Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

Nurse who put Aussie prank call thru,dead

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#46    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

I suppose no one will ever know now if someone in administration told her to expect to be fired for the incident.

Posted Image

#47    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

View PostJGirl, on 07 December 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

that really punctuates it.
i bet i smile at every person i see on a bridge now - seriously

Absolutely.  I think we as a society are very oblivious to how our actions (or inactions) can change things.

#48    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,665 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

I am very sympathetic to the girl and her family, but going a step further, I guess that if you have a loved one who is very ill,in a Brit Hospital,you cant get there so you phone up and ask about them.Do you honestly think that you'll get a satisfactory reply, I think NOT, All Hospitals are going to clam up from now especially by phone, You're gonna have to take your Driving Licence, Passport, Birth Certificate just to get in the door.All caused by a pair of Foreign Idiots.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#49    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

View Posthatecraft, on 07 December 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

She got what she wanted.  No one else is to blame.

Idiot.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#50    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,424 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 07 December 2012 - 07:37 PM, said:

I find it hard to believe that this nurse was living a happy and cheery life up until this moment and then she decided to kill herself out of mortal embarrassment. This doesn't seem like the kind of thing to MAKE someone suicidal. Unless maybe her bosses were calling her a ******* idiot and telling her she was fired and she'd never work in the industry again and she had massive debts and that's what pushed her over the edge. Until more info comes out we won't know.

On a side not how long before Burrell's Dark Forces are blamed by CTs

Yeah my thoughts too.

Said that, prank calls from these radio entertainers are really going too far. Some are so blatantly stupid and embarrassing I end up turning the radio off or switching stations most times.
I'm no royalist by any stretch of the imagination and wouldn't give a toss that they tried to contact Kate Middleton or impersonated the Queen and Charles. What they did was ethically wrong.

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil, 07 December 2012 - 10:16 PM.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#51    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,424 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 07 December 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

Maybe she murdered Jacintha for that very reason.  It certainly took the attention off of her for the moment.

Wow, talk about jumping to conclusions.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#52    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

Regardless of the fact that she had other issues going on in her life, the prank these 2 shockjocks pulled on
her was the final straw that broke the camels back. They are responsible.
They never should of done this and will regret it forever. They have been suspended from their jobs ,facebook and twitter accounts closed
and are in hiding. Talk about a prank gone wrong.To assume that everyone is the same was a fault in their personality
because we're not. Some people are fragile, which she was and they never took that into account . Their fault period.

#53    RamblingRebel

RamblingRebel

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

I just read this and I feel very sad for this poor woman. :cry:   I don't know what background she was from, but going by the name She doesn't sound like she is of English stock, I'm thinking some kind of Asian.  In my experience foreign women are almost always conscientious, hard working, polite, and humble folk.  for something like this to happen to her would absolutely mortify her.  Come on, the Queen of your adopted country phones you up,  and asks how her Daughter in Law is.  Whats the protocol there?

I'm totally speculating but it wouldn't suprise me at all if even before this she perhaps felt inferior to her fellow workers.  Which is something that us English folk are quite good at making foreigners feel albeit unintentionally most of the time!  And dare I say it, I bet she got some stick for it after too.  Perhaps it was just light hearted?  Other cultures just don't english banter.  She probably did have other problems in here private life, which added to it, but come on now, who doesnt?

As for those DJ's come on they are not much more than kids trying to make it in showbiz and having fun, you can't put it all on them, I thought it was actually quite funny myself, and love the radio here in Ireland, some of these DJ's are hilarious with the prank calls.  I've just read a quote in a paper that said "them foreign DJ's should be strung up"  I mean come on now WTF!

Personally if anyones to blame it is the lawyers that said it was ok, and the radio station itself for letting it happen (if they knew about it before!)

Another point is.  Why does a trained nurse (who is more than likely under enough pressure as it is) have to answer a phone?  There should be a phone operator there 24hr a day, this isnt some tinpot clinic, this is the private hospital that the future Queen of England is being treated at!  But there has to be an obscene profit for the shareholders I guess!

This whole affair is just tragic, I really feel for that poor woman, and her family!

/rant

#54    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

View PostJGirl, on 07 December 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

very good point
Medical workers tend to have a high degree of post traumatic stress disorder ,and suicide is more common than people know .
Her job sounded very important to her . I think she may have had depression issues ,but how can anyone know what that kind of public outcry feels like .
I imagine the pressure was tremendous ,and she couldn't handle it..
Those are usually the BEST medical personnel ,because they actually care .

Miss me?

#55    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 07 December 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

I think it's strange that she would kill herself in an alley.  She had kids... there had to be more going on than just the prank.  Perhaps the prank pushed her over the edge but couldn't be the only reason.

All she did was transfer a phone call.  It's not like she blabbed the Duchess' personal info like the other nurse...which brings me to another point, in the US it is illegal to discuss someones private medical information with anyone, even a spouse, without consent.  Minors of course, excluded, but even then information goes only to the parents/legal guardians.

That nurse committed a serious breach of confidentiality, she would be fired here.

Maybe she murdered Jacintha for that very reason.  It certainly took the attention off of her for the moment.

The two DJs are retards but it's not their fault she died.  If anything they can only be blamed for starting the chain of events that led to this mess.

In the USA ,what the nurses did is violation of HIPA laws.
Huge fines ,and loss of your professional license is what can happen to you here,but I think our authorities would have held the DJs responsible ,for the initial crime,but the nurses would have been held accountable in some way.

Miss me?

#56    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

http://www.japantoda...r_2012-12-08_AM

The two radio hosts are OFF THE AIR .
People need to realize ,stupid stuff like this,has consequences

Miss me?

#57    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

Or maybe the royal family's minions offed her for said breach in trust :no:

Eitherway, my sympathies for her family... :unsure2:

Edited by Bavarian Raven, 08 December 2012 - 01:31 AM.

#58    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

I worked in a hospital as a student years ago..   The doctors, head nurses ect  would ball anyone out for the slightest mistake and raised hell  if needed ..

If this happened at the hospital I once worked in, I would say that nurse would have been grilled and her head bitten off for falling for such a prank..In fact, I'd dare say a lot of the staff would have made it hell for her, and likely made her think she was going to face jail time too..
Because I have witnessed nurses and even some doctors getting chewed out for simple mishaps, if a royal was in their care and this happened, I would lay money that that nurse would have faced a lot of heat... If she took her own life afterwards, the hospital would then say - "We didn't blame her, nor did we discipline her for it"..  They would have to say that to cover their own asses, as they wouldn't want people to think she faced hell and took her life as a result..   And we know that this prank did cause an uproar !!

I am not suggesting this is what happened to the nurse, but I do know  she would have faced hell at my local hospital .  

That prank was indeed  messed up and not a bit funny.. I feel sorry for the poor nurse that took her life

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 08 December 2012 - 01:30 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#59    Arbenol

Arbenol

Psychic Spy

• 1,929 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

The lack of compassion and empathy in some of the comments here is saddening - if not that surprising.

#60    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:48 AM

Major companies have also pulled ads from the station.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users