Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gay convictions to be wiped from the records

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#16    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 05 October 2011 - 07:15 PM, said:

BTW - Yes, if a person was abused as a child and grew up, gained an education and passed the requirements and evaluations I would give them the job.  BECAUSE OTHERWISE IT IS DISCRIMINATION.

Same thing with any other position.

EVERYONE can have a motive to behave in an "unprofessional" way in a situation.  Being homosexual doesn't make anyone "more likely" to behave in an unprofessional way.

You're being too general and discriminatory towards homosexuals.

Nibs

The only other way is to construct a personal file on everybody in the country for intelligence purposes.

Then if you have a gay polieman or whatever the cases they are allowed on can be restricted to guarentee no unprofessional behaviour.

#17    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 05 October 2011 - 07:09 PM, said:

No I'm saying many have a motive to act unprofessionally.

Which is... that they're homosexual?
Exactly how does this translate to a motive to act professionally?

I'm a heterosexual guy, what makes me more likely to act professionally than they?

You seem to be equating it to ... neo Nazis? Really?
  Sexuality has been shown to be genetic, it's a genetic trait.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#18    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:20 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 05 October 2011 - 07:19 PM, said:

Which is... that they're homosexual?
Exactly how does this translate to a motive to act professionally?

I'm a heterosexual guy, what makes me more likely to act professionally than they?

You seem to be equating it to ... neo Nazis? Really?
  Sexuality has been shown to be genetic, it's a genetic trait.

Ok suppose you're a judge and you have a defendant on trial for gay hate crimes.

#19    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,895 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:21 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 05 October 2011 - 07:18 PM, said:

The only other way is to construct a personal file on everybody in the country for intelligence purposes.

Then if you have a gay polieman or whatever the cases they are allowed on can be restricted to guarentee no unprofessional behaviour.

That would be a gross violation of civil rights.

And what about policemen on the beat? That have no choice what they do or what they're called out to?

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#20    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:22 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 05 October 2011 - 07:20 PM, said:

Ok suppose you're a judge and you have a defendant on trial for gay hate crimes.
I'd weigh it the same way if the person had been tried for black hate crime, or any other hate crimes.
  You've not answered the question.
What is intrinsic that homosexuals are less likely to be professional than a heterosexual?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#21    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,051 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:23 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 05 October 2011 - 07:18 PM, said:

I ask you, should everyone be tagged, based on their religion, sexual orientation, color, and then sequestered to certain positions and actions?

Nibs

Can you answer this please?

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#22    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 05 October 2011 - 06:58 PM, said:

A whole list of people should be banned from the jobs it isnt just homosexuals.

Would you let someone who was the victim of child abuse become a Prison Guard looking after sex offenders?
Would you let a KKK member be a Policeman and expect him to behave professionally with black suspects?

Anybody that can have issues against other types of people should be banned from those jobs and yes that includes homosexuals because many will have issues regarding discrimination and hate crime suspects.

Following that logic the only people who could join the police would be those who have never been a victim of crime or have never known someone who has been a victim of crime. Because that past might affect how they treat criminals. Police also provide protection at protests so can't have anyone with any kind of opinion on political topics. Cuts the recruiting pool a wee bit thin doesn't it?

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#23    Verneph

Verneph

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

• I probably think too much...

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

See, I don't think comparing the homosexual community to the KKK and Neo-nazis is a fair example, or a wise statement to make for that matter.

By this logic, minorities shouldn't be allowed to be COPS because they might not be able to handle hate crimes "professionally."  Get real, I'm sure that there are plenty of homosexuals who can handle hate crimes just fine.  It depends on the individual person, not what race, sexual preference, etc. they belong to.

#24    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:26 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 05 October 2011 - 07:22 PM, said:

I'd weigh it the same way if the person had been tried for black hate crime, or any other hate crimes.
  You've not answered the question.
What is intrinsic that homosexuals are less likely to be professional than a heterosexual?

I'm not saying all of them I'm saying a percentage of them may be inclinded to unprofessional behaviour if they were the judge at a trial where someone is on trial for gay hate crimes.

I'm not saying you would, I'm not saying the next guy would, but a few down the line we'd get one that will.

#25    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,051 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 05 October 2011 - 07:26 PM, said:

I'm not saying all of them I'm saying a percentage of them may be inclinded to unprofessional behaviour if they were the judge at a trial where someone is on trial for gay hate crimes.

I'm not saying you would, I'm not saying the next guy would, but a few down the line we'd get one that will.

So what is the percentage of cases that is happening in now because homosexuals currently hold all of those positions.

You still haven't answered my question.

Nibs

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#26    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,895 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 05 October 2011 - 07:26 PM, said:

So because a few MIGHT then none should be judges etc? Such foolish logic.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#27    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,051 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:28 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 05 October 2011 - 07:27 PM, said:

Hon, that's not even foolish logic, that's paranoia.

:)

Nibs

#28    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:28 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 05 October 2011 - 07:23 PM, said:

Can you answer this please?

Nibs

No, everybody in the country should have a file where the risks of letting them have certain types of employment should be properly assessed to guarentee professional behaviour.

#29    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,051 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:29 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 05 October 2011 - 07:28 PM, said:

No, everybody in the country should have a file where the risks of letting them have certain types of employment should be properly assessed to guarentee professional behaviour.

How is this information gathered?  

Nibs

#30    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:30 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 05 October 2011 - 07:27 PM, said:

Ok let me ask a question.

Should people who have been members of the BNP be allowed to become policemen?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users