Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

unexplained help

kopite

i recently went to a party and accidently layed on a piece of pizza, next day i checked my white shirt and had a orange stain on the back, about 3x4cm and a smaller one on my sleeve, so i washed it but the stains remained so i put it on a hanger and hung on the handle of my living room door as to remind to buy some stain remover, anyway 10 days later i go to clean it but the stains are gone, whats all that about? i live by myself and have my 2 kids stay with me 3 nights a week and there is no way they cleaned it. my nan who passed away 10 years ago would never let me go out with a stain on my shirt, she would scrub away untill it was gone, im thinking she has made an appearance to clean my shirt, so can anybody give me an explaination as to what happened to the pizza stains??

Was there bleach in your washing powder? Or did you spray it with bleach before you washed it originally? If it is not completely rinsed out the bleach will keep doing it's thing and presto - stain gone.

Was there bleach/whitening agent in your washing powder? Or did you spray it with bleach before you washed it originally? If it is not completely rinsed out the bleach will keep doing it's thing and presto - stain gone.

Its called stains fade...

so its called stains fade hey, well iv just made the exact same stains with the same shirt using the same flavour pizza and tomorrow i will wash my exact same shirt in the exact same soap powder, then after 10 days if the stains are gone (which i know they want be) then i will have your pathetic theory of stains fade and i will announce to the world that the best stain removel cure is to hang your shirt up for 10 days!! u r havin a laugh!!

Was there bleach in your washing powder? Or did you spray it with bleach before you washed it originally? If it is not completely rinsed out the bleach will keep doing it's thing and presto - stain gone.

no i never used any bleach, i like your theory but this stain was just too ingrained to just vanish, anyway iv just restained my shirt with the same flavour pizza and im going to go through the same process so i will get back to you in 10 days with the results!!

Was your shirt hanging in an area that got any direct sunlight? Sunlight sometimes aids in stain removal. I remember when my kids were quite young and one of my daughters got spaghetti all over a really nice dress. I washed it the next day and was disheartened to see the stains didn't come out. But I hung it on the line anyway, planning to call my mother later and ask advice on removing the stain. When I brought in the dry laundry later, the stain was completely gone! When I called my mom later that day, she informed me that her mom used to handwash as well, and alot of her stains came out in the sunlight.

Was your shirt hanging in an area that got any direct sunlight? Sunlight sometimes aids in stain removal. I remember when my kids were quite young and one of my daughters got spaghetti all over a really nice dress. I washed it the next day and was disheartened to see the stains didn't come out. But I hung it on the line anyway, planning to call my mother later and ask advice on removing the stain. When I brought in the dry laundry later, the stain was completely gone! When I called my mom later that day, she informed me that her mom used to handwash as well, and alot of her stains came out in the sunlight.

Sun-bleached. Yay!

• 2 weeks later...

so its called stains fade hey, well iv just made the exact same stains with the same shirt using the same flavour pizza and tomorrow i will wash my exact same shirt in the exact same soap powder, then after 10 days if the stains are gone (which i know they want be) then i will have your pathetic theory of stains fade and i will announce to the world that the best stain removel cure is to hang your shirt up for 10 days!! u r havin a laugh!!

It has been 10 days......

I hope you took a picture on day 1, and one after 10 days for us to compare.

i recently went to a party and accidently layed on a piece of pizza

Must've been a great party!

If this turns out to be a laundry washing ghost, can you please send it my way?

• Like 1

Well wonder what happened? LOL, no I don't.

If this turns out to be a laundry washing ghost, can you please send it my way?

Agreed. Send him my way, too!

Edited by lizzieborden

Its called stains fade...

I think he has found that out by now....