Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can Demons inhabit Dolls Etc?

Alan McDougall

http://paranormal-association.com/demonic-dolls-and-possessed-playthings-by-patrick-rahall/

There are a few questions I would like the forum to debate.

Do Demons Exist?

What are Demons?

Can one get possessed by a Demon?

Can a dolls by inhabited by a Demon? (I have experienced this with my granddaughters one doll)

The eyes are the window of the soul?

Belief in the existence of 'demons' is born from an argument from ignorance. Misadventure, 'evil' deeds and certain malady's were all thought to be the result of either demonic possession or influence, yet none of those things are 'demon-related' at all.

Our basic psychology is dichotomic in its make-up; we express things in an 'either-or' manner; and we have an unfortunate tendency to anthropomorphise abstract concepts. Put these together and you get 'demons' (along with a whole host of other supernatural entities representing abstract concepts.)

• Like 1

Here's Alan's encounter caught on Tape.

Demons are typically darker aspects of your own soul that you project onto things/people. If an item is suspected to be haunted it can become so by triggering fear and paranoia, thus becoming "haunted". Letting your imagination run wild doesn't help. Seeing shadow people, slenderman, or even the hat man, are just figments of your own imagination unless something physical happens. In that case it my be unconsciously triggered psychokinesis, which in my opinion is rare.

• Like 1

I personally cant commit to a belief in demons. I do believe theres more to this world than what we actually see.

• Like 1

No.

Don't need to answer any of the other questions.

Yep, this about covers it.

Nibs

• Like 3

No.

Don't need to answer any of the other questions.

Really!! millions will disagree with you, if you make a statement that you believe is factual, then you must prove it to us?

Really!! millions will disagree with you, if you make a statement that you believe is factual, then you must prove it to us?

You don't have to prove that something doesn't exist. That is nearly impossible. You have to prove that something does exist.

• Like 3

Here's Alan's encounter caught on Tape.

What baffles me about you guys, on a forum titled "Unexplained - Mysteries" you dismiss out of hand anything mysterious?. I post these type of thread here because I believed there is more openness to mystical subjects.

I also belong to regular science forums such as the British based "Naked Scientist Forum" where I restrict my inputs to classical science and physics.

• Like 1

Well, by that reasoning these must be true.

And that wishing on a star works, black cats are bad luck and the number 13 is evil.

http://www.livescience.com/27727-exorcism-facts-and-fiction.html

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/exorcism_driving_out_the_nonsense/

http://www.skepdic.com/exorcism.html

Study up.

Nibs

• Like 3

Anything that uses the Warrens as support is suspect.

Robert the Doll - appears can be "stopped" by being put in a glass box. Set box on fire, with witnesses and camera, if he moves to get out THEN there would be something to discuss.

Annabelle - also seems thwarted by glass box. See above for possibly providing "evidence".

Island of the Dolls - local lore being used as a tourist trap. No mystery there.

Nibs

Well, by that reasoning these must be true.

And that wishing on a star works, black cats are bad luck and the number 13 is evil.

http://www.livescien...nd-fiction.html

http://www.csicop.or...t_the_nonsense/

http://www.skepdic.com/exorcism.html

Study up.

Nibs

I don't need you as a tutor, and you are wasting your time with all those links!

I agree. If demons don't exist, then neither do angels. I believe both exist.

To my knowledge, in other words actually just my opinion, demons or other spiritual entities can dynamically "influence" non-creatures, but not actually go the level of possession within them.

Again, just an opinion.

What if there truly is nothing. No god, no angels, nor demons. All of theses being mere figments of our imagination. They could be real to you, but that's entirely subjective. The only reason I believe in the paranormal is because the various experiences I've had in my life. I believe in U.F.O's but not aliens. I believe in the possibility of spirits but I also hold to that being a psychological phenomenon.

Edited by XenoFish

Belief in the existence of 'demons' is born from an argument from ignorance. Misadventure, 'evil' deeds and certain malady's were all thought to be the result of either demonic possession or influence, yet none of those things are 'demon-related' at all.

Our basic psychology is dichotomic in its make-up; we express things in an 'either-or' manner; and we have an unfortunate tendency to anthropomorphise abstract concepts. Put these together and you get 'demons' (along with a whole host of other supernatural entities representing abstract concepts.)

I put this thread here to avoid any religious debate on the subject. If one looks at all these TV documentaries on psychics, paranormal Ghost hunters, my Ghost Story , mostly from the US. They are taken very seriously by the gullible American population, and these channels produce them in volume because they must be huge money makers for them.

However, no less than Jesus Christ certainly believed in Demons, so I will take his word for it, before I take the reverse from anyone else.

Of course that does not mean ghost are real, I do not believe that dead people are running around in our physical realm, especially the spirits of little children.

Then you've closed your mind to the possibility of being incorrect. So having a discussion with you is going to be as fruitful as chatting with a brick wall.

• Like 5

However, no less than Jesus Christ certainly believed in Demons, so I will take his word for it, before I take the reverse from anyone else.

So, because someone wrote it, it must be true?

Your life must be very ... ummm... interesting, if that is the philosophy you follow.

• Like 2

I don't think you'll find that a generally persuasive argument on these forums. There's a huge variety of beliefs so "Jesus believed it!" is largely going to fall on deaf ears.

And if you're saying you're not interested in the opinions of people on this forum because Jesus Christ said so otherwise, it makes one wonder why you introduce this thread as something you were interested in debating. Sounds like the last thing on your mind is actually debating the subject is that's the kind of argument you find persuasive.

• Like 3

I put this thread here to avoid any religious debate on the subject. If one looks at all these TV documentaries on psychics, paranormal Ghost hunters, my Ghost Story , mostly from the US. They are taken very seriously by the gullible American population, and these channels produce them in volume because they must be huge money makers for them.

Of course that does not mean ghost are real, I do not believe that dead people are running around in our physical realm, especially the spirits of little children.

Trying to avoid religious debate on the subject and then using Jesus to solidify your belief in demons doesn't seem to be the most logical approach to me. The questions you pose aren't really able to be answered as there is no proof that they do or don't exist, though in my humble opinion demons are about as real as Lord Voldemort, Harry Potter believed he was real though I'd rather not take his word for it.

• Like 2

If you want to think about this logically. Then anything can be demonically possessed, simply because you believe it to be. You can wear a curse bracelet never know it was cursed and everything is fine. But if someone makes a mention that it's a cursed object then they implanted the idea that it is. You might start associating anything bad that happens to the bracelet. That how this stuff works. Place a curse on someone to their face and they might laugh it off. But the seed has been planted, if it takes root they will curse themselves. Magicians, witches, and sorcerers were the first to use psychological warfare.

Without getting into a whole other debate,there is no definitive proof that Jesus existed so to use him to justify a belief in demons is rather silly

• Like 2

Millions of people believing something is no different from one person believing it, and isn't evidence of something being true. There is no logical reason behind why demons should exist, no scientific reason how they could, and no empirical evidence for them.

I also belong to regular science forums such as the British based "Naked Scientist Forum" where I restrict my inputs to classical science and physics.

Then you should know that you can't prove something doesn't exist.

Rendering this an entirely pointless thread.

• Like 3

Ponder this. A demon inhabits a doll. No wonder it gets annoyed, if as a doll it has to be sat at doll's tea parties, get dressed in very silly clothes, and may have it's head or body parts removed by male siblings who do this in order to upset female sibling owner.

No wonder demons are angry.... :no:

• Like 1