Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was Jesus a virgin?

kaknelson

I think this is a valid question!

Some people claim that he was married, some claim he had a child, some say he didn't. Yet there is no concrete evidence on these remarks.

My question is, does anyone know if in his life he ever has sex atall? Did he die a virgin? :innocent:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• zandore

• Bella-Angelique

• kaknelson

I think this is a valid question!

Some people claim that he was married, some claim he had a child, some say he didn't. Yet there is no concrete evidence on these remarks.

My question is, does anyone know if in his life he ever has sex atall? Did he die a virgin? :innocent:

Seeing as though Jesus was without sin (assuming you believe him to be the Messiah, which I do) then yes, Jesus was a virgin. This of course is assuming he did not marry and no where in the Bible does it say he did or didn't. If he did marry, which I don't think he did, (not that it makes a difference imho) then he would've consummated the marriage which would mean that no, he was not a virgin.

Edited by Zoe Rose

No, he wasn't, but his mother was! :w00t:

There are tales of christ and his exploits with Mary Magdelin.

I will add my two cents worth here.

Back in l986 when I awakened one morning at 3 a.m. and saw Jesus walking towards my bed I began to get some of these answers.

As time went on a source in the Spirit World began to show me past lives of many people all the way back to the Holy Land Lifetime.

In One Episode I saw Mary Walking across the Dessert and she picked up some Camel Dung and threw it at something.

Another time I saw Jesus sleeping after having too much wine just as any Human would do.

Another time I saw Jesus laying sleeping and Mary Magdalena was kneeling by the Bed he lay on weeping as she did at the Crucifixion and the Picture was displayed in such a way that I felt she was his wife weeping over his Death.

These looks into past Lifetimes were in Technicolor like Movie Pictures and sometimes they are also displayed in other lifetimes to show how the people came back through Reincarnation and who they were in various lifetimes.

People believe that Jesus went back to the Spirit World and stayed there all these years but my Psychic Information says that Jesus came back in many Lifetimes and Walked the Earth as an entirely new Personality.

:w00t: Thar be a tickler for those tent revivals, if he wasn't!

"And lo, verily I say unto you, Jesus ravished her in the garden and thought she had a nice tooshie ....." :rofl: Kidding! (Like I have to say that!? :sleepy: )

The Magdalene was not a prostitute, and there is no Biblical account of Yeshua ever having a sex life though of the male Deity myths that compose the Christ story, the same can not be said.

I dunno... Jesus would have attracted LOOOTTTTSSS of women :P

Especially with his cool goatee.

I dunno... Jesus would have attracted LOOOTTTTSSS of women :P

Especially with his cool goatee.

That was a goatee??? I know he was scruffy, and who would resist a man with magick hands!! It does seem likely that he could be a virgin, because if he was able to resist the devil, he obviously could resist women too... but you think about it, and there were alot of powerful women back then... he'd have to try and point out the devil in a woman first before being tempted into anything. & were talking about a very powerful guy, so if it was what was understood about Mary Magdeline, it was about temptation being resisted with her. After all, he did save her life - and who knows how much closer Mary wanted to be with him in the matter of repaying him.

So there has to be a legit connection to resisting temptation. So my answer would be yes, he probably was.

Edited by PFlack

Virtually every Jewish man in Jesus' day did marry, especially those who were considered to be Rabbis.

**cough cough** I found this:

"Gentlemen, that is as plain as the translators, or different councils over this Scripture, are allow it to go to the world, but the thing is there; it is told; Jesus was the bridegroom at the marriage of Cana of Galilee, and he told them what to do... Now there was actually a marriage; and if Jesus was not the bridegroom on that occasion, please tell who was. If any man can show this, and prove that it was not the Savior of the world, then I will acknowledge I am in error. We say it was Jesus Christ who was married, to be brought into the relation whereby he could see his seed, before he was crucified."

Source

Mormon web site

Pity wer continue to be preoccupied with Jesus the person instead of Jesus quest.

What did Jesus find that you all are missing?

Hey Turtle it's been a while!

What did Jesus find that you all are missing?
I am not missing anything.

The question was whether Jesus was a Virgin (not married)...My opinion is that he was a virgin. Its not like it was impossible that he was not married or a virgin even back in his day, even back with his status. I'm sure Jesus could have been tempted, could have had offerings by many of the ladies back then- but if his faith and status was as high as claimed he could have smiled and said "no". :yes:

ummm every one is asking about jesus...was he a mad liar,was he married and now was he a virgin... and was he a prositute??

Whats most important was that he (apparently) was a really nice guy- so thats fine by me.

Whats most important was that he (apparently) was a really nice guy- so thats fine by me.

xians were the ones who made up the whole "sex is a sin" thing. contrary to xian opinion, it is neither stated nor implied in genesis.

the xian fantasy is that he was somehow 100% god and man. If he was a man, he had male genitalia, and let's go from there. As a revolutionary hero of his time, he must have had babes clinging on to him, although, I always thought it obvious that he and the mag...

True. That is what's important. Maybe it's blasphemous, but if Jesus was a human, aren't humans imperfect?

unless he was an alien which would explain so much.

unless he was an alien which would explain so much.

And yes I have heard some say that. :w00t:

Nice?

Lu 19:27

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Kinda off topic but just a though, if being adulterous is a sin and Mary was married to Joseph and then had God's baby what does that mean?

Kinda off topic but just a though, if being adulterous is a sin and Mary was married to Joseph and then had God's baby what does that mean?

There is no sexual intercourse involved in having test tube babies.

I see no other obvious explanation for any immaculate conception at this time.

Perhaps we will know other methods in the future, but for now that is about it.