Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Human Race

dr nail

Hi there , i was just wondering about the purpose of the human race if there is one .

Not sure there is myself , just wondering on peoples views onto why we were created

where we came from ,Why we are all marooned on this little planet <_< Thanks for your

views in advance

nathan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dougal

• Agent. Mulder

• zombeikiller

• Alien Being

We're an experiment created by the Gods.

They wanted to see some people fighting.

I imagine us like a giant computer that is calculating something... though I can't imagine what exactly. Although I'd say our absolute purpose is to fulfull this calculation that started at the beggining of time I'd say we each in our own lives find our own purposes which inevitably fall within the absolute purpose.

Well it just depends on what you feel more than anything everyone is different. I have always felt like we had a greater need for being what we are and seeing what we can do. But maybe we are nothing but a dream and any moment we all wake up.

Mostly, we seem to have been put here to worry. We're born, we cry, we worry about our toys, we worry about what to wear, we worry about what's cool - then there's a brief existential period where we worry about our role in the universe and our purpose in life - then we worry a bit more about marriage, kids and work, before retiring to a golden age of worrying if we've left the gas on. Maybe we're part of some renewable energy scheme where our worries are powering the whole universe...

Other than that I don't think there can be a purpose. The history of life on this planet - and of the human race - has been too checkered and unpredictable to have been working towards any predefined goal... I reckon that if there is some kind of all mighty being he's got as much idea where this is all going as we have, though he'll probably pop out and say ta-da at the end like a pool player trying to pretend that a fluke shot was intentional...

If our purpose is merely to procreate, why have we evolved the capacity to choose not to do so? Why did we develop such a complex society when we already had all the needed to procreate back when we were living in caves. OK, I get that developing more sustainable food sources, warmer accommodation and a community all help with raising healthy children, but things like architecture, temples, art, music, theatre... none of these thing help us to procreate, so why have we evolved them? This is probably going to sound very ignorant from a scientist's point of view, but it would seem to me that something changed during the 'great leap forward' of evolution 35,000 years ago. Before our aim seemed merely to procreate and raise healthy young, and then we were making art and sculpture and learning setting up trade. None of these things assist procreation, so why did we start doing them?

If our purpose is merely to procreate, why have we evolved the capacity to choose not to do so? Why did we develop such a complex society when we already had all the needed to procreate back when we were living in caves. OK, I get that developing more sustainable food sources, warmer accommodation and a community all help with raising healthy children, but things like architecture, temples, art, music, theatre... none of these thing help us to procreate, so why have we evolved them? This is probably going to sound very ignorant from a scientist's point of view, but it would seem to me that something changed during the 'great leap forward' of evolution 35,000 years ago. Before our aim seemed merely to procreate and raise healthy young, and then we were making art and sculpture and learning setting up trade. None of these things assist procreation, so why did we start doing them?

Having the time to do things like sit about and design a building, or build a big monument, or just draw and create things shows that you, and your community are organised enough that you don't have to spend all day hunting. By doing those things you're showing that you can provide yourself and your mate easily, chicks dig that :P

things like architecture, temples, art, music, theatre... none of these thing help us to procreate, so why have we evolved them?

It is a common mistake to think that everything around us can be explained in evolutionary terms. Art has nothing to do with evolution.

We evolved an intelligence that lead to society and cooperation and gave us a massive bonus in survival terms. Everything else - art, architecture, philosophy - is a by-product of the society we build around us - it has no evolutionary source or benefit.

We are still just baby machines at the end of the day.

But surely the basic society and cooperation we had before evolving into modern humans was sufficient for survival? Why go that extra hog and advance further to explore things like trade if we were already serving our purpose of procreation. And how come we have developed to a point where we can live fulfilling lives without procreating? I just find the idea that our purpose is exactly the same as other animals - to procreate - a little hard to swallow. I'm not sure what I think the alternative is though...

As has been said we are here 'to get it on'....nothing more, the primal instinct of survival of the species out weighs everything else, or course not everyone wants to undertake parenthood, does this mean they are going agaisnt our reason for existance? Interesting....

Hi..

Thanks for sharing this wonderful topic. This is right that

we do not know actually why we come to this planet. What is our

goal. We also do not have time to think about this critical topic.

Once again thanks for reminding this.

But surely the basic society and cooperation we had before evolving into modern humans was sufficient for survival? Why go that extra hog and advance further to explore things like trade if we were already serving our purpose of procreation. And how come we have developed to a point where we can live fulfilling lives without procreating? I just find the idea that our purpose is exactly the same as other animals - to procreate - a little hard to swallow. I'm not sure what I think the alternative is though...

Uh, again, you're trying to use evolution to explain everything. Evolution has nothing to do with trade, nor anything else that we use to "fulfil" our lives.

