Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman claims she smelled God during NDE

Still Waters

A guest on Tuesday’s edition of “Fox and Friends” claims she smelled God during a recent near-death experience.

“I saw an immense brightness. A brightness I could feel, touch, taste, hear, smell that infused me.” Not like I had five senses but more like I had 500 senses,” Crystal McVea, author of a new e-book, “Waking Up in Heaven: A True Story of Brokenness, Heaven, and Life Again,” told Fox host Gretchen Carlson.

http://news.yahoo.co...-221225824.html

• Like 3

That reminds me of a story called "The Smell of Rain" that I read a while ago. It was about a premature baby, who recalled when she was older that God smelled like rain. http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/smellofrain.htm It was a story that stuck with me.

• Like 1

Most, if not all people that have had experienced an NDE, no longer fear death. I've had an NDE. I welcome death to all it's glory

Pork and Beans will do it every time. :tu:

While science has begun to describe how the NDE occurs within the brain, the fascinating aspect this experience is the why. Why so many spiritual experiences? Are we ultimately spiritual beings entrapped in a physical mass of living cells on an evolutionary precipice?

• Like 2

So wait, she was in heaven or she saw the creator or both? Who was she negotiating with? This story lacks detail. Maybe the detail was in the vdeo, but it's blocked at work.

So what does God smell like????? raindrops on roses & whiskers on kittens?

• Like 3

I imagine he's quite smelly due to being alive for an eternity,no mention of personal hygiene being maintained in the Bible etc

On a similar track some years ago a good friend of mine was working in A&E in his local hospital. he was a qualified anaesthetist. A man was brought in suffering from cardiac arrest, unconscious, and he was someone my friend knew. They eventually brought him round and to initially save him the trauma of what he had been through my friend decided not to tell him how close he was to dying, he told him he had fainted. The patient then told him not to talk such nonsense as he knew exactly what had happened and described in detail what procedures, and what equipment had been used, to save his life. When my friend asked him how he knew he was told it was because he was floating near the ceiling of the room watching what they were doing to his body. Even if you find this difficult to believe it does beg the question, how, if you are lying flat on your back with people all around you, could you possibly see exactly what was going on? The only way he could have seen what was being done to him was from above and my friend was 100% convinced that this man was literally at a stage between life and death.

• Like 1

Frustrating... I want to know what God smelled like to her but I don't want to buy her book just to find that out. I guess I'll have to wait for my own death... Assuming there is a God, it's the same as hers, and that I'll go to heaven...

Edited by Lava_Lady
  • Like 1

wanna know what i smell?, BULLSH*T

• Like 3

High desert 50,that is what many dualists like the Cathars believed.That the soul was created by the Good God and that the demiurgeor Satan created the material world and imprisoned bits of light ie:the soul into material bodies.That we had to go back to the Good God and be free of the material world.

My dad was a vet of three wars,,World War 2,Korea and Vietnam. He was wounded and still had some schrapnel he carried around.Fighting in combat is as close as one can get to death. With all the death and descruction around I doubt he was trying to smell God in any way shape or form.I have never heard anyone say that before.

She may have had the experience,but no one smells God.

• Like 1

No no no! They've got it all wrong. The poor woman collapsed and suffered her NDE on the dockside at Felixstowe near the fishmarket. When she regained consciousness, the paramedic asked her how she was, and she replied, "I can smell cod!"

(I posted that just for the halibut!") s3656.gif

• Like 7

So god let loose with a good fart? Isn´t that great. By the way, she did not tell which god she smelled. Zeus? Allah? Shiva? Yahwe? We want to know.

• Like 1

No no no! They've got it all wrong. The poor woman collapsed and suffered her NDE on the dockside at Felixstowe near the fishmarket. When she regained consciousness, the paramedic asked her how she was, and she replied, "I can smell cod!"

(I posted that just for the halibut!") s3656.gif

Oh, Eladwita! Funny :tu:

Kind Regards ;)

Most, if not all people that have had experienced an NDE, no longer fear death. I've had an NDE. I welcome death to all it's glory

Where can I get one?

On a similar track some years ago a good friend of mine was working in A&E in his local hospital. he was a qualified anaesthetist. A man was brought in suffering from cardiac arrest, unconscious, and he was someone my friend knew. They eventually brought him round and to initially save him the trauma of what he had been through my friend decided not to tell him how close he was to dying, he told him he had fainted. The patient then told him not to talk such nonsense as he knew exactly what had happened and described in detail what procedures, and what equipment had been used, to save his life. When my friend asked him how he knew he was told it was because he was floating near the ceiling of the room watching what they were doing to his body. Even if you find this difficult to believe it does beg the question, how, if you are lying flat on your back with people all around you, could you possibly see exactly what was going on? The only way he could have seen what was being done to him was from above and my friend was 100% convinced that this man was literally at a stage between life and death.

My sister had claimed to have a NDE while having a difficult birth with her son. She was unconscious and claimed to have been above her body

watching the doctor and nurses work on her. She never mentioned anything of white light or divine encounter.

My sister had claimed to have a NDE while having a difficult birth with her son. She was unconscious and claimed to have been above her body

watching the doctor and nurses work on her. She never mentioned anything of white light or divine encounter.

Is that NDE or an 'out of body experience'?

There have been reports of people having out of body experiences whilst experiencing intense pain but were not in danger of dying.

I think that NDE's usually happen when the person has 'died' and have to be revived. Although I may be wrong.

:)

Is that NDE or an 'out of body experience'?

There have been reports of people having out of body experiences whilst experiencing intense pain but were not in danger of dying.

I think that NDE's usually happen when the person has 'died' and have to be revived. Although I may be wrong.

:)

It could have been an OBE.

smokeycat/Hawkin: interesting points. There is scientific research currently taking place in trauma rooms where objects are placed out of vision of the patients. If they say they have experienced an OBE and are able to describe the objects and where they are then this will go some way into proving that the condition actually exists.

I once smelled God..

Granted, I was going through an experimental time in my life and ecstasy may have played a ginormous part.

Buy my book to find out what the G-man smells of!

• Like 1