Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Ever heard of this one?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

There is a story going around where I grew up that a family (50 years ago) was terrorized by their grandmother. She refused to let go of her daughter, she hated the guy the daughter married. They had 3 kids. The old ladyhated them aswell. She wanted her daughter back, away from the others.  She called them about 20 times a day. Walking around their house at night, etc...

One day she even tried to get one of the kids out of kindergarden, God knows why..... but the teachers knew about the whole situation and refused, she then slapped 3-4 kids and the teacher in the mouth.

That same night the old lady tried to break into their house.

The mother in the family (the old ladys daughter) thought it was a thief and killed her, blasted her in the face with a shotgun.

She was so shocked when she saw who it was that she whent to the kids bedroom and and threw the dead grandmother on the floor infront of the screaming kids. She screamed at them that it was their fault, that she hated them all, slapped them all in the face and ran out of the house.

This family, the dad and 3 kids, never saw her again.

The legend -- Every May 14th -- Grandmothers all over town is allowed to slap their grandkids in the face, as hard as they want.

And they do.

Edited by DBunker, 23 August 2013 - 03:24 PM.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#2    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,362 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:26 PM

I've never heard of that one before!

#3    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Random crap that no one reads anyway

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:27 PM

Ooh, that is a harsh tradition.  So when can the kids slap back?

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.  Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

#4    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,561 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:27 PM

POPULAR

Is this town named Psychoville?

#5    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Random crap that no one reads anyway

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

POPULAR

There is so much slapping in the original legend that it's like a Three Stooges episode

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.  Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

#6    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

This is a small town in the south of Sweden.... I can even remember back in the days when my friends grandmother hit him so hard (he was about 12) he cried like a little girl and even threw up.... from the humiliation, I guess.

The parents just laughed. I have no idea what happened to him later in life. Nothing good I imagine.

My grandmother slapped us as a joke, like most grandmothers.... didnt hurt one bit. ^_^

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#7    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

never heard if this one pretty violent though lol

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 23 August 2013 - 05:24 PM.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#8    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 3,000 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:43 PM

That is twisted. Poor kids in for a rude awakening if they never knew about the legend and then get slapped hard across the face by their elders.

#9    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

View PostEver After, on 23 August 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

That is twisted. Poor kids in for a rude awakening if they never knew about the legend and then get slapped hard across the face by their elders.

Most kids know about the legend, its like a ghost story type of deal around here. Its just that some old women is using it to really punish the grandkids they dont like.

Some get a gentle tap on the cheek and a smile, and the one after that gets a nasty SMACK on the side of the scull.

#10    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,815 posts

• No matter how hard you try, there will always be people who judge and criticize you.

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostDBunker, on 23 August 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

My grandmother slapped us as a joke, like most grandmothers.... didnt hurt one bit. ^_^

Hmm..can't imagine anyone thinking that slapping anyone is a joke. Certainly isn't to the recipient.

Anyways that is a new legend. Don't think I ever heard it. Kinda weird.

#11    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,758 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

I must say that I have never heard of this one either, and I live in Sweden, in the northern parts. Maybe its a local phenomenon?

I wonder why the police arent doing anything about this "tradition",... could it be that they are afraid of their Grandmothers? :unsure2:

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#12    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostDBunker, on 23 August 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

This is a small town in the south of Sweden.... I can even remember back in the days when my friends grandmother hit him so hard (he was about 12) he cried like a little girl and even threw up.... from the humiliation, I guess.

The parents just laughed. I have no idea what happened to him later in life. Nothing good I imagine.

What a horrible story!!

And I'm sorry but: what a horrible tradition!!

No matter what happens....never stop believing in people.....never stop believing in love♥♥

#13    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

View PostAggie, on 24 August 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

What a horrible story!!

And I'm sorry but: what a horrible tradition!!

Kinda like the movie The Purge, when I think about it. :unsure2:

#14    shephardess

shephardess

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

Is it supposed to imply that the dead grandmother possessed her daughter?

#15    Turtleguy

Turtleguy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 64 posts

• A stupid question deserves a stupid answer

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:22 PM

View PostHazzard, on 24 August 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

I must say that I have never heard of this one either, and I live in Sweden, in the northern parts. Maybe its a local phenomenon?

I wonder why the police arent doing anything about this "tradition",... could it be that they are afraid of their Grandmothers? :unsure2:

Funny thing with traditions, if it's tradition lots of time it wont be stopped even if it's illegal. Here there is a tradition of people, thousands of them, riding their bikes throughout the city naked. It started with some college pranksters and every year a few more would join in and now it's tradition and the police haven't tried to stop them, instead they help direct traffic around them and make sure they are safe. Here in the US public nudity is illegal outside of specified nudist locations but yet this is aloud once a year all because of tradition.

Turtle Power!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users