Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hunting the Mongolian Death Worm

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:24 AM

Posted Image
Two men from New Zealand are embarking on an expedition next week to seek out the fabled Mongolian death worm, a large red invertebrate said to immobilise its prey with a combination of acid-spit and the ability to produce an electric shock.

"Two New Zealanders will leave for Mongolia's Gobi Desert next week on an ambitious expedition to find the fabled acid-spitting and lightning-throwing Mongolian death worm."

Posted Image View: Full Article | Posted Image Source: 3 News

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,686 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:59 PM

They say it jumps out of the sand and kills people by spitting concentrated acid or shooting lightning from its rectum over long distances.

Well... That's something. Spitting acid is plausible but farting lightning makes a skunk's attack a joke! LOL!

However, the New Zealand team planned to bring the worm to the surface with explosives, as it is said to be attracted to tremors.

I always enjoy reading a death wished, proned person's plan. It's always creative.

Edited by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:, 28 July 2009 - 03:06 PM.

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#3    Dezmond

Dezmond

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:53 PM

However, the New Zealand team planned to bring the worm to the surface with explosives, as it is said to be attracted to tremors.

Are they sure they haven't watched Tremors too much :D
They should hire Burt Gummer.

Edited by Dezmond, 28 July 2009 - 04:54 PM.

Posted Image

#4    Deja'Vu

Deja'Vu

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

• .....The Sexiest B*tch

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:05 PM

View PostDezmond, on Jul 28 2009, 11:53 AM, said:

Are they sure they haven't watched Tremors too much :D
They should hire Burt Gummer.

lmao ... i agree ... OMg... wouldn't it be crazy if Tremors really existed?,....I would be scared

Im sexy - イムセクシー (Imusekushī)

#5    Jonny Wonny

Jonny Wonny

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:07 PM

gotta admit, this is one of my favorite cryptids, cause it's so unusual, and as the article said...

"He said he was interested in the death worm because it was one of the most outrageous creatures that were rumoured to exist.
However, it was also one of the mythical creatures that had a better chance of being real.
Rumours could inflate the reputation of things such as the Loch Ness monster and Bigfoot, but sparsely populated Mongolia was  ot a place where rumours were going to propagate, Farrier said.
"If a Mongolian says they have seen a big worm-like creature out in the desert they haven't really got any reason to lie."
A number of experts have dismissed the worm's existence, putting it down as a rumour, but Farrier was not put off."

couldn't have said it better myself, really... :D
i hate when non-skeptical "skeptics" poke fun at anything they don't want to believe in.

#6    Blueguardian

Blueguardian

Poltergeist

• 2,248 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:36 AM

I guess the Mongolian death worm's would view these 2 new zealander's as terrorists. Heh, good luck to them.

Posted Image

(((Just My $00.2 cents)))

#7    wolemrock

wolemrock

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:25 AM

oh no, not again...

#8    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,686 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:55 PM

View PostJonny Wonny, on Jul 28 2009, 06:07 PM, said:

i hate when non-skeptical "skeptics" poke fun at anything they don't want to believe in.

I think it's the overhype on what this worm is capable of doing. We know certain species of snakes can spit venom and the common eel has an electric charge. A platypus is an egg-laying, venomous, duck-billed, beaver-tailed, otter-footed mammal. So, strange and fantastic creatures are out there.

I'm not rejecting the existence of the Mongolian Death Worm nor I'm saying it may not have an electrical charge to some degree, but finding a creature that shoots lightning out of its rectum is a bit unbelievable. Talk about lightning burns where one shouldn't have! Haha!

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#9    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,996 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:01 PM

If its a 'worm' then it seems odd that it would possess such lethal mechanisms, not even a snake has both the ability to spit venom and to produce a lethal electric shock, i'm not aware of any species of worm that is capable of doing anything remotely like this. Seems like a very inplausible creature.

#10    wolemrock

wolemrock

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:51 AM

and it could not possibly survive the dessert heat...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users