We evolved a higher intelligence than any other animal, which has allowed us to dominate the planet. This intelligence included complex societies and the ability to co-operate. Things like "trade" are a by product of this, which may well have helped homo sapiens survive when other similar species didn't. But this doesn't mean that having the concept of trading objects has direct evolutionary benefits - its just a by product of our intelligence - as is everything else we surround ourselves with.

Filling a gallery with art or designing a beautiful building doesn't mean that in nature's grand scheme of things we're still not just here to make babies.

Hi there , i was just wondering about the purpose of the human race if there is one .

Not sure there is myself , just wondering on peoples views onto why we were created

where we came from ,Why we are all marooned on this little planet <_< Thanks for your

views in advance

nathan

Our reality is our creation not Gods.

When you begin to explore what things like colour and sound are you realise they dont exist. Whilst your brain recieves electrical signals from your senses thats all it receives. Your brain then creates things like colour and sound as a way of interrupting the electric signals so that you can understand the meaning of it all.

The whole of reality is an illusion which our minds have created. Its just perceptions and interruptations about what is out there. Many people in life are uneducated in philosophy and physics so they fall for the illusion and ground themselves in a materialistic universe which leads to their corruption.

Alter the way you see the world and you'll find happyness, enjoyment and fullfillment. The Earth is not some negative place where you have been marooned and abandoned. Its the materialistic interruptation that makes you feel that way.

Edited by Alien Being

How do we even know that everyone is really here, or even if we are actually real and not some lucid dream of someone elses? :D

Edited by SpiderCyde

How do we even know that everyone is really here, or even if we are actually real and not some lucid dream of someone elses? :D

How would you like to spend eternity?

Would you prefer to have happyness, enjoyment, humour and pleasure or lead a miserable existance full of suffering?

How the universe works is irrelevant. You know what you want most in life and for eternity. Its to lead an existance you like and will enjoy so why not alter your perceptions now and be there?

Learn to live and enjoy not live and suffer. Change your mentality.

Edited by Alien Being

Uh, again, you're trying to use evolution to explain everything. Evolution has nothing to do with trade, nor anything else that we use to "fulfil" our lives.

We evolved a higher intelligence than any other animal, which has allowed us to dominate the planet. This intelligence included complex societies and the ability to co-operate. Things like "trade" are a by product of this, which may well have helped homo sapiens survive when other similar species didn't. But this doesn't mean that having the concept of trading objects has direct evolutionary benefits - its just a by product of our intelligence - as is everything else we surround ourselves with.

Filling a gallery with art or designing a beautiful building doesn't mean that in nature's grand scheme of things we're still not just here to make babies.

Sorry, I'm not explaining myself very well. I don't mean that trade is an evolutionary trade... I mean why did we evolve higher intelligence in the first place? Before the 'great leap forward' or whatever you want to call it, we had seemingly developed enough intelligence and skill with tools to allow us to be pretty much at the top of the food chain and colonise large areas of land. Now, I'm sure I'm being a bit thick here (not my strongest subject!) but what puzzles me is why humans, already at the top of the food chain, continued to evolve into a radically changed species with a much higher intelligence, even though its habitat seems to have stayed roughly the same. I guess I've always thought that evolutionary changes make sense within context... extra flippers here for claws there allow the animal to navigate its habitat more effectively. What I struggle to get my head round is the idea that we would have evolved a higher intelligence to help us survive through creating society and commerce, even though neither of those things existed yet. I'm not saying I don't believe it, it just boggles my mind!

I still think it's oversimplifying matters to say our main purpose is to procreate. Why have we taken such a different approach to it than all the other members of the animal kingdom?

Our reality is our creation not Gods.

When you begin to explore what things like colour and sound are you realise they dont exist. Whilst your brain recieves electrical signals from your senses thats all it receives. Your brain then creates things like colour and sound as a way of interrupting the electric signals so that you can understand the meaning of it all.

The whole of reality is an illusion which our minds have created. Its just perceptions and interruptations about what is out there. Many people in life are uneducated in philosophy and physics so they fall for the illusion and ground themselves in a materialistic universe which leads to their corruption.

Alter the way you see the world and you'll find happyness, enjoyment and fullfillment. The Earth is not some negative place where you have been marooned and abandoned. Its the materialistic interruptation that makes you feel that way.

I was not saying this in a negative way ,and i dont see how i am corrupt because i am not educated in physics of philosophy

actually i dont understand anything you have written sorry .

I wouldn't worry about it too much, after all you people are merely figments of my imagination.

Haha that made my day

Haha that made my day

Why solipsism is a valid idea and fits in with how physicists say the unvierse works.

Hi there , i was just wondering about the purpose of the human race if there is one.

views in advance

nathan

Human race:

Whoever dies first with the most wins?