Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

Disturbing Parallels of the Colorado Shooting

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,841 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

One other thing. This kid came ready for a fight. Full body armor. This to confront a completly unarmed public. Then when the police show up, he just gives up without so much as a single shot fired.  Youd think this would be more of a suicide mission. Knowing you will probably get the death penalty, or life in prison, your not only not going to kill yourself, or have police do the job for you, but your not even gonna try to get away? This is very strange.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#17    Kriegermonch

Kriegermonch

Government Agent

• 3,285 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

http://tacticalgear....orado-shooting/

#18    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,187 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 24 July 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

One other thing. This kid came ready for a fight. Full body armor. This to confront a completly unarmed public. Then when the police show up, he just gives up without so much as a single shot fired.  Youd think this would be more of a suicide mission. Knowing you will probably get the death penalty, or life in prison, your not only not going to kill yourself, or have police do the job for you, but your not even gonna try to get away? This is very strange.

Ok, this only MY suspicion, I haven't heard anything about it.  BUT -

I think he was off to do more carnage and was hoping that his "disguise" (body armor, mask, etc.) would allow him to blend into the scene as another officer and he could go cause more havoc and death.  

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#19    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,841 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 24 July 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

:)  Here and there.

I'm assuming that he had money from student loans.  The school he was dropping out of was willing to work with him so I'm betting he had paid for the first semesters at least.  NOT a cheap school.  It's the only thing that made sense to me.  I don't think paying the loans back was a concern of his.

Dunno about the FBI stuff.

Could be. I hope we get more details soon.

Eh, this bit doesn't concern me too much.  Like I said, these are ALWAYS going on.  Schools, hospitals, churches and businesses.  (Like I said in another thread, Colorado needs to find a new way to be a trend setter.)  We had a shooting at a hospital not too long ago.  Also one at a church.

Nibs

I wouldnt have thought to much about it either. But there definitly seems to be a pattern here with emergency mock drills and tragic events.

#20    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,841 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 24 July 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

Ok, this only MY suspicion, I haven't heard anything about it.  BUT -

I think he was off to do more carnage and was hoping that his "disguise" (body armor, mask, etc.) would allow him to blend into the scene as another officer and he could go cause more havoc and death.  

Nibs

He warned police that his apartment was booby trapped. That doesnt sound like a guy who was out to shed more blood then he already had.

#21    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,841 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

Added on July 22nd: "He allegedly wore a helmet, a throat guard, a ballistic vest, ballistic leggings and gloves and was dressed in black." (http://www.washingto...-from-james-...)

In other words, this guy was equipped with exotic gear by someone with connections to military equipment. SWAT clothing, explosives, complex booby-traps... c'mon, this isn't a "lone gunman." This is somebody who was selected for a mission, given equipment to carry it out, then somehow brainwashed into getting it done.

Learn more: http://www.naturalne...l#ixzz21YKMHJBS

#22    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,187 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 24 July 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

He warned police that his apartment was booby trapped. That doesnt sound like a guy who was out to shed more blood then he already had.

I'm looking for the interview with Oates but I think he was saying that something the shooter said lead the police to believe that the apartment was booby trapped.  In the video I linked to he is vague about what exactly said but didn't really say he warned them.

OH, here is an interesting article about how the shooter almost got away with looking like a SWAT member.

Here is Oates briefing about the shooting, he doesn't say anything about being warned.  I think that the shooter flat our warning the police may be a bit speculative.

Nibs

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#23    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,841 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

Don't forget the cost of all the training (thousands of dollars) and the bomb-making equipment. Holmes reportedly had 30 improvised grenades, mortars, binary liquids that explode when mixed, wires, exotic bomb equipment... this gets expensive very quickly (even if you can source this equipment!).

The mere manufacture of an explosive booby-trap device is, all by itself, a felony crime by the way. And remember: "Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said Holmes' apartment is booby-trapped with a 'sophisticated' maze of flammable devices. It could take hours or days for authorities to disarm it," reported Yahoo News (http://sg.sports.yah...ence-phd-stu...).

