Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Cornish sea serpent?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 28 June 2002 - 08:17 PM

Here's a link to an article that mentions a reported sighting, along with a picture, of a possible sea serpent off Gerran's Bay in Cornwall;

CLICK HERE

Magikman  :sg

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#2    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 29 June 2002 - 04:33 PM

[blue]Not sure about the picture posted with that story. It's difficult to tell what that is, it's so grainy. Maybe the video footage would be more revealling.

There have been reports of 'sea serpents' and monsters off the Cornish coast for years though. I'm sure I've seen a programme somewhere about the Cornish sea serpents a few years ago. They were historically thought to be mermaids, I think.

Good story.
[/blue] :s02

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#3    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 30 June 2002 - 12:29 AM

The picture looks like an inflatable swimming ring with a head on it to me.  It probably got swept out to sea or something.

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#4    Anichka

Anichka

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

• Go not knowing where.
    Bring not knowing what.
    The path is long, the way unknown.

Posted 05 October 2002 - 04:35 AM

I think that is fake because they look like those hoops for little kids to swim in the pool. They had a half an hour show on the nessie pitures they mentionted how the photograpers fake it.

#5    cat_from_heaven

cat_from_heaven

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 October 2002 - 04:43 PM

Totally agree.That is a swimming ring.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users