Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Vaccines Did not Save us.. Statistics

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#1    Scrunchkruckets

Scrunchkruckets

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

• Itch my Scratch

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

My Homeopath was at a talk this weekend on Vaccines..She gave me this website.

This is the data the drug industry do not want you to see. Here 2 centuries of UK, USA and Australian official death statistics show conclusively and scientifically modern medicine is not responsible for and played little part in substantially improved life expectancy and survival from disease in western economies.
The main advances in combating disease over 200 years have been better food and clean drinking water.  Improved sanitation, less overcrowded and better living conditions also contribute. This is also borne out in published peer reviewed research:

http://childhealthsa...ess.com/graphs/

Edited by Scrunchkruckets, 25 March 2014 - 09:38 AM.

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,754 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:28 AM

POPULAR

Given that we're not being plagued by smallpox or measles ... I'll say they're doing their job.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,047 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:01 AM

Considering that Homeopathy itself is a fraud then I suspect the veracity of the OP's Homeopath's link.

Homeopathy is a fraud (LINK NHS): http://www.nhs.uk/co...troduction.aspx

#4    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,763 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:29 AM

Unfortunately, this article is very biased because of this blogger's belief in homeopathy. The arguments are only concentrated on the cons of vaccinations. Homeopathy and vaccinations both have their benefits and risks.

Don't get me wrong. The drug companies are there to make money, That's why there's no actual cure for the common cold of flu. The vaccination is only a temporary resistance, but it works.

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#5    Scrunchkruckets

Scrunchkruckets

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

• Itch my Scratch

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:29 AM

View Postkeithisco, on 25 March 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

Considering that Homeopathy itself is a fraud then I suspect the veracity of the OP's Homeopath's link.

well it cured my psorisis that i had all my life. and it cured my mums migraines.

#6    Scrunchkruckets

Scrunchkruckets

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

• Itch my Scratch

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

View Post:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:, on 25 March 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

Unfortunately, this article is very biased because of this blogger's belief in homeopathy. The arguments are only concentrated on the cons of vaccinations. Homeopathy and vaccinations both have their benefits and risks.

Don't get me wrong. The drug companies are there to make money, That's why there's no actual cure for the common cold of flu. The vaccination is only a temporary resistance, but it works.
it wasnt a talk for homeopaths. it just happened to be on and she went to it..

www.informedparent.co.uk

Edited by Scrunchkruckets, 25 March 2014 - 11:33 AM.

#7    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,484 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

Puts me in the mind of Mark Twain:

"There are three kinds of lies:  Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics"

#8    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,142 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

View Postkeithisco, on 25 March 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

I couldn't agree more.
Granted, some 'home-remedies' do seem to work somewhat, I would never put my life or my loved one's lives on the line by believing that homeopathy is the 'cure-all' for whatever ails you.

Homeopathy resulted in the death of one the greatest men ever. All from a strep infection.

Posted Image

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#9    Scrunchkruckets

Scrunchkruckets

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

• Itch my Scratch

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

www.informedparent.co.uk

#10    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,142 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

View PostScrunchkruckets, on 25 March 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

LOL, that is quite funny.  So basically a bunch of doctors and scientists were sitting around one day and all said, "Wow, look measles, mumps and rubella are almost completely gone... all on their own too. We'd better spend valuable time and money on a vaccine for that to make ourselves look rather important."

Here's an idea, stop immunizing the populous and watch what happens... but don't set foot near me.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#11    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,066 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

http://www.webmd.com...-topic-overview

Homeopathy is based on the idea that "like cures like." That is, if a substance causes a symptom in a healthy person, giving the person a very small amount of the same substance may cure the illness. In theory, a homeopathic dose enhances the body's normal healing and self-regulatory processes.

http://www.nhs.uk/co...troduction.aspx

A central principle of the 'treatment' is that 'like cures like' – that a substance that causes certain symptoms can also help to remove those symptoms.

....   sounds like a vaccine?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#12    Scrunchkruckets

Scrunchkruckets

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

• Itch my Scratch

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:09 PM

:)

Edited by Scrunchkruckets, 25 March 2014 - 12:15 PM.

#13    Scrunchkruckets

Scrunchkruckets

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

• Itch my Scratch

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

View Postlightly, on 25 March 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

http://www.webmd.com...-topic-overview

Homeopathy is based on the idea that "like cures like." That is, if a substance causes a symptom in a healthy person, giving the person a very small amount of the same substance may cure the illness. In theory, a homeopathic dose enhances the body's normal healing and self-regulatory processes.

http://www.nhs.uk/co...troduction.aspx

A central principle of the 'treatment' is that 'like cures like' – that a substance that causes certain symptoms can also help to remove those symptoms.

....   sounds like a vaccine?

Yeah its very good.. i find homeopathy brilliant.. Doctors are great dont get me wrong. but homeopathy would be my first choice. and they do recommend the doctor if they havent got a remedy.

#14    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,240 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

Scrunch, do you have any pre-existing views on vaccinations?  In what way did you examine and verify the information you found there?  I trust you didn't just post it without checking anything, or looking to see if the logic used was correct, that the data was properly gathered and interpreted, and that proper inferences were made?

I'd like to hear from you, in your very own words, exactly what you found most compelling, in detail - as this is a discussion forum, wouldn't that be a better way to proceed than posting blind, uncommented links and waving your arms about?

Frankly, I find one-line replies with links a pretty good guide to the depth (or shallowness) of the 'investigation' being applied...

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

#15    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,359 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

Medicine by amateur endorsement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users