Question: Where does an unemployed, introverted medical school student get the training to deploy sophisticated booby traps, tactical body armor, weapons systems and more? Certainly not in graduate school!

All this leads to an obvious third party influence over all this. Someone else taught this guy these skills and funded the acquisition of the equipment.

#24    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,187 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 24 July 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

Don't forget the cost of all the training (thousands of dollars) and the bomb-making equipment. Holmes reportedly had 30 improvised grenades, mortars, binary liquids that explode when mixed, wires, exotic bomb equipment... this gets expensive very quickly (even if you can source this equipment!).

The mere manufacture of an explosive booby-trap device is, all by itself, a felony crime by the way. And remember: "Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said Holmes' apartment is booby-trapped with a 'sophisticated' maze of flammable devices. It could take hours or days for authorities to disarm it," reported Yahoo News (http://sg.sports.yah...ence-phd-stu...).

Question: Where does an unemployed, introverted medical school student get the training to deploy sophisticated booby traps, tactical body armor, weapons systems and more? Certainly not in graduate school!

All this leads to an obvious third party influence over all this. Someone else taught this guy these skills and funded the acquisition of the equipment.

Internet.  :)  Not sure how much training a guy who is getting a PhD in neuorscience would need to make chemical stuff.

I dunno all the answers.  I just have my own little pet ideas.  

Nibs

#25    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,841 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 24 July 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

I'm looking for the interview with Oates but I think he was saying that something the shooter said lead the police to believe that the apartment was booby trapped.  In the video I linked to he is vague about what exactly said but didn't really say he warned them.

OH, here is an interesting article about how the shooter almost got away with looking like a SWAT member.

Here is Oates briefing about the shooting, he doesn't say anything about being warned.  I think that the shooter flat our warning the police may be a bit speculative.

Nibs

Yea I havent seen the exact quote yet either. Though just saying anything that would lead the police to believe that the apartment was booby trapped, doesnt sound like a guy who was really going to try and kill them with it. Or he just couldnt keep a secret :)

Imagine the guy just walked away?

What do you think about the eye witnesses saying they think someone let him in?

Edited by preacherman76, 24 July 2012 - 03:54 PM.

#26    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,187 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 24 July 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

Yea I havent seen the exact quote yet either. Though just saying anything that would lead the police to believe that the apartment was booby trapped, doesnt sound like a guy who was really going to try and kill them with it. Or he just could keep a secret :)

Imagine the guy just walked away?

What do you think about the eye witnesses saying they think someone let him in?

I hope we get a bunch of answers to this stuff when the trial starts.  :)

Someone letting him in?  Not surprised.  College area.  Lots of sneaking around (innocent).  In my younger days we used to pay for a ticket and then let our friends in through the door.  :)  

Nibs

#27    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,187 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

Ah, just found this.  Says he received a $26,000.00 research grant recently.  

They think this is how he funded some of his crazy.

Nibs

#28    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,021 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 24 July 2012 - 04:22 PM, said:

Ah, just found this.  Says he received a $26,000.00 research grant recently.  

They think this is how he funded some of his crazy.

Nibs

Thank you, HerNibs.

I was about ready to post the same thing before conspiracy theorists took this too far.

To all the CT's...  he had the money from raping the research grant. Plus some of his own, and he came from a well-to-do family. Who knows how much money his parents were sending him each month.

Edited by pallidin, 24 July 2012 - 04:38 PM.

#29    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

• The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

Certainly is interesting.

Thanks,

Super-Fly!!3

TrueStory.

#30    123456654321

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

preacherman .as he set handcuffed in his little orange uniform  in the court room or police dept. were ever he was.his head kept nodding back and forth and his eyes  were closing and opening.
any way he looked like he was fighting sleep.was this from being insane or was he drugged?

Edited by 123456654321, 24 July 2012 - 08:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users