Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pensioner evicted from his home for smoking

Still Waters

A 75-year-old man is being thrown out of his home of 40 years in Germany after neighbours complained he was disturbing them by smoking.

In a case which has attracted national interested and divided opinion in Germany, a court in Dusseldorf has ruled that Friedhelm Adolfs, a retired caretaker, must vacate his flat by the end of the year.

http://www.telegraph...or-smoking.html

But the court upheld the eviction because the pensioner had not taken sufficient steps to ventilate his flat or prevent smoke passing into the communal hall.

http://www.telegraph...or-smoking.html

There had to more to this story than just an old man having a cig.

If it is going into the hall and he is not prepared to ventilate his flat then I can see how this would eventually lead to an eviction. (and I am a smoker)

Its basically the same as when someone blasts their music out, carry on being a pest and you can get evicted.

• Like 1

Wouldn't the best solution to be to ventilate his apartment?...

Ventilate him. Problem solved (joking) no one deserves to be evicted because they have a ciggy....unless they are Rusky cigs or Gauloises (French)...they both smell like burnt manure and probably taste worse.
  • Like 2

I'm surprised at that as Germany seems a lot more tolerant of smokers than England,I've been in bars over there with smoking rooms you have to go outside in pubs over here.

• Like 1

If he isnt emptying his ashtrays, then he is a scruffy b****** plain and simple, he could of took steps but he hasnt.

he is obviously not taking anyone else's rights into consideration, so why should his be any more valid or important?