Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alternate Universes

Spike_Cadet

Do you think life exists outside of earth?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think life exists outside of earth?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unitelligent life
    • Intelligent life
    • Both
    • GReetings I come in peace

Ok, so what if every time anyone made a decision about anything be it what kind of toothpaste the wanted or to fight a major the earth branched off and another reality was formed. And you can get to another one of these realities through a wormhole. Going all the way back too the time that Austrolopithcus died out. Or to last week when you left your jacket at a friends. Pretty cool HUH? alien.gifthumbsup.gif

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Adramaleck

• MedicTJ

• Byuu94

• Malek

mos def.

If the universe is infinite which all conclusions point to, that means that there are an infinite number of galaxies, which means there are an infinite number of stars, which means there are an infinite number of worlds, which means there are an infinite number of inhabitable worlds, which means there are an infinite amount of species.

What do "does life exists outside of earth" has to do with "are there alternate universes"?

I really cant see a link between those.

Edited by Fushar

maybe not alternate universes, since the universe is so huge, but alternate solar systems. in other words, what Adramaleck said.

I'm with the consensus thus far on this one. We really don't know what's out there....could be anything. There could be a planet inhabited by intelligent life wondering if they're alone in the universe. Or maybe they're smarter than us and they know we exist... blink.gif

Not Aternate universes, but alternate Dimensions, just like in Sliders!

Not Aternate universes, but alternate Dimensions, just like in Sliders!

Actually either term would fit. I loved Sliders, but it's gone now that comcast took Sci-fi, and gave us lifetime. angry.gif

What do "does life exists outside of earth" has to do with "are there alternate universes"?

Yeah, so how are the topic and poll related? blink.gif

Life could exist elsewhere in only one universe. Life could only be on Earth in multiple universes.

I voted a simple yes because it's the only way to explain precognition.

If you have never had a precognitive experience don't scoff. ohmy.gif

No No No bad idea what if an alternate me created a dimension traveling machine(i could do if i wanted to) and killed all the other alternate mes making himself and me stronger and then me and him would have to duke to see who would rule all the dimensions. like in Jet Li's The One. But my version would be a lotta scratching and biting and we have 2 stop fighting to take 15 minute drink breaks, and eventually we'd give up and become friends, like a pokemon movie. Then we'd be arguing over who would get 2 use the comp to tell every1 here about the cool inter-dimensional epic we just had.

geek.gif PBS is reshowing the program on String Theory and the Mathematically certainty of 11 plus Dimensions. If you do the math your self you will find that:

!: Trying to do the math makes your Brain HURT!

2: Their guess is as good as any one elses. thumbup.gif

PBS is reshowing the program on String Theory and the Mathematically certainty of 11 plus Dimensions. If you do the math your self you will find that:

Was that the NOVA program? It explains it really well, but i'll take a master degree in physics and math to understand the work done. disgust.gif

Actually either term would fit. I loved Sliders, but it's gone now that comcast took Sci-fi, and gave us lifetime.  angry.gif

Dump the comcast b*****ds and go with satellite. I get Sci-fi, Science Channel and a lot of other stuff that I didn't get from the comcast ba*****des and my picture is much better, all for less money. Oh by the way I hate the comcast ba*****ds. angry.gif The only thing about satellite is rain.

Ok back to the topic.

Alternate dimensions, Here is my theory, All those UFO's are beings from not across space but Alternate dimensions

mos def.

If the universe is infinite which all conclusions point to, that means that there are an infinite number of galaxies, which means there are an infinite number of stars, which means there are an infinite number of worlds, which means there are an infinite number of inhabitable worlds, which means there are an infinite amount of species.

507537[/snapback]

Where did you hear this? Everything that I've read says nothing at all about the universe being "infinite". In fact, it is theorized that at the rate of expansion of the universe, there will be no stars OR galaxies at some point in time.

The universe IS expanding, but that doesn't mean it's infinite. Unless I'm completely off my rocker and I've got it all wrong...........which is just as plausible.

I don't see where alternate dimensions has anything to do with life outside earth. It's all possible, but eh,

I don't beleive in Alternate universes, but then again....In one of them, there would be a me that does.... original.gif

my friend gets really p***ed off when the rest of us start discussing paralell universes! it really funny! anyway im not sure if i believe

Anybody ever read The Dark Tower volume 1?

Stephen King had a good idea about it, but im not gonna spoil it for those who havent read it yet.

Just a thought -

Shouldn't it be parallel universes, not parallel dimensions?

Dimensions are things like length, width, height, time.

*edited for spelling error*

Edited by Adramaleck

I think it would be a great mistake to say that we are alone in the universe. You just have to take a look at the sky in the night to be convince that there is life somewhere else.

If after looking you still believe that you are alone, well you are a blind fool.

Actually this is what quantum mechanics has hypothesised.

That everything in the microscopic universe happens by chance but every possibility will occur at the same time and only one possibility will ever be observed since that possibility is what happens in our parallel universe and all the other ones happen in other universes.

so we could be the macroscopic equivelant to this.

Anybody ever read The Dark Tower volume 1?

Stephen King had a good idea about it, but im not gonna spoil it for those who havent read it yet.

514962[/snapback]

Are you talking about the discussion with the man in black?

Actually this is what quantum mechanics has hypothesised.

That everything in the microscopic universe happens by chance but every possibility will occur at the same time and only one possibility will ever be observed since that possibility is what happens in our parallel universe and all the other ones happen in other universes.

so we could be the macroscopic equivelant to this.

518592[/snapback]

Yeap, for every decision no matter how small, no matter what change there is a seperate universe being created for it at infinite times.

I would appreciate if you could explain me the theory of King. I'm not a fan of the work of King, I am not really felling like reading one of his book. Just send me a private message.

i'd like to think that there is life outside of this world. i mean, i believe it would be pretty arrogant to assume that we're the only lifeform that there is. i think we , as humans, have this obsession with explaining everything, when sometimes some things should be accepted as being inexplicable.

mos def.

507537[/snapback]

Your theory would go on to say, there is an infinite simultaneous and future existences of us.

Could you imagine having a DNA, fingerprint identical twin on another planet?