss you Tom. To briefly I new you, although I don't think there ever would have been enough time.

Please feel free to post for those people who you miss.

Great idea !!!

Robbie James

#215    sarah snow

sarah snow

Jam Jar Skater

• 3,942 posts

• Things we don't want to happen, but have to accept. Things we don't want to know, we have to learn. People we can't live without, we have to let go.

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:32 AM

For my mate Ted

You were a WWII Veteran, and flew your Tiger Moth in your 80s  :clap: :clap: :clap:  

We never got the flight you promised me, my mates could not believe I would go in that plane with you. Leap of faith, that we'll never have now. My Mother is relieved LOL. That will make you laugh, I know!! But you knew I'd do it. To fly with you in your Tiger Moth, a WWII Veteran, we would have landed safely. You didn't take me up as you knew you were too poorly to fly, that last time it was discussed. You knew I had utmost faith in you.

But you got poorly. I hope you know that we will look out for your son. He's gonna be lost without you, but we will give him love and hugs and he has friends xxx

You fought in WWII for the freedom that I have grown up with, and I hope you know how grateful I am for that. So many times, you shed tears when we chatted about your Wife, and you missed her every second of every day, since she passed. There was never a conversation passed by without her name, and I believe you are with her now xx

I knew you were gone, even before my friend rung to tell me. I knew, Ted. I knew. Thank you for coming to see me xxx  :wub:

It was a joy and a privelege to know you, and especially to be your friend. You will always be in my heart. I love you, Ted xxx

You'll be taking off in your Tiger Moth whenever you want now, and your Darling can be at your side, like you always wanted xxx

I will miss you xxx

Edited by sarah snow, 17 March 2012 - 04:39 AM.

A stumbling block is merely a stepping stone you tripped over

#216    einfopedia

einfopedia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:48 AM

i think one thing is very bad happen in the month of the December that is the your brother fiancee car accident.which is not a good thing otherwise other-thing is very happy for you with the birthday's.

#217    cluey

cluey

complete paradox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Location:~in your head,lol.....seriously though............."the driest continate on earth".......which is also comparable to a land mass on another planet!!!...........

• BLACK ADDER!!!.."let's get them when and where they are most vulnerable"...*WHACK*....."just my luck to get the one that was hard".... :D

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

To my dear sweet sister Elizabeth......who passed away yesterday after a rather bad epileptic fit....and her beautiful daghter lucy who was with her and now in hospital.....R.I.P lizzy,will always love you

Edited by cluey, 14 April 2012 - 04:52 AM.

Believes all people have to admit to some level of neurosis!!!
will never let my mother cut my hair again!!!!
The feet you step on today!....might be attached to the legs of the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!!!!
it is hard to sore high with the eagles when you are surrounded by turkeys!!!!

#218    TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Sir Woodyalot

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

very sorry for your loss

View Postcluey, on 14 April 2012 - 04:12 AM, said:

To my dear sweet sister Elizabeth......who passed away yesterday after a rather bad epileptic fit....and her beautiful daghter lucy who was with her and now in hospital.....R.I.P lizzy,will always love you

#219    snappydragon

snappydragon

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

• ok, I'm listening, tell me more

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

So sorry about your sister and niece, that is so sad. My son has the rare seizure out of the blue, but when he has them they are severe. They are so rare I have not ever seen them, but many others have. I have seen the aftermath. Hugs to you and yours.
a remembered member who was deleted but had a big impact on me. Caana who died of cancer. I miss him and his out there posts. He had a good heart and was kind to me and always remembered my son.

Edited by snappydragon, 24 May 2012 - 08:02 AM.

The future is no place to place your better days. from "cry freedom" by Dave Mathews band.

#220    greywolf

greywolf

Psychic Spy

• 1,042 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:37 AM

I want to take this chance to remember my mom and sister who were murdered on june 29th,1981. almost 31 years have passed, but it seems like yesterday.there has'nt been a day that i have'nt thought about you both. it's also ironic that the scumbag that killed you is still sitting on death row. who said justice is swift? i love you and hope to see you in heaven.

#221    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,107 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

For my father and brothers. Lung cancer, motor cycle accident, and bullet to the spine while defending our country. I am raising 3 boys now in the the spirit and legacy that you left me. When I look at their faces I can see all of you in them. But without you I have been terribly lonely.

Edited by Seeker79, 23 July 2012 - 05:36 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#222    Cloudshill

Cloudshill

Tree Spirit

• 1,978 posts

• "It's not that it doesn't hurt.........the trick is not minding that it hurts"

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

Zoe
March 3, 2000
July 24, 2011

Attached Files

Posted Image

#223    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,538 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:22 PM

View PostCloudshill, on 24 July 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

Zoe
March 3, 2000
July 24, 2011

Zoe was a cutie, such an appealing wee face.

Edited by schizoidwoman, 24 July 2012 - 09:25 PM.

#224    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwít éoredmæcg

• 4,810 posts

• Hige sceal þe heardra, heorte þe cenre, mod sceal þe mare, þe ure mægen lytlað.

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

I've just learned of the death of a very old friend and colleague, Mrs.Joyce Cockerill of Dymchurch, Kent. It won't mean much to anyone on this Forum, but to me and anyone else involved in the Saxon Shore Way Project, her death will leave a very large gap. RIP Joyce.

Edited by ealdwita, 26 July 2012 - 12:58 PM.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#225    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

Sorry to hear this Eald, my thoughts are with you.

My thoughts are with everybody posting here, everybody who lost somebody they loved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users