Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Slow hissing/pulsating noise

gypto

Hi, Noticed it happening much more often and that's why i decided look up and join this site at first. So..my story begins few years ago, about 3 years back. I changed my living place to live a bit further from noisy city. We have beautiful forest seen from 8th story building, great view. From time to time i have been hearing low-to high hissing noises that change frequency from slow to fast. It starts when i am getting close to forest , there are always cars parked not far, i check them by walking very close, no sound whatsover. Now it happens almost every week, i have asked others but nobody have noticed. I also did research on small communication tower which is on nerby building, communication department said that should any noise come from tower it can be heard only from very close radius, so i checked out this possibility too. Been to doctor - heartrate and bloodpressure is good, hearing too, i have had epylepsy years back now gone, but then i had a lot different noises in my head unlike these 50/50 maybe?

And so the weird stuff started month ago when i got more than a bit interested in this matter. I think, maybe something or some forest being noticed me responding. When i walk my path noise starts suddenly, in random, i can even sense movements. As i stop, a second later noise becomes more milder and sort of pretends to be slowly distancing away, i start to move and boom.. it gets to me pretty quickly back. It hovers around me, goes from left to right and opposite. Dissapears when other people are going past me and shows up afterwards. When i reach my house it fades away.

That said, i would like to know if anyone else has experienced such things, i still cant exclude epylepsy as a cause as it leaves big scars in nervous system for every human. I have a funny theory that maybe this entity wishes to lead me straight to forest, but i have no big intention to go alone and in dark. So, share your thoughts,

• Like 1

Hi and welcome.

Forget the entity stuff, go for the more logical and sometimes obvious answers, once you find the culprit. If you live in a town, which I take you do if you live on the 8th floor, there are numerous things which it could be, it could be anything electrical to something underground, this is the thing when you live in a built up area.

I left the city a few years back and the humming noises stopped, sometimes I heard pulsing sounds, it came from a new generator at the back of a new building.

Electrical devices, phone masts and many modern things can cause these sounds, I heard the sound from the masts too and it drove me mad at night, but not everyone heard it.

See if you can find any new builds locally.

It also depends on how sensitive your hearing is why you hear it and others do not, but once the sound is in your head, it can be difficult to forget.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome.

Forget the entity stuff, go for the more logical and sometimes obvious answers, once you find the culprit. If you live in a town, which I take you do if you live on the 8th floor, there are numerous things which it could be, it could be anything electrical to something underground, this is the thing when you live in a built up area.

I left the city a few years back and the humming noises stopped, sometimes I heard pulsing sounds, it came from a new generator at the back of a new building.

Electrical devices, phone masts and many modern things can cause these sounds, I heard the sound from the masts too and it drove me mad at night, but not everyone heard it.

See if you can find any new builds locally.

It also depends on how sensitive your hearing is why you hear it and others do not, but once the sound is in your head, it can be difficult to forget.

Yes, i agree, Thank you for reply. Logical explanation suits 99% of all cases, finding source is what i do now. Most probably place has some sort of geological influence on my brain, just picking up some random waves like a metal detector. Who knows :(

Last December, a few days after christmas I was reading a novel when from over my shoulder came a hissing/growling noise. It did stop me reading with a WTF moment. The noise only lasted for a second or two and seemed like someone was right behind me. I was sat on the sofa, behind this was the wall and I was alone in the house. Weird.

Thank you for reply Mark one. Did you sensed any movements at all? Eyes getting warmer from deep inside maybe? Behaviour changes except fear?

I'd say if you're not sure if its physically real or something only you are hearing, to take a digital recorder and see if you can pick up these noises or changed in tone, etc.

I'd say if you're not sure if its physically real or something only you are hearing, to take a digital recorder and see if you can pick up these noises or changed in tone, etc.

Did as you say, no results. Either it is my brain or my hearing is more sensitive in this spot near my house. For a few days i have been reading a lot similar articles, happening all around the world. Some say it is tinnitus sympton that can point to some health problems - nerves, frustration or depression. It can lead to different noises like hissing, humming and roaring. I think i will test some more, bring a paint spray and point where noises start and end, then i will test again after day or two to compare. I somehow think i should also note weather changes in that precise day i am doing